Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by davesam12
Sorry forgot to add descriptions to DFW-HNL meal pics. Garden salad with a sun dried tomato on farro. Entree was short rib, ginger polenta, kale, and Hoisin sauce. ice cream sundaes or cheese plate for dessert. And pre arrival wrap sandwich or cheese and fruit.
Did you notice what premium economy behind business was given on dfw-hnl?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
June 9
EWR-DFW
Asian Vegetarian Dinner

I was hoping for the hot meal pictured above, but got this cold version. So it was a disappointing for that reason but was otherwise pretty good. Pita was a bit dry but everything else was fresh. The sweet was particularly good. And I appreciated the oil+balsamic vinegar dressing instead of the ubiquitous ranch.

The rest of the service was a mess: no PDBs, no hot towels, no mixed nuts, and drink glasses sat empty for most of the flight.

mika911 and hp12c like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
DFW-MEX - Breakfast

More covered meals for HYGIENE SAFETY. Food and service pretty decent, despite the extra HYGIENE SAFETY. Other option was Fruit Plate, which was a larger fruit plate. Little triangle was a lemon scone as far as I could tell.

cmd320 likes this.

Last edited by BlooJoo; Jun 11, 2022 at 9:44 am
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Stripe
June 9
EWR-DFW
Asian Vegetarian Dinner

I was hoping for the hot meal pictured above, but got this cold version. So it was a disappointing for that reason but was otherwise pretty good. Pita was a bit dry but everything else was fresh. The sweet was particularly good. And I appreciated the oil+balsamic vinegar dressing instead of the ubiquitous ranch.

The rest of the service was a mess: no PDBs, no hot towels, no mixed nuts, and drink glasses sat empty for most of the flight.

Could they have served this instead of the above hot meal due to your ordering an Asian veg meal while the meal above was a Hindu meal? I have an LGA-DFW flight coming up and was thinking of ordering an asian veg or Hindu meal, but now, not so much
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fender5787
Could they have served this instead of the above hot meal due to your ordering an Asian veg meal while the meal above was a Hindu meal? I have an LGA-DFW flight coming up and was thinking of ordering an asian veg or Hindu meal, but now, not so much
IME the Hindu and Asian Veg are the same meal
wrp96, cmd320, fender5787 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by ceebee100
IND-MIA this morning. Breakfast was the ham and cheese or fruit plate. I had preordered the ham and cheese foolishly hoping it would be something hot/ warm. Au contraire! The sandwich was almost frozen, it was so hard and cold! The bottom was also soggy.
Most everyone who ordered it left it uneaten!
Needless to say I could smell the hot breakfast cooking for the crew (including FAs) while the pax had to endure another uninspiring FC meal.

I just don’t think it’s right for crew to be getting hot meals while the passengers who pay the salaries are left to choke down cold disgusting sandwiches! But that’s just my opinion.

Ham and cheese

Ham and cheese

I have these same awful options on an upcoming LAX-DFW flight. Thanks to those who posted photos of the cold sandwich and skinny fruit plate. Does anyone happen to know what may be the diabetic special meal breakfast? Is that more substantial or likely to be the sandwich (I imagine the fruit would be classified as too high in sugar?).
hp12c likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Does this make sense as a domestic menu? The last time I had a four item menu to choose from on a mid-haul the pre-order was not catered, there was no record on the manifest, the actual choices on board were not those available online, and the FA insisted that there are never 4 choices on domestic flights and that I must have been imagining it. Also there is no option here for any of the dietary meals.

cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:56 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Sunday June 12, 2023
Scheduled Departure time 0845 (left an hour late)
PHX-MCO

Pre departure was a choice of orange juice or water in a plastic cup.

Swiss Cheese and Roasted Tomato Omelet
hollandaise, seasoned potatoes and Italian chicken sausage

Limited to a single can of soda (in a plastic cup).

Nothing else offered (no snack basket or cookies... nothing).

As you can see, no sausage, no hollandaise, and no tomato. There were some bell peppers in it.. and it was rather spicy.

Last edited by SpaceCoastBill; Jun 12, 2022 at 4:02 pm
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by SpaceCoastBill
Sunday June 12, 2023
Scheduled Departure time 0845 (left an hour late)
PHX-MCO

Pre departure was a choice of orange juice or water in a plastic cup.

Swiss Cheese and Roasted Tomato Omelet
hollandaise, seasoned potatoes and Italian chicken sausage

Limited to a single can of soda (in a plastic cup).

Nothing else offered (no snack basket or cookies... nothing).

As you can see, no sausage, no hollandaise, and no tomato. There were some bell peppers in it.. and it was rather spicy.
I could only dream of getting the omelet without the sausage. That's amazing. Sorry if you were counting on it.

WHY would they limit the soda?
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
MEX-LAX

I finally got this, it does exist! It was absolutely excellent. That’s duck alongside the salad as an app. I don’t like duck, but it looked fancy. Dessert served separately. Two bread options, warmed. Butter was soft. Still having a ramekin shortage out of MEX thought. Got nuts in the metal little cups.

Service was … fine. Not super friendly, but not rude either.

Roasted Sea Bass
Recado rojo Yucatán-style sauce, sautéed spinach, tomato, quinoa with shiitake mushroom and onion

Last edited by BlooJoo; Jun 13, 2022 at 1:09 am
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:03 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by mika911
I could only dream of getting the omelet without the sausage. That's amazing. Sorry if you were counting on it.

WHY would they limit the soda?
It was literally all they had catered. I dont think Coach got any.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:54 pm

Is AA serving sundaes on the longer non premium transcons? Specifically PHL-LAS dinner? I have a choice of connecting in ORD or PHL both dinner. Both same kodiak First seats. Thinking PHL has a better dessert? The meal is the exact same options. Exactly the same pre order menu. I know it sounds lame but i really enjoy a sundae on a plane, it just reminds me of old times flying
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Looks to me like any US based AA station could learn a lot from Mexico City's catering .....
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by lunchtime
Is AA serving sundaes on the longer non premium transcons? Specifically PHL-LAS dinner? I have a choice of connecting in ORD or PHL both dinner. Both same kodiak First seats. Thinking PHL has a better dessert? The meal is the exact same options. Exactly the same pre order menu. I know it sounds lame but i really enjoy a sundae on a plane, it just reminds me of old times flying
They were served on BOS-PHX which is a 2-class configuration. (I guess that's what you mean by non-premium.)
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA

Far from the first to post this salmon plate, IAH to ORD 6:30am departure. Full PDB and great service by the cabin crew.

This flight was followed by a visit to the Flagship Lounge, which had an exceptional breakfast setup.
Segments and BWISkyGuy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.