Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by GiantVulture
Hi everyone,

My mother is flying to Brazil tomorrow, connecting through JFK. She got her negative test today, less than 24h from the first flight, but more than 24h from the international leg. Is there any way of adding that flight so Verifly works? It only let me add the international leg but not the first flight.

Thanks!
For Brazil it has to be with in 72 hours not 24. I just did it a few days ago with no problems. The return to the US test has to be with in 24 hours.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by dls25
For Brazil it has to be with in 72 hours not 24. I just did it a few days ago with no problems. The return to the US test has to be with in 24 hours.
For traveling to the US the test just has to be one calendar day before departure, not necessarily 24hrs.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
For traveling to the US the test just has to be one calendar day before departure, not necessarily 24hrs.
True but in my experience good luck on getting a Brazilian check in agent to understand the difference.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Traveling internationally tomorrow (CLT-LHR) for the first time in two years. Downloaded the Verifly app, I have my green “ready to travel” check mark based on everything I submitted. I just checked in online at AA.com and have my mobile boarding pass as well.

My question is, do I need to do anything pre-security (i.e. go to an AA check-in desk) given that I’m cleared and have my boarding pass? No bags to check, so in the before times, I would’ve just shown up at the airport, bypassed the counter, and gone right through security. They would’ve done a “doc check” at the gate - is that the same here? Just show up, go through security, and then show my Verifly pass at the gate? Or do I still need to go to the check-in counter despite not having any luggage to check and already being checked-in with boarding pass in-hand?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by DCdeacon
Traveling internationally tomorrow (CLT-LHR) for the first time in two years. Downloaded the Verifly app, I have my green “ready to travel” check mark based on everything I submitted. I just checked in online at AA.com and have my mobile boarding pass as well.

My question is, do I need to do anything pre-security (i.e. go to an AA check-in desk) given that I’m cleared and have my boarding pass? No bags to check, so in the before times, I would’ve just shown up at the airport, bypassed the counter, and gone right through security. They would’ve done a “doc check” at the gate - is that the same here? Just show up, go through security, and then show my Verifly pass at the gate? Or do I still need to go to the check-in counter despite not having any luggage to check and already being checked-in with boarding pass in-hand?
You can do it at the gate. They will page you.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
PCR 72 h for USA-Brazil

Hi everyone,

My mother is flying to Brazil tomorrow, connecting through JFK. She got her negative test today, less than 24h from the first flight, but more than 24h from the international leg. Is there any way of adding that flight so Verifly works? It only let me add the international leg but not the first flight.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by dls25
This is correct. I copy the text from UA, but AA should be similar. Only PCR test will be accepted for entering/transiting Brazil.

All travelers arriving to or transiting through Brazil are required to present three items before boarding:
  • A medical certificate with a negative result for a COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The certificate must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
  • A COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before departure from the first embarkation point. The certificate must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
  • A completed and signed health declaration (DSV). You can present a physical or digital copy. Fill out the form here in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL GM, Avis First, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Kmxu
This is correct. I copy the text from UA, but AA should be similar. Only PCR test will be accepted for entering/transiting Brazil.

All travelers arriving to or transiting through Brazil are required to present three items before boarding:
  • A medical certificate with a negative result for a COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The certificate must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
  • A COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before departure from the first embarkation point. The certificate must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
  • A completed and signed health declaration (DSV). You can present a physical or digital copy. Fill out the form here in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
That is not correct, but WAY more worryingly THE VERIFLY APP IS NOT CORRECT. This is what it says: "Passengers entering or transiting through Brazil must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before or an [sic] COVID-19 Antigen test taken at most 24 hours before the first embarkation point."

Sherpa, which AA links from their own website, tells a different story: "Travelers must present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR or antigen test result. The laboratory RT-PCR test must be taken a maximum of 72 hours before the first leg to Brazil. An antigen test must be taken a maximum of 24 hours before the first leg to Brazil." Anvisa — the Brazilian equivalent of the CDC — also says says it's 24 hours from the first leg to Brazil. It was a mad rush to get retested, but it all worked out in the end.
psusaver likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Just returned Saturday from Sint Eustatius (Statia) and the app did not work as they do not provide QR Code on the paper provided.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:10 am

That is not correct, but WAY more worryingly THE VERIFLY APP IS NOT CORRECT. This is what it says: "Passengers entering or transiting through Brazil must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before or an [sic] COVID-19 Antigen test taken at most 24 hours before the first embarkation point."

Sherpa, which AA links from their own website, tells a different story: "Travelers must present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR or antigen test result. The laboratory RT-PCR test must be taken a maximum of 72 hours before the first leg to Brazil. An antigen test must be taken a maximum of 24 hours before the first leg to Brazil." Anvisa — the Brazilian equivalent of the CDC — also says says it's 24 hours from the first leg to Brazil. It was a mad rush to get retested, but it all worked out in the end.
You are interpreting this incorrectly. It is 72/24 hours from the first leg of your itinerary inbound to Brazil. This is what is meant by first embarkation point or first leg to Brazil. If you are flying DTW-MIA-GRU, the relevant time would be the DTW departure time not MIA. The ordinance defines this clearly

https://www.in.gov.br/en/web/dou/-/p...2021-368622644

Capitulo 2.1a

a) na hipótese de voo com conexões ou escalas em que o viajante permaneça em área restrita do aeroporto, os prazos referidos no inciso I do caput serão considerados em relação ao embarque no primeiro trecho da viagem; e
or in English courtesy of the LA consulate COVID-19 | Travel Restrictions to Brazil
a) in the event of a flight with connections or stopovers in which the traveler remains in a restricted area of ​​the airport, the deadlines referred to in item I of this article will be considered in relation to boarding the first leg of the trip; and

I've been to Brazil 5 times (including this past week) since they started requiring PCR tests and this has not been an issue for immigration staff, AA check-in agents or VeriFly.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL GM, Avis First, Sixt Plat
But that's exactly the issue: the Verifly app says "first embarkation point", not "first embarkation point to Brazil".
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
But that's exactly the issue: the Verifly app says "first embarkation point", not "first embarkation point to Brazil".
Given that the discussion involves boarding requirements for a Brazil-bound itinerary, those are exactly the same thing.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Now going through my 4th use of VeriFLY. The one that thing that has been consistent is that no matter what I submit for manual review (vax card, eMed test result, etc), it is ALWAYS rejected the first time, then when I submit the EXACT SAME file again, it gets approved. With the new money-grab, that means waiting the 1h twice each time (the result always seems to show up exactly at the 60min mark).
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:29 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Used it twice for LGA YUL with no issues. However during the last trip, gate agent was requesting document checks for test and ArriveCAN even for those who have successfully used VeriFLY and checked in. So what is the point of using VeriFLY?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just used VeriFLY again. Issue this test time with the app for test results due to poor Verifly app/business process.

App asks for test time but does not support time zone. Took test MARCH 4 10:30AM Eastern but test time is in results is 15:30 UTC. When I indicate test time in app as 10:30 it got rejected 2.5 hours later because time I provided (in Eastern) "didn't match" lab results (in UTC).

App wouldn't allow 15:30 as test time either because in Eastern Time zone it is currently only 13:30.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
Originally Posted by seawolf
Just used VeriFLY again. Issue this test time with the app for test results due to poor Verifly app/business process.

App asks for test time but does not support time zone. Took test MARCH 4 10:30AM Eastern but test time is in results is 15:30 UTC. When I indicate test time in app as 10:30 it got rejected 2.5 hours later because time I provided (in Eastern) "didn't match" lab results (in UTC).

App wouldn't allow 15:30 as test time either because in Eastern Time zone it is currently only 13:30.
I've run into this exact same thing and had to wait to submit my test. Annoying. OTOH one time I was able to do my test slightly more than a day ahead of time because it was already the next day in UTC time.
Xyzzy and Antarius like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.