Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Catbert10
AA needed a way to facilitate verification or COVID documents. We all know how efficient AA's IT department is, so we'd probably still be waiting for something completely integrated with AA app/website. When VeriFLY was first rolled out, there was zero integration with AA. You got a green pass, flashed it to the check-in agent at the airport, and it significantly decreased the time it took you to check in. No integration for OLCI. OLCI integration cam a few months later, and I'd wager the VeriFLY people did most of the heavy lifting.
Oh I see. I wasn't traveling during that time so I was out of the loop.

So is it basically useless now? Or is it still needed for destinations that need proof of vaccination or something other than a test result?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
So I am completing the Verifly attestation for an EU country that only requires vaccine certificates, and it is a direct flight there from the US. The Verifly app has cleared my vaccination docs and has also green checked the negative covid test doc (although it was neither required nor submitted by me). When I click on the attestation it says that you confirm both vaccination and a negative test, even though the negative test is not required or requested and was automatically green checked by the app (likely to indicate that it is not needed). So, technically the attestation in this context is true, and it is just how the app is configured for places that do not require negative covid tests.

Please click the like button to indicate your agreement with the above statement..

Last edited by nk15; Apr 7, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nk15
Please click the like button to indicate your agreement with the above statement..
But, your honor, flyertalk said it was ok.
mnhusker likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Ok, I re-read it and it says complete the vaccination review step first, and this will automatically complete the test review step (or vice versa, because the country of destination requires one of the two only for admission), which it did.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Translated into plainer English, you just have to do these two things: upload your vaccination certificates and blindly click "yes" on absolutely everything else.

Then you can check in online through the AA phone app though, oddly, not through the AA website. The only remaining thing to do then is to present your passport for scanning to the gate agent.

Upon arrival in France, it would appear that there is only a passport check. They're not asking for vaccination cards anymore (though I guess there could always be some kind of spot check).
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Traveling HNL-DFW-MAD on AA late May. Spain has an entry requirement for those without the EU Digital Covid Cert pass to use the SpTH app/form where you can upload the vax and other info and get back a QR code from the app good for entry. So, is the VeriFly app even necessary as it seems redundant to the SpTH app for this one trip? Will the TA at HNL be likely to accept the SpTH QR code for check-in or require VeriFly? Thank you.

Edited to add: Flying back into US on KLM that apparently isn't supported by VeriFly.

Last edited by inlanikai; Apr 20, 2022 at 12:10 pm
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
Verifly will simply help you check-in with AA without needing to go in-person
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by inlanikai
Traveling HNL-DFW-MAD on AA late May. Spain has an entry requirement for those without the EU Digital Covid Cert pass to use the SpTH app/form where you can upload the vax and other info and get back a QR code from the app good for entry. So, is the VeriFly app even necessary as it seems redundant to the SpTH app for this one trip? Will the TA at HNL be likely to accept the SpTH QR code for check-in or require VeriFly? Thank you.

Edited to add: Flying back into US on KLM that apparently isn't supported by VeriFly.
The Verifly app has never been required but it just makes things easier at check in.

In the case of Spain, you submit your info and get the complete SpTH form. At check in, the agent would find their list of what info is required for Spain and then manually verify everything on the list (checking docs, dates, names, etc.).

However, if you uploaded the SpTH to Verifly beforehand (and receive the green check ready to fly) the agent would just verify this in the app and would not have to manually verify anything else.

Verifly can save a lot or a little time depending on how proficient the agent is and how many specific docs they have to check for each destination.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:09 am
amm

I’m flying LHR-JFK tomorrow - tested positive while here but have a certificate of recovery. When I asked VeriFLY they said they only support EU recovery certificates so no way to upload my certificate along with my positive test result. AA’s Twitter team indicated that I’d be able to sort everything out at check in tomorrow but 1) ugh why 2) anyone have experience with how long it might take at check in?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by amm
I’m flying LHR-JFK tomorrow - tested positive while here but have a certificate of recovery. When I asked VeriFLY they said they only support EU recovery certificates so no way to upload my certificate along with my positive test result. AA’s Twitter team indicated that I’d be able to sort everything out at check in tomorrow but 1) ugh why 2) anyone have experience with how long it might take at check in?
LHR check in shouldn't be bad, especially if you have any kind of status or are in a premium cabin. I'd probably not spend any time trying to fiddle with VeriFLY and check in at the counter. My experience has been as soon as you start doing something that deviates from the common case VeriFLY will hiccup.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
In the case of Spain, you submit your info and get the complete SpTH form.
But the SpTH form is only required if you don't have an EU cert. Does AA actually require you to fill it in or is this just Verifly that has it wrong?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The Verifly app has never been required but it just makes things easier at check in.

In the case of Spain, you submit your info and get the complete SpTH form. At check in, the agent would find their list of what info is required for Spain and then manually verify everything on the list (checking docs, dates, names, etc.).

However, if you uploaded the SpTH to Verifly beforehand (and receive the green check ready to fly) the agent would just verify this in the app and would not have to manually verify anything else.

Verifly can save a lot or a little time depending on how proficient the agent is and how many specific docs they have to check for each destination.
I thought one no longer needed SpTH since 4/15?
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:00 am
amm

Originally Posted by Majuki
LHR check in shouldn't be bad, especially if you have any kind of status or are in a premium cabin. I'd probably not spend any time trying to fiddle with VeriFLY and check in at the counter. My experience has been as soon as you start doing something that deviates from the common case VeriFLY will hiccup.
Exactly as you described. Has used a SWU so am in first and the entire check in process took 5 minutes. Incredible relief to finally be on the way home.
Majuki likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:32 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
VFTW says that American has updated its app to allow upload of negative Covid test for flights to the U.S., replacing the need for VeriFLY.

See third bullet here:

https://viewfromthewing.com/six-chas...es-are-coming/

Anyone have experience with this yet?
Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by zkzkz
But the SpTH form is only required if you don't have an EU cert. Does AA actually require you to fill it in or is this just Verifly that has it wrong?
Originally Posted by beachfan
I thought one no longer needed SpTH since 4/15?
No idea, the situation I was describing assumed the SpTH was required as the poster mentioned they needed it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.