Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rayfes
I've run into this exact same thing and had to wait to submit my test. Annoying. OTOH one time I was able to do my test slightly more than a day ahead of time because it was already the next day in UTC time.
I resubmitted after initial rejection and indicated no test time in the app. It was accepted 2.5 hours later; half an hour after I’ve already successfully checked in at the airport.
rayfes likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Based on my experience, this is an easy fix. The time zone on the report MUST MATCH the time zone to which your phone is set. So go into Time Settings and manually force your phone to UTC (i.e. London) time. Make sure you're off automatic time zone detection, obviously. Resubmit. Edit: UTC doesn't do daylight savings time, obviously, and so for half the year you'd have to adjust for that, too.
rayfes likes this.

Last edited by FallenPlat; Mar 7, 2022 at 5:26 pm
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:36 am

On our return trip from Europe we got both passengers verified in the app, but only one passenger synced with AA's website, even after 12+ hours. Therefore we couldn't check in on the app or via phone or chat. I was frustrated that CS couldn't do anything, and worried that we'd have to show up to the airport even earlier. Then the next morning it miraculously synced both of us and we got to skip the checkin line. Overall this service is great when it works.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm flying AA MCI-ORD-LHR and then BA LHR-ATH.

Verifly is requiring me to have a UK passenger locator form, while the UK's government website suggests I don't need to have one. But still, I went through the PLF process and got a QR code....but now Verifly is asking me to certify that I have a negative covid test, whereas the UK website makes it appear that I can transit with just a vaccination card.

We're US citizens, fully vaccinated and boosted with Pfizer/Moderna.

The Greece requirements are also completely unclear and in conflict, but I just want to at least figure out the UK first. Do we need negative covid tests just to transit LHR? We have no intention of leaving the airport unless required to do so to change terminals.
MorganB likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: Delta, AA
Test type not matching

Using eMed Binaxnow test. Test type is antigen. Response options for test type on the manual submission form initially didn’t appear to include “ antigen”. Tried again and this time antigen is listed as an option. Why make the user enter the test type or any other data element for that matter. The data is on the document. Verify the document’s authenticity by evaluating the veracity of the test provider’s credentials not some janky user challenge.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by pinniped
I'm flying AA MCI-ORD-LHR and then BA LHR-ATH.

Verifly is requiring me to have a UK passenger locator form, while the UK's government website suggests I don't need to have one. But still, I went through the PLF process and got a QR code....but now Verifly is asking me to certify that I have a negative covid test, whereas the UK website makes it appear that I can transit with just a vaccination card.

We're US citizens, fully vaccinated and boosted with Pfizer/Moderna.

The Greece requirements are also completely unclear and in conflict, but I just want to at least figure out the UK first. Do we need negative covid tests just to transit LHR? We have no intention of leaving the airport unless required to do so to change terminals.
The UK airside transit requirements are pretty clear, no negative test required if you're vax'd (or PLF) so it appears Verifly is doubly wrong here..

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...hrough-england

That said, has Verifly verified your vax status yet for this trip? I've found that for locations that require a vax cert or negative test, Verifly will still show a negative test requirement until they verify your vax status, at which point the negative test requirement will go away.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The UK airside transit requirements are pretty clear, no negative test required if you're vax'd (or PLF) so it appears Verifly is doubly wrong here..

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...hrough-england

That said, has Verifly verified your vax status yet for this trip? I've found that for locations that require a vax cert or negative test, Verifly will still show a negative test requirement until they verify your vax status, at which point the negative test requirement will go away.
Verifly has verified all of our vax cards.

One possible problem is that in Verifly, I can't set it as a trip to Greece. AA says I must use this app, but the only thing I can set it to is a trip to the UK. So maybe it thinks I definitely want to go landside?

If I recall correctly, you can either transit Heathrow landside on a train, or airside on a bus. We have 3+ hours to make our connection...we'll do whichever is simplest from a documentation/immigration perspective.

What if I never finish Verifly and just show up at the AA counter tomorrow with passports and vaccine cards in hand? I have completed a Greece PLF separately but there appears to be no way to integrate that with AA's app or Verifly.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinniped
One possible problem is that in Verifly, I can't set it as a trip to Greece. AA says I must use this app, but the only thing I can set it to is a trip to the UK. So maybe it thinks I definitely want to go landside?

If I recall correctly, you can either transit Heathrow landside on a train, or airside on a bus. We have 3+ hours to make our connection...we'll do whichever is simplest from a documentation/immigration perspective.

What if I never finish Verifly and just show up at the AA counter tomorrow with passports and vaccine cards in hand? I have completed a Greece PLF separately but there appears to be no way to integrate that with AA's app or Verifly.
Even if your final destination was the UK you still don't need a negative test if you're vax'd so it doesn't make sense why it's asking for that.

Also there is no requirement to use Verifly, it just makes it somewhat easier at check in as the agent just verifies your green check in the app as opposed to having to manually verify all the docs and vax certs.

But as long as you have all your vax certs and PLFs it won't matter at all if you don't complete everything in Verifly, I would maybe give yourself an extra 10 mins at check in just to be safe but other than that there's nothing to worry about.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:34 am

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Just had the worst experience with VeriFLY. Family was all set in VeriFLY with green checks yesterday and when got to the counter to catch flight to paris yesterday all my info had been lost. Not only that trip but even my account was totally gone. When I deleted and redownloaded the app it still would not work. Even when I put in my name and address it sent me a recovery email and when I clicked on it the only option was to set up a new account anew. It’s like it has no idea I even had an account.
I have used VeriFLY many times and this was completely out of the blue.

it took over 45 minutes to get us checked in and cleared standing off to side and having to crate an account and start all over with the normal Eu online pre clearances for all of us on a mobile device.

VeriFLY can let you down in the worst way when you are in the clutch. Just know that is a possibility.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Best solution on Verifly is to screenshot your Verifly pass. Unless the agents want to physically see you go through the process of opening the app...
Old Mar 11, 2022, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davecraze
it took over 45 minutes to get us checked in and cleared standing off to side and having to crate an account and start all over with the normal Eu online pre clearances for all of us on a mobile device.
Could the agent not have just manually verified everything as opposed to making you start over from scratch in Verifly?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Could the agent not have just manually verified everything as opposed to making you start over from scratch in Verifly?
could not start over in VeriFLY as it was to close to flight time. She did manually verify docs. The problem was we all had to registerto fill out wonky EU travel forms at the counter which were all avoided with the VeriFLY app.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Looks like UK trips with arrivals after 4am March 18th no longer need to use Verifly.

apeortdz likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this app.

I just returned to the US from Mexico. When I went to check in it directed me to upload my test result on aa.com. I did, and completed my OLCI with no issues.

Why do I need a separate app? This was my first international trip since covid... are there other situations where it's useful?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this app.

I just returned to the US from Mexico. When I went to check in it directed me to upload my test result on aa.com. I did, and completed my OLCI with no issues.

Why do I need a separate app? This was my first international trip since covid... are there other situations where it's useful?
AA needed a way to facilitate verification or COVID documents. We all know how efficient AA's IT department is, so we'd probably still be waiting for something completely integrated with AA app/website. When VeriFLY was first rolled out, there was zero integration with AA. You got a green pass, flashed it to the check-in agent at the airport, and it significantly decreased the time it took you to check in. No integration for OLCI. OLCI integration cam a few months later, and I'd wager the VeriFLY people did most of the heavy lifting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.