Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
The star of the plate was the spicy hummus; it was exceptional in flavor, and it had a surprising kick of heat.
I was wondering what the mysterious soylent green was when I had it on a similar AA F lunch recently. Now I know. FWIW, your salad looks better than the one I was served on RIC-DFW. More chicken than I received.

I had excellent service, and I'm fairly certain that the flight attendant gave me a triple when I asked for a bourbon on the rocks. The glass was filled all the way to the top.
I was recently given a triple of Woodford without asking. One mini poured in my glass and two unopened mini bottles for later.

With AA's newfound bourbon generosity (if it's under 18 characters I might name a horse Bourbon Generosity), are flights running out of Woodford? Seems they often used to run out of Glenlivet when it was stocked. Or has AA increased bourbon provisioning? Might be time to buy stock in Brown-Forman...
apeortdz and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Excellent JFK-LAX F experience over the holiday. A+ all around. FFD food was fantastic (best steak I had in a long time), service was very good, but a little unpolished (kept forgetting to refill water, even though place was empty.) Onboard service was also outstanding (I wrote in about her), and food was great. I can see why they use the tray in F, given only one FA basically does everything in F, with occasional help from a J FA. While I loathe the tray, I can't see how one FA can do the service without it, as it would take forever. I skipped the sundae as I was too stuffed.

Dining menu

Drinks menu (they made me an awesome non-alcoholic version of the lemonade)

Cornbread good, but a little crumbly

Crab croquettes

Mushroom ravioli (the sauce was more of a broth, which tasted great, but caused the innards of the ravioli to leak out once cut and made the parmesan crispy soggy)

Perfect steak and fries

Dessert menu

This was beautiful, although the underlying cake was a bit dry, not that it mattered since the ice cream and sauce made up for it

Onboard menu

Onboard menu

Onboard wine list

Good nut combo, high number of pistachios, paltry olive offering, I miss the marinated cheese antipasto

Excellent seared tuna

Decent salad, special dressing not offered, but I didn't ask

Close up

Three or four warmed bread options, also appreciate the whipped butter

Tortilla soup, very good

Orecchiette with Bolognese sauce, great flavor, some of the pasta stuck together a bit

When mixed up, not pretty, but excellent
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Pics look good. I'm amazed you can eat all that food!
orbitmic, roadtriper and ryanbriar like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
Pics look good. I'm amazed you can eat all that food!
I really couldn't, but I was still so stuffed. I tapped out at the sundae offer!
enviroian and ryanbriar like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Excellent JFK-LAX F experience over the holiday. A+ all around. FFD food was fantastic (best steak I had in a long time), service was very good, but a little unpolished (kept forgetting to refill water, even though place was empty.) Onboard service was also outstanding (I wrote in about her), and food was great. I can see why they use the tray in F, given only one FA basically does everything in F, with occasional help from a J FA. While I loathe the tray, I can't see how one FA can do the service without it, as it would take forever. I skipped the sundae as I was too stuffed.
Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad to hear you had a good experience at FFD. I purchased one of the $899 F fares from JFK-LAX at the end of August since that's an extremely good price for this route, and this has only gotten me more excited for that trip. I had a phenomenal experience back in January, but I'm looking forward to trying the new menu.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP AY+ Plat UA Silver Marriott Titanium
Great trip report, thanks! . I am on the same itinerary (and menus) tomorrow. First time back in FFD in a few months too. The Orecchiette looks identical to what they are currently serving (made to order station) at ORD's Flagship Lounge between 3-6pm.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Looks like it was great, and the flight timing ending up working out well since you had a couple to choose from!

I agree that if there’s a full F cabin and limited help, it would be a several hour affair. That said, most FAs seem to want to work around the tray situation provide great service (in my opinion at least).
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Looks like it was great, and the flight timing ending up working out well since you had a couple to choose from!

I agree that if there’s a full F cabin and limited help, it would be a several hour affair. That said, most FAs seem to want to work around the tray situation provide great service (in my opinion at least).
I basically took the items off the tray that I wanted to, and just left my main plate and salad plate on it. There's nothing that says one needs to leave everything cramped on it.

At the end of the day, I got lucky with a fantastic FA.
ryanbriar and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Thanks for sharing the pics and comments, BlooJoo.
BlooJoo likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
AA475 / LAX-ORD / 2002-07-01

Breakfast, choices were the "swiss cheese and roasted tomato omelet" and the "fresh fruit bowl". Preselected the omelet--not bad. Different potatoes than the photo in post #1164.

Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
AA374 / ORD-LAX / 2002-07-05

Warm nuts to start.

Dinner, choices were "lasagna with cauliflower bolognese" and "short rib bourguignon". Preselected the beef. Looks basically the same as post #1148 that I just saw.

Salted caramel ice cream or fruit and cheese for dessert. Chose the latter, and it was fine, although the crackers were completely destroyed in the bag.

BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I really couldn't, but I was still so stuffed. I tapped out at the sundae offer!
I remember doing EU-LHR-JFK-SFO in F once pre-covid, and after eating on BA CE, LHR CX lounge, AA TATL F, & JFK FFD, I was so stuffed I couldn’t eat anything at all on the transcon.
ryanbriar and BlooJoo like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I've been wanting both that goat cheese app & the ginger toffee cake and never get either. I keep getting the beet timbale thing (disgusting) and the butter cake which really isnt anything special.

Did you try the toffee cake? I am guessing no since you had so much other food. What about the goat cheese app did you happen to see it?

I basically took the items off the tray that I wanted to, and just left my main plate and salad plate on it. There's nothing that says one needs to leave everything cramped on it.

At the end of the day, I got lucky with a fantastic FA.
I wrote in recently on the FA for FF on the 321 from JFK. Her name was Krisi, she was amazing. Nice to write in with a positive to AA for a change.

I do think the A321 FA's for F are trained a little special or at least realize the premium nature of the route. On the LAX/MIA 77 in FF there is no feeling of this.

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad to hear you had a good experience at FFD. I purchased one of the $899 F fares from JFK-LAX at the end of August since that's an extremely good price for this route, and this has only gotten me more excited for that trip. I had a phenomenal experience back in January, but I'm looking forward to trying the new menu.
I dont get all the love for FFD but it makes me want to go give them yet another chance. Last time was so bad with them not getting food out on time at JFK and people leaving to catch flights. Kitchen was a mess that night but time before that out of the good stuff behind the bar. The corn bread is horrible I think. I dont eat red meat so I cant have the burger that many say is great but I just dont get it. There is so much potential there but it fails every time for me. But I will go again this week and try the ravioli. I ordered it 2 months ago and had to leave after 50 min waiting for it on this night of chaos they were having.

Last edited by Microwave; Jul 7, 2022 at 10:27 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts for readability
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I've been wanting both that goat cheese app & the ginger toffee cake and never get either. I keep getting the beet timbale thing (disgusting) and the butter cake which really isnt anything special.

Did you try the toffee cake? I am guessing no since you had so much other food. What about the goat cheese app did you happen to see it?
The goat cheese app looks good (there was another pic on here or the intl thread.) But I needed something lighter after gorging myself all day LOL. I didn't have dessert. I saw it in the galley (pre-prep) looked like a good thing.

I wrote in recently on the FA for FF on the 321 from JFK. Her name was Krisi, she was amazing. Nice to write in with a positive to AA for a change.

I do think the A321 FA's for F are trained a little special or at least realize the premium nature of the route. On the LAX/MIA 77 in FF there is no feeling of this.
She definitely knew it was a premium route. To quote her: "We know this is a special cabin in a special route, and we want to do everything we can to keep it that way, since you guys do so much for us." It was very sweet.

I dont get all the love for FFD but it makes me want to go give them yet another chance. Last time was so bad with them not getting food out on time at JFK and people leaving to catch flights. Kitchen was a mess that night but time before that out of the good stuff behind the bar. The corn bread is horrible I think. I dont eat red meat so I cant have the burger that many say is great but I just dont get it. There is so much potential there but it fails every time for me. But I will go again this week and try the ravioli. I ordered it 2 months ago and had to leave after 50 min waiting for it on this night of chaos they were having.
It was slow, and I was the only one in there!!! I can see it being a problem when it's busy. I had tons of time to kill. Beware my comments on the ravioli. Great flavor, but odd combo with the broth. The crab croquettes were great (non-red meat), and the other items sounded appealing!

Last edited by Microwave; Jul 7, 2022 at 10:27 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts for readability
Old Jul 6, 2022, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
It was slow, and I was the only one in there!!! I can see it being a problem when it's busy. I had tons of time to kill. Beware my comments on the ravioli. Great flavor, but odd combo with the broth. The crab croquettes were great (non-red meat), and the other items sounded appealing!
The broth could be interesting , I like the concept. Def will try it. Hoping they have 1942 in stock this time.

The goat cheese app looks good (there was another pic on here or the intl thread.) But I needed something lighter after gorging myself all day LOL. I didn't have dessert. I saw it in the galley (pre-prep) looked like a good thing.
I'll keep hoping I get either of them as goat cheese is my fav. cheese & I love a good ginger toffee cake.

Flying VS this weekend for first time ever and so excited to compare their food onboard to AA as well as their Clubhouse offerings to FFD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.