Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:50 pm

So did anyone try purchasing miles to see if that triggers credit? I bought a few thousand Delta miles back in march on a Chase card an it came up as: DELTA AIR 0060145944237. That's what I would prefer to charge so I may just go for it.

Also, Amazon payments is a go on Amex, $1,000 limit per month, don't send it back and forth to yourself, etc., yes?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 2:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pdxp2b
So did anyone try purchasing miles to see if that triggers credit? I bought a few thousand Delta miles back in march on a Chase card an it came up as: DELTA AIR 0060145944237. That's what I would prefer to charge so I may just go for it.

Also, Amazon payments is a go on Amex, $1,000 limit per month, don't send it back and forth to yourself, etc., yes?
buying miles should not count. the charge goes through points.com not delta.com....but if you want to try it, by all means go for it.

Please read the Amazon Payments thread for more info but basically yes.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by philemer
Not too many options other than flts.

I was told, when I called to activate my card, that it had to be a flt. or a purchase on the flt. (food or drink).

The rep. also said I would get 25K with first purchase & another 45K after spending $5K.
They'll be telling you that the Platinum airline fee reimbursement doesn't work for gift cards next...
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Wow this is the best Delta offer in a long time! Can anyone else targeted confirm if they had the same URL? Or if they received a target offer since? I wonder if the one FT posted URL is dead but they are still providing targeted offers.

Dead URL:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...ber=1234567890
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:21 pm

Am I the first one that has received the $100 credit statement AND the 25,000 miles?

Data point: I made a delta reservation before I applied for this card, so after receiving the card the first thing I did was to spend $19 to upgrade my seat, which posted on my account as "Delta Airlines" purchase of course. Three days later, I got the $100 and the miles.
Good luck everyone, and a big thank you to those who helped us take advantage of this fantastic offer.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 1:28 pm

Received my 70,000 point card in the mail today

Between FlyerTalk and other sights, today I received and confirmed with a live operator the 70,000 points and $100 credit. Thank you all for your specific advice.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 3:20 pm

Just got the card today and activated it. Are you guys who got it verified calling Delta or American Express? I want to make sure I got the 70,000 miles and $100 statement credit as well.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by JustineG
Just got the card today and activated it. Are you guys who got it verified calling Delta or American Express? I want to make sure I got the 70,000 miles and $100 statement credit as well.
I called American Express to activate the card, and then asked the CSR to confirm the card bonus.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by ufris
I called American Express to activate the card, and then asked the CSR to confirm the card bonus.
Okay! Will do that. Thanks

Just called American Express and confirmed. I got the 70,000 miles and the $100 statement credit. They told me I get 25,000 miles with my first purchase with the card, and the remaining 45,000 miles by spending $5000 within 6 months from the time I opened the account (not when the account was activated). According to Larry from Fort Lauderdale (the CSR LOL) the $100 statement credit has to be spent on Delta's website for a ticket within 3 months. I'm probably going to Hawaii (used to live there) in June so I will just buy it a bit earlier than planned for the $100 bringing a $400 apx. flight down to $300.

A cool thing about this card too is that on the anniversary of this card you get that companion certificate for someone on the same flight with you for $99. Only good in the continental U.S. Probably wouldn't use this as I usually fly alone, but you never know.

Last edited by JustineG; Sep 22, 2012 at 3:46 pm
Old Sep 22, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
That companion pass thing is absolutely useless. It has so many requirements that you might as well not use it.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by blackmamba
That companion pass thing is absolutely useless. It has so many requirements that you might as well not use it.
Used correctly, it can save hundreds of dollars. May be it doesn't work for your itinerary but it is definitely useful in many cases. So pls be careful before u generalize. As always YMMV!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: Many
My card came in the mail today. The actual card had only my last name on it, not my first. Remembering the website glitch, I called Amex. They said they'll send out a replacement card with both names on it expedited so I'll get it Monday. She confirmed the 70k miles as given in the offer and the $100 statement credit with a Delta purchase. I do have an active no-fee Delta Amex card that I hang onto just to help the average age of my credit cards, but evidently that doesn't prevent acceptance for this one. The deal looks great, and thanks to those who brought it to our attention.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by kvs25
seems to work

Select to load your Pending Charges
You have 1 item
Date Description Amount $
Thursday, September 20 DELTA AIRLINES 1 dollars and.00 Cents
I bought something from the museum store and the charge was indeed from DELTA AIRLINES but coded as CHARITY. We will see if it works.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by pdxp2b
In August I transferred miles with the special offer and this was posted in the same manner: TRANSACTION DESCRIPTION DELTA AIRLINES ATLANTA - category: Travel-Airline.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 6:32 am

I hope that this deal will come around again so I can canpitalize on it. Incidentally, does anyone have knowledge of retention offers having been made to those calling in to cancel Delta Gold AmEx cards? Does AmEx do that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.