Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
This just not been my experience at all. I've flown back from Mexico twice in the past few months and I've never downloaded Verifly. The AA app just prompts you to fill in the attestation and upload a pdf of your negative test result. It takes about a minute or two and when you are done you are checked in.

As far as I can tell, Verifly is completely unnecessary when flying back to the US on AA.
Only *SOME* locations do it that way, others like Europe, you need to provide docs at the airport or use Verifly, the options do not appear at check-in for all locations.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Despite the great news about the 1 day before arriving back home test being dropped midnight Saturday I'm still going with my verifly process for my trip to PVR this weekend. The chances the AA folks at PVR will get everything updated by my Sunday afternoon departure is probably slim so I'll just continue to use my verifly. If anything changes with the app by Sunday I'll post it here.
boerne and Antarius like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:52 pm

My husband's booked to fly from FCO to JFK on Wednesday. He'd like to move his return to Monday but is in a rural area where Covid tests aren't available on the weekend. Any thoughts on whether AA will be able to shift its testing requirements on such short notice?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by overhear
My husband's booked to fly from FCO to JFK on Wednesday. He'd like to move his return to Monday but is in a rural area where Covid tests aren't available on the weekend. Any thoughts on whether AA will be able to shift its testing requirements on such short notice?
The requirement for a test just got dropped.

He should be fine. It's possible and even likely that web check in won't work as verifly may not be updated, but at the counter you can get sorted.
overhear likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EP
Requirement dropped, F you Verifly!
percysmith likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Buh-bye VeriFLY.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

verifly has been updated. It used to be 3 steps.

Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by overhear
Flights will likely be oversold as all infected mask-less Americans abroad are being repatriated starting tonight...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34326574-post145.html

Last edited by nk15; Jun 11, 2022 at 9:10 am
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by enviroian

Nice! Flying tomorrow into US, gonna OLCI in a few hours. Funny that attestation is still required. I'll report back in 3 hours.
enviroian likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Yup, same here. No test. Got BP. Impressed by the quick pivot by VeriFLY. Since it’s just the attestation, I feel like AA could move that directly in the app to smooth over the process. But overall I’m quite pleased.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by enviroian
Shouldn't it be only one step now since the attestation has gone away too per the CDC? What will be the value of VeriFLY headed to the US starting Sunday?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Majuki
Shouldn't it be only one step now since the attestation has gone away too per the CDC? What will be the value of VeriFLY headed to the US starting Sunday?
I didn’t see that the attestation is gone in the link you shared, but I didn’t search too hard. Is it for sure? I only used VeriFLY because I assumed the AA app would still be looking for the VeriFLY “pass” to complete check in at this point.

Annoyingly, the AA app itself is still asking for contact tracing info. Is that required?

There should be no need for the VeriFLY app shortly.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
So let me clarify.

First, the "attestation" related to a negative (or positive) test result is indeed entirely gone. Though the rescission order doesn't mention it, the website page says, "This Order and attestation will no longer be in effect as of 12:01am ET [4:01am GMT], June 12, 2022)." From a professional point of view, this is wildly incompetent drafting, by the way -- sheer incompetence all the way around.

Second, the "attestation" form actually has two sections. The first, now gone, is for the test result. But the second part is for the vaccination requirement, and that still obtains for non-US citizens. So Verifly still needs an "attestation" step since many fliers won't be citizens of the US. But the attestation step should have some sort of x-off or "not applicable" button if you're a US citizen. If not, they've screwed it up.

The above is how the law works. How Verifly will incorporate it into its "steps," I don't know. That's for the next poster here to tell us . . . .
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
So let me clarify.

First, the "attestation" related to a negative (or positive) test result is indeed entirely gone. Though the rescission order doesn't mention it, the website page says, "This Order and attestation will no longer be in effect as of 12:01am ET [4:01am GMT], June 12, 2022)." From a professional point of view, this is wildly incompetent drafting, by the way -- sheer incompetence all the way around.

Second, the "attestation" form actually has two sections. The first, now gone, is for the test result. But the second part is for the vaccination requirement, and that still obtains for non-US citizens. So Verifly still needs an "attestation" step since many fliers won't be citizens of the US. But the attestation step should have some sort of x-off or "not applicable" button if you're a US citizen. If not, they've screwed it up.

The above is how the law works. How Verifly will incorporate it into its "steps," I don't know. That's for the next poster here to tell us . . . .
I did it really quickly, but I "attested" only that I was a citizen/resident. That was the only question. This removed the vax section from the Checklist.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW I received the negative test results notification. I then went to the verifly app and I had my ready to travel cert there with my smiling mug. When I checked in today at T-24 the "ready for travel" message automatically just popped up. It was verifly. I wonder when AA will remove all traces of this app as it has no more functionality with AA and flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.