Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Has anybody here tried (recently) to access T3 airside at ORD with a BA boarding pass (T5)? I know the airside transfer bus isn't running (I'll have to clear security again) and the BA lounge in T5 is open again, but will have some time to kill and was hoping to visit Flagship. Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Has anybody here tried (recently) to access T3 airside at ORD with a BA boarding pass (T5)? I know the airside transfer bus isn't running (I'll have to clear security again) and the BA lounge in T5 is open again, but will have some time to kill and was hoping to visit Flagship. Thanks!
Yes you can visit any of the terminals at ORD with a same day boarding pass for any terminal at ORD.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
I’m currently posted up at the JFK FL and it feels more overrun than normal (I usually pass through post 8 pm). Granted it’s a Friday evening and the TATL bank, but no plates (other than coffee saucers), napkins and most of the food trays are emptied. Curious if this is the norm ahead of the TATL flights. At least there are ~25 bottles of Piper on “ice”
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
I’m currently posted up at the JFK FL and it feels more overrun than normal (I usually pass through post 8 pm). Granted it’s a Friday evening and the TATL bank, but no plates (other than coffee saucers), napkins and most of the food trays are emptied. Curious if this is the norm ahead of the TATL flights. At least there are ~25 bottles of Piper on “ice”
Have found that FL to be declining of late, including the FFD experience. Enjoy FL MiA the most for its space and diff areas that it offers, including a few day beds which JFK seems to have none of. Also think JFK FL has the laziest and least friendly workers, as far as those stocking & cleaning plates, cups, etc...
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:54 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Have found that FL to be declining of late, including the FFD experience.
Agree with this. I wasn’t sure if I’d become snobbier or what, but I was unimpressed during my last visit to JFK FL a week ago. While it wasn’t crowded it just felt a little rundown and not super elevated the way it felt years ago when they’d more recently opened. Part of it is certainly that design trends change so rapidly that the interior design just feels dated now. But also there was just a bunch of wear and tear, and it didn’t seem like anyone was particularly concerned with keeping it looking fresh. Plus the food sucked.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c
Agree with this. I wasn’t sure if I’d become snobbier or what, but I was unimpressed during my last visit to JFK FL a week ago. While it wasn’t crowded it just felt a little rundown and not super elevated the way it felt years ago when they’d more recently opened. Part of it is certainly that design trends change so rapidly that the interior design just feels dated now. But also there was just a bunch of wear and tear, and it didn’t seem like anyone was particularly concerned with keeping it looking fresh. Plus the food sucked.
Agree on all that and especially the food. However not sure that I've had anything really good at any FL. Sometimes MIA has some decent items. It was better when the Bridge section was open too, that may have something with the feel of it being different. Just dont get why not a single day bed chair and also such a Huge quiet room that is hardly used but only 2 little tiny TV areas that arent even private.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
I was through the FL in MIA earlier this week. I was entitled to FFD but it wasn't opening till 1:00pm (my flight time to LAX was 11:15am). I had not been in a FL since pre-pandemic. I was nonplussed with the whole experience. The buffet offerings looked abysmal. The scrambled eggs appeared as if they had been in the buffet for four hours. The bacon was sitting in inch-deep grease in the pan. Everything had a cheap cheap cheap feel to it. There was an omelet station but no-one actually there cooking omelets...so useless. Lots of staff milling around not doing much of anything. Frankly I was shocked at how low the food quality had fallen. This FL visit had no "premium" feel to it at all.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I'd say the food has gone further downhill even since the re-opening last year. I remember a couple items from the buffet that weren't bad then. I haven't really cared for any of the warm items at the buffet during my visits over the past several months.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by econ
I'd say the food has gone further downhill even since the re-opening last year. I remember a couple items from the buffet that weren't bad then. I haven't really cared for any of the warm items at the buffet during my visits over the past several months.
Warm is being kind.. I know you didnt mean it like that but the hot items are barely warm when I try them.
Seat 1F likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Seat 1F
I was through the FL in MIA earlier this week. I was entitled to FFD but it wasn't opening till 1:00pm (my flight time to LAX was 11:15am). I had not been in a FL since pre-pandemic. I was nonplussed with the whole experience. The buffet offerings looked abysmal. The scrambled eggs appeared as if they had been in the buffet for four hours. The bacon was sitting in inch-deep grease in the pan. Everything had a cheap cheap cheap feel to it. There was an omelet station but no-one actually there cooking omelets...so useless. Lots of staff milling around not doing much of anything. Frankly I was shocked at how low the food quality had fallen. This FL visit had no "premium" feel to it at all.
Exactly how I feel about FL food. The write ups are typically good and def some things I'd normally be excited about but they fail epically when you eat them. Maybe was better pre pandemic. I recall seeing most comments on here being positive and thinking FL food was good to great. I've never experienced that.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
My last visit about a month ago was nice. It was busy but the food was restocked often. And the food area had staff to keep it clean behind all of us pigs. The only thing that was disappointing was the small, yet fantastic deli danish kept running out faster than I could keep loading up. In SoCal here is a fantastic Jewish deli, Kaplans, and the deli danish that they had in the FL were pretty close to the Kaplans little pieces of heaven. Most of my time in a FL is in DFW. So maybe I caught JFK on a good afternoon?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Passed through the DFW FL last week. Wasn't impressed with their glassware washing. Seemed like each one I picked up had unsightly soap or water stains.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:16 am

Also passed thru DFW FL last week. Didn't notice the stained glassware but I thought the food was pretty bad.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
DFW is by far the worst FFD.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
DFW is by far the worst FFD.
Making me feel real good about paying $500 to upgrade to first for an upcoming DFW-LHR flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.