Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:46 pm

Thank you
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JustineG
Thank you
They post pretty fast. This is AMEX and not some other terrible credit card provider.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:52 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Hmm that's interesting. I canceled mine in Oct of 2011. I wonder if it was my SPG app 30 days ago? Maybe it's worth a call tomorrow to see what's up!

Originally Posted by kamishiro:19326593
--Data Point:
Last Delta Gold opened Sept '11, cancelled December '11.
Approved for this offer.

I interpreted the T&C as, as long as you don't have an OPENED "similar product," and got the bonus, you are eligible.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by blackmamba
They post pretty fast. This is AMEX and not some other terrible credit card provider.
True. I only have 1 AMEX card (the Costco one), but I thought maybe Delta would be the one taking forever.

I'm going to message you about SPG
Old Sep 16, 2012, 7:17 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by nigelloring
Thank you for your first post! I very much enjoyed reading it.
I applied on line for me and my wife and my son and we did not get any emial I followed your link to check the status on American Express and Bingo all three cards have been approve, can't thank you all for this great deal I will have almost enough for three free tickets to Asia next year.
Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2012, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by cdrwf150
What's the spend like on that offer?
It didn't say. It just says, "earn up to 72,500 bonus miles. plus $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95." When I clicked on apply now, it just sends me to the application page without any more info about the qualifying purchases needed to secure the miles.

Last edited by lusity; Sep 16, 2012 at 7:32 pm
Old Sep 16, 2012, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by lusity
It didn't say. It just says, "earn up to 72,500 bonus miles. plus $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95." When I clicked on apply now, it just sends me to the application page without any more info about the qualifying purchases needed to secure the miles.
Interesting. On my wife's offer it says up to 52k without a spending requirement but when I click on the cross looking asterisk it says $10k to get all of the points.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie
Yes, it is for the Plantinum card.
thanks for the confirmation - seems like a good way to earn some status
Old Sep 16, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I wonder if AMEX would match the 72,500 offer. That would be good.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by lusity
I have the same offer. When I click on the superscript, it clarifies that it is 25K miles after first purchase, 50K miles with $10K spend in 6 months and 2.5K miles for adding an authorized user. Oddly enough this adds up to 77.5K and not 72.5K as the offer originally states.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by aresay
I have the same offer. When I click on the superscript, it clarifies that it is 25K miles after first purchase, 50K miles with $10K spend in 6 months and 2.5K miles for adding an authorized user. Oddly enough this adds up to 77.5K and not 72.5K as the offer originally states.
Yeah that's what I figured. $10k spend is much harder to meet in 6 months (especially if one gets two of these cards along with the 2x2 AA cards with $3k spends of their own to meet).
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by sanrivera
Thanks for the tip, fr33b12!!

Approved! (I also confirmed that the signup offer passed over correctly.)

What an awesome signup!! One of the best I've seen.

To help everyone else, here is the link:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...ber=1234567890

Just change first name, last name and enter your skymiles account number! (Thanks to kalametty for the tip! It worked great!) I als recommend using Firefox as I was having issues with Internet Explorer.

My first post, btw. Thanks for the great info!

Do you have to make the Delta purchase to get the miles or just to get the $100 statement credit ?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:21 am

I tried every blogger's link as well as FFT and I cannot type my first name in the box. Also, there is no place to add your delta skymiles on the application form???

I cancelled my Delta Gold a month ago. Am I good for the offer?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by metoo
I tried every blogger's link as well as FFT and I cannot type my first name in the box. Also, there is no place to add your delta skymiles on the application form???

No.

EDIT: Since no one seems to report getting a bonus a month after cancelling a card from Chase/Citi/AmEx, conventional wisdom seems to hold that you must wait at least 12 months (yes, more in some cases). However, I notice a trend of people consistently asking if they can get the bonus even though they had same product x months ago. If you really want to know, try it out. But history says "no." BTW, look at my post count and join date. I clearly shouldn't be taken as an authority on the matter.

Last edited by 8fingeredflyer; Sep 17, 2012 at 8:28 am Reason: using more words
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by metoo

Originally Posted by 8fingeredflyer
No.
Do you know for sure about "no"? If you are not, then you are misguiding the people.

Here are T&C of this offer. The way I read it, you can't get the welcome bonus of 25K miles if you have any other Delta card. You can still get $45K spend bonus, and $100 credit. It does not say anywhere that you can't get the bonus if you had this card in last 12 months.

"1 25,000 bonus miles will be awarded after your first purchase on the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card. Please allow 2-4 weeks after your first purchase for the bonus miles to appear in your Delta SkyMiles account. First purchase offer expires one year from time of Card account opening. You may be permitted to have more than one Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account; however, you are eligible to receive welcome bonus miles for only one Card account. Offer not available to existing Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers upgrading to another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card.
2 $5,000 or more in qualifying purchases on the Card must be completed within 6 months to be awarded the 45,000 bonus miles. The 6 month period is evaluated from the date the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is issued to the date ending 6 months thereafter. Miles will be credited to your account 2-4 weeks after you reach the spend threshold.
3 Cardmember must charge a Delta purchase to their Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card within the first three months of Cardmembership. One $100 statement credit will be issued for the first Delta purchase made with the Card. Purchase must be made directly through Delta. Credit issued as a Cardmember statement credit approximately 8-12 weeks after your first Delta purchase. To receive statement credit, account must be in good standing and not in default."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.