Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: SW, UA, IHG Plat, Hilton, Marriott
Crap, tried applying right now and it says "This offer is no longer available." Can anyone else get it working? Hope I didn't miss this...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:23 pm

Can't get the link to work here either. I wonder if they finally pulled the plug on it.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:54 pm

got the card. activated. confirmed with CSR regarding the 70K bonus, surprised to learnt that the first 25K comes in two installment.
Is there any other way to get the $100 credit without actually flying DL? Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:15 pm

I noticed other people said that, after they got approved for this card, it now says "Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember" under their name when they log into their SkyMiles account. My wife and I just got approved for this card last night, and so I just checked our SkyMiles accounts and it seems that my wife's account says "Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember", but my account does not. Should I be worried?

Neither of us previously had a SkyMiles account, so we both created one right before applying for this AMEX card. We did all of this within minutes of each other. We're also both first-time AMEX cardholders. So it seems strange that there would be a difference like this between our two SkyMiles accounts. Anyone have any thoughts on why this is the case?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pcharles
Well, consider its $5000 spend for 70K skymiles.

Yes, DELTA SKYMILES, so???
...think about that for a minute....

wait for it....

wait for it....

Bingo!!! There it is, buyer's remorse! ouch, I hate when that happens
It's okay, we can use them for Air France Busine--, oh wait.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by flag
Is there any other way to get the $100 credit without actually flying DL? Any suggestions?
Thanks.
I am thinking that buying the least amount of miles, 2,000 for $70 should count. Anyone know differently?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kathiel
I am thinking that buying the least amount of miles, 2,000 for $70 should count. Anyone know differently?
Also interested in this. If not, I'll just fly Delta somewhere.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by kathiel
I'm not sure about Delta, but for most airlines, buying miles posts as points.com, not the actual airline.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jk1joel
I'm not sure about Delta, but for most airlines, buying miles posts as points.com, not the actual airline.
Is there anyway you can buy one-day passes to Delta SkyLounge online? If so, doesn't that count as a Delta purchase?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Yes,

I have heard it is!

Originally Posted by fr33b13
Does anyone know if buying a snack on a Delta flight counts as a Delta purchase for the $100 credit?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
Well, consider its $5000 spend for 70K skymiles.

Yes, DELTA SKYMILES, so???
...think about that for a minute....

wait for it....

wait for it....

Bingo!!! There it is, buyer's remorse! ouch, I hate when that happens
So you end up with 75K miles, 5K more and you have enough for 2 R/t domestic flights................That's about $1000 MSP to TPA in early April plus free bags
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:18 pm

Anyone have experience getting a $100 Delta gift certificate for the credit statement?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by evilhomer
I noticed other people said that, after they got approved for this card, it now says "Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember" under their name when they log into their SkyMiles account. My wife and I just got approved for this card last night, and so I just checked our SkyMiles accounts and it seems that my wife's account says "Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember", but my account does not. Should I be worried?

Neither of us previously had a SkyMiles account, so we both created one right before applying for this AMEX card. We did all of this within minutes of each other. We're also both first-time AMEX cardholders. So it seems strange that there would be a difference like this between our two SkyMiles accounts. Anyone have any thoughts on why this is the case?
No reason to worry yet. There was a two day difference between my wife's account and my account before it showed up and we signed up within hours of each other.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I was able to get to the sign up page earlier this afternoon while at work, but now that I'm home and ready to submit my application, it says that it is no longer available.

Does anybody happen to have ANY way to get this deal back? It was the perfect deal for me at the perfect time. Can't believe I missed it!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by flyer4512
So you end up with 75K miles, 5K more and you have enough for 2 R/t domestic flights................That's about $1000 MSP to TPA in early April plus free bags
Bahahhaaaaaa ahhaaaaaa aaahhhhhhaaaaaaaa that's so funny.

So you spent $5000 for 2 domestic r/t flights, hopefully, if you can get that at 35k pp (hint: are your flights booked yet... you are being realistic arent you???).

Delta sold you a $5000 round trip domestic ticket?? A $4000 mark up (wait mods, relax, we all know that's not the whole picture) So....

...wait for it...

...wait for it...

... @:-) ...there it is.... Bahahhaaaaaa ahhaaaaaa aaahhhhhhaaaaaaaa
This is the realization the hangover hasnt set in yet...

Okay, and yes I realize your my goals are not mine. And I should not judge your goals!!!
So, I would venture to guess, venture to assume even, that you would make the $5000 spend regardless anyway, so this is a good economy trip to florida (that is usually about $350pp), but this is as good a good reason as any (right ), because if its free!! ($5000 free, over months of spend)

I do not really expect to see the flood to threads will be abound by those wanting ideas that were not "spending regardless."

...oooh, bad hangover.....
...waking up from the fog now....

who slipped me a mickey?

EDIT: Okay, okay, so, a goooood reasoning would be to top off for international redemption. (where's the idea light bulb for edits?)

Last edited by pcharles; Sep 18, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.