Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA, EK, UA, MK
US Stopover

Verifly question to which the answers may be somewhere upthread so apologies if that’s the case.

Returning to LHR from SJO this weekend via MIA and using Verifly to handle the documentation. First time user of Verifly, obviously. A couple of queries :

a) Single ticket for SJO-MIA-LHR (outward was LGW-SJO so no restrictions) but separate AA and BA PNRs. I’m assuming that for the purpose of creating the trip, only the SJO-MIA sector is relevant (i.e. ignore MIA-LHR)

b) Covid test booked for T-1 day and will upload result asap after that. But at present Verifly won’t let me upload existing vaccination status. Do I have to wait until after I’ve done the test before it’ll let me do this? If not, why can’t I do this now?

Thanks for any and all pointers.

AJB
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Yes and yes.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
Just reached out to VeriFLY about whether they support letters of recovery for US citizens since we don't use the EU digital version. They said not at this time.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA, EK, UA, MK
Originally Posted by nk15
Yes and yes.
Thanks for your prompt response nk15,, much appreciated. Fingers crossed for tomorrow….
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by ymx
VFTW says that American has updated its app to allow upload of negative Covid test for flights to the U.S., replacing the need for VeriFLY.

See third bullet here:

https://viewfromthewing.com/six-chas...es-are-coming/

Anyone have experience with this yet?
we flew ZRH-PHL Tuesday on AA. There was not an option to use the app. We were successful in using Verifly to check in on line.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Had real problem uploading photo from "camera" to VeriFly on my return from MXP to JFK. Finally gave up.
Took less than 3 minutes at check in by using paper version.
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Who is ready for Verifly Summer 2022?!?! Here's to hoping they've done some better integration with AA's PSS.... United has probably the simplest, most cohesive doc check system.
Old May 19, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Just tried using VeriFly for a flight from JFK-DEL on AA. When I go to enter the "A Trip to India" information the only airline it will allow me to select is JL. Odd, since I was able to successfully use VeriFly on this exact routing a few months ago.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
First time user of Verifly so I hope someone can help. My flight from BCN to PHL is not until July but I thought I would enter my vaccination record into the AA app to see how it went. Of course the AA app sent me to Verifly where I could enter my record locator and get the flight loaded. But it does not allow me to scan my vaccination card. I assume it thinks this is too far in advance of the flight but I cannot find how many days from my flight it will let me enter the information. The FAQs only say it must be more than 4 days before my flight but does not indicate there is a maximum.
Old May 28, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
A rare VeriFLY failure last week. Uploaded all details about six hours before the flight. Documents had still not been verified by departure time, six hours later. Fortunately, I always keep paper and electronic copies of all required documents. Got the verification email as the flight was taxiing to the runway for takeoff -- useless
Old May 28, 2022, 11:57 am

Deleted by user. Never mind

Last edited by lanb; May 28, 2022 at 2:21 pm
Old May 28, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Question LHR--> JFK: Options w/ I don't want to use Verifly?

Folks, what are my options if I don't want to use the Verifly App on my return trip to the US?

Do I stand in line and show them negative COVID test results at check in counter and I am good to go?
Old May 28, 2022, 5:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by miles_navigator
Folks, what are my options if I don't want to use the Verifly App on my return trip to the US?

Do I stand in line and show them negative COVID test results at check in counter and I am good to go?
Correct. You won't be able to check in online and you'll need to waste an uncertain amount of time waiting in line. By contrast, using the VeriFLY app takes a couple of minutes and avoids all the hassle.
Old May 28, 2022, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by golfmad
Correct. You won't be able to check in online and you'll need to waste an uncertain amount of time waiting in line. By contrast, using the VeriFLY app takes a couple of minutes and avoids all the hassle.
Sorry for seeming dense, I don't see an integration w/ Verifly in the AA App. How will it block me from OLC? I get downloading the separate Verifly App part. Just missing the integration w/ AA.
Old May 28, 2022, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfmad
This just not been my experience at all. I've flown back from Mexico twice in the past few months and I've never downloaded Verifly. The AA app just prompts you to fill in the attestation and upload a pdf of your negative test result. It takes about a minute or two and when you are done you are checked in.

As far as I can tell, Verifly is completely unnecessary when flying back to the US on AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.