Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I've used it in the past (2x) and it worked very well. Unfortunately the Android app is giving me an "Error, Failed to Fetch" when trying to upload a .jpg of my vaccination card this time. Their CS asked me to delete my account, uninstall and reinstall their app - but nothing works. Darn.
Screenshot your CDC card with the device rotated, clip it in Google Photos to remove aything from the device (e.g. battery bar, signal meter, etc) and try to upload SELECTING it in Google photos. Don't use a 3rd party file picker in Android. Noticed this with some Android apps that some file picker and files in other folders do NOT always upload and get the same error.

Also depending on your device, go to setting for Verfly (Android App Info) and ensure permission has "File and Media"
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by LlamaJesus
First time attempting to use Verifly. Submitted my vaccination card for manual approval around 9am Monday morning and still nothing. My trip isn't for another week and a half so I have some time, but a bit annoying. Starting to feel like it'll never get approved, then 2 days before the trip I'll just delete it and restart the process and it'll get approved in an hour or two.

Also, once the vaccination card is approved once, do they need to manually approve it for every trip? For my trip back to the US, it looks like I can't even submit the card for approval until I complete the passenger attestation, which I (understandably) can't do until 3 days before the flight. So if we're looking at a similar timeframe for approval then, I may as well not bother.
Following up on this, it appears the app glitched in my case. I never got a notification, email, etc. telling me that my vaccine card was approved, and clicking on it in the app just told me it was pending. However, when I went to the notifications part of the app, it told me that my vaccination card was approved like an hour or two after I submitted it. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone, redoing the process, and the vaccine card was properly approved within a few hours. Guessing that the app wouldn't have worked for me had I not reinstalled it since it didn't think my vaccine card was approved, so glad I got it taken care of (even though it's not really necessary).
Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
VeriFlop indeed.

For trip to BCN, Verifly couldn't handle middle name and was unable to verify either my Swiss or CA digital vaccination cert. Manual verification finally worked and I was able to check-in after validating Spanish Health cert. VeriFlop was totally unable to verify GF's vaccination status, however, first due to the same middle name issue and then manual verification failed because Verifly cs claimed her name wasn't clear on the uploaded image of her digital Swiss certificate (utter nonsense, as it's printed in huge block type).

None of this mattered at all because check-in agent at SFO insisted on seeing all documents, including paper vax certs, despite fact I was already fully verified and checked-in with BPs.

Utterly worthless exercise.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Screenshot your CDC card with the device rotated, clip it in Google Photos to remove aything from the device (e.g. battery bar, signal meter, etc) and try to upload SELECTING it in Google photos. Don't use a 3rd party file picker in Android. Noticed this with some Android apps that some file picker and files in other folders do NOT always upload and get the same error.

Also depending on your device, go to setting for Verfly (Android App Info) and ensure permission has "File and Media"
Yes, I actually did something similar and it worked. I took a screenshot of my photo of my CDC card and it worked. The Verifly Android app wouldn't accept the .jpg upload via the file "picker". However using the file "picker" it allowed my .png screenshot to go through (didn't have to worry about battery bar stuff, etc.).
NickP 1K likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Five Star
I started our VeriFLY applications last week for our trip to France. On 12 Feb France changed the rules and COVID test is not necessary. However, VeriFLY is still asking for COVID Tests. Do they update these or would I have to start all over?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by indiahoosier
I started our VeriFLY applications last week for our trip to France. On 12 Feb France changed the rules and COVID test is not necessary. However, VeriFLY is still asking for COVID Tests. Do they update these or would I have to start all over?
My experience back when the US changed the requirements from 3 days vaxxed/1 day unvaxxed to 1 day for everyone, I had to delete trips and start over.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Thank you!
Yes, after I used UTC, the COViD testing results were verified. I used local times, which gave me the trouble when I manually input the result. However, I still do not understand why VeriFLY cannot accept eMed’s QR code.
FWIW, I converted the time from my eMed test results into local time and reported them that way -- but the UTC time was n the same day. The results were accepted the first time I uploaded them.

My wife's test has a UTC date of 00:59 tomorrow. It wouldn't let me use tomorrow's date, so I put in today's date and 00:59 for the test time. It worked too.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Feb 14, 2022 at 7:30 pm
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:51 pm

VeriFLY

Traveling to the Bahamas and the process to put it nicely is inept. Our family has taken multiple home COVID test and uploaded to VeriFLY app. We keep getting rejected with no information on why or how to resolve. AA tech support said it VeriFLY was a Federal mandate to fly (right), received one email from VeriFLY support and if you call the Fairfax office it rolls to some guy’s voicemail. So I have a ticket that will fly me to my destination, a passport from that country to let me in, but cannot check in for my flight. Oh and AA will do a COVID test for $119 when you can get them free from every local town. No worries our flight is in 12 hrs and 9 minutes
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Ackbulldog
Traveling to the Bahamas and the process to put it nicely is inept. Our family has taken multiple home COVID test and uploaded to VeriFLY app. We keep getting rejected with no information on why or how to resolve. AA tech support said it VeriFLY was a Federal mandate to fly (right), received one email from VeriFLY support and if you call the Fairfax office it rolls to some guy’s voicemail. So I have a ticket that will fly me to my destination, a passport from that country to let me in, but cannot check in for my flight. Oh and AA will do a COVID test for $119 when you can get them free from every local town. No worries our flight is in 12 hrs and 9 minutes
Are you sure the at-home test will work? The only at-home tests that are valid for travel (as far as I'm aware) are the proctored ones. So that is the first thing I would check.

Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
That was my thought that the OP was using the wrong sort of test.

Which is not the fault of AA or verifly.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:08 pm

Major gap in that there is ZERO direction. The family we are traveling with used a different at home test and had no issues. This has only taken 9 hours to work on
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
What sort of home test did they use and what sort did you use?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:45 pm

Good question. We used QuickVue and they used CareStart. They ask you to put your name, DOB and time of text on the picture. Did that for QuickVue in the picture we sent. CareStart had an app that generates you a credit card or passport. There just needs to be a better process or if AA is going to roll it out needs to do better customer focus groups and provide information. Could not imagine if someone who has a paper ticket was trying to navigate the process
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Just a data point,

VeriFly accepted my Portuguese language Brazilian drugstore Antigen test today, no problems. Took two hours.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL GM, Avis First, Sixt Plat
Verifly vs. 24h from embarkation

Hi everyone,

My mother is flying to Brazil tomorrow, connecting through JFK. She got her negative test today, less than 24h from the first flight, but more than 24h from the international leg. Is there any way of adding that flight so Verifly works? It only let me add the international leg but not the first flight.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.