Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
It's presumably just giving you the option for both, if you're un-vaxed then you would submit a negative test, if you're vaxed then you just submit your vax cert.

Once they verify your vax cert the option for a negative test should go away, you'll get the green check and be good to go.
Great thank you!
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by CLTFlyer
Traveling from CLT to YYZ tomorrow via BOS. While I’d normally check in via the AA app, VeriFLY gets in the way. While the help section for VeriFLY notes it won’t handle codeshares, you’re hopeful that when it’s part of the American (as opposed to oneWorld or the JetBlue alliance) family, check in will still work and VeriFLY might be bypassable. But nope. Republic’s operation of the BOS-YYZ flight throws the monkey wrench in. Hopefully check in will go well in person.
Verifly worked perfectly for me LGA-YUL. I was able to check in online once I had completed Verifly (and not before). The online boarding pass even showed TSA Precheck which hadn't worked previously. But then when I went to board they insisted on checking my Arrivecan again and printing a paper boarding pass anyways even though Verifly had already checked that. (In retrospect I don't know if it actually checks or just accepts any confirmation code).
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I just opened Verifly and it seems to have lost my account. Verifly wants to onboard me but does offer a chance to recover my account. However, it still wants me to take a new picture and it fails and starts over. Is Verifly having back end issues?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by Catbert10
I just opened Verifly and it seems to have lost my account. Verifly wants to onboard me but does offer a chance to recover my account. However, it still wants me to take a new picture and it fails and starts over. Is Verifly having back end issues?
Issue is no one really needs it anymore and they are probably running out of money
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
I have a new phone since last time I used to VeriFLY and when I opened it just now it made me go through the recovery process and take a new selfie. The process did complete ok though. I hope I never need to use it again.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
What do you need Verifly for at this point?

Can't remember the last time I used it...

Regards
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu

Regards
Not every country is completely open, still. It appears that Brazil and Spain, for example, require proof of vax or negative test.

Yes, of course you can always blow off Verifly and present everything at check-in, but there are benefits to using Verifly anyway.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by scubadu

Regards
Well, I had to use it for my flight to the States this week...
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Mods, please merge my recent post with this thread.

The verify requirement in our case relates to our kids, 9 and 4 (we parents got the green "completed" status). They don't have phones to download the app or emails to set up accounts. How does it work in this situation? Whose selfie? Mine? On behalf of them? Or.... what??

If I knew about this verifly nonsense, I would have never EVER wasted my Avios on an AA flight.

Seriously, why would anyone fly them if they have another option?!
​​​​
Old Dec 17, 2022, 8:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by bambinomartino
Mods, please merge my recent post with this thread.

The verify requirement in our case relates to our kids, 9 and 4 (we parents got the green "completed" status). They don't have phones to download the app or emails to set up accounts. How does it work in this situation? Whose selfie? Mine? On behalf of them? Or.... what??
​​​​
First, moderators don't read each and every post. If you want your post in another thread to be moved to this thread, alert the moderators by clicking on the "Alert a moderator to this post" - red triangle - at the bottom left of the message box.

Secondly, from the VeriFLY F.A.Q.s:

Can I use VeriFLY with my children?
Yes. Children can be added as companions to trips or some passes. VeriFLY will automatically calculate the age of the companion and inform you of which travel requirements (e.g., a COVID test) are applicable based on your trip destination.

For details on adding Companions, please check out details on how to add a Companion to a Pass: Adding a Companion to a Pass
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Flying to AUA tomorrow from PHL and unable to check-in. The AA website gives me a generic error to see the agent at the airport. On a whim tried the app and it showed that the profiles are incomplete on check-in page and directed me to verifly.
I went through the motions in the app of adding myself, partner and two minors. Had to fill in AUA arrival form for adults, tick "yes" that everyone knows the risks around covid. The Verifly app shows everything as complete for all 4 people.
Back in AA app it now shows the adults as "complete" and ready to checkin, but minors are still "incomplete" and refers me back to verifly...

I think I clicked around everything I could in verifly app - it shows a green checkmark everywhere, yet still I am unable to check-in... What a PoS...
Old Mar 29, 2023, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dsauch
Flying to AUA tomorrow from PHL and unable to check-in. The AA website gives me a generic error to see the agent at the airport. On a whim tried the app and it showed that the profiles are incomplete on check-in page and directed me to verifly.
I went through the motions in the app of adding myself, partner and two minors. Had to fill in AUA arrival form for adults, tick "yes" that everyone knows the risks around covid. The Verifly app shows everything as complete for all 4 people.
Back in AA app it now shows the adults as "complete" and ready to checkin, but minors are still "incomplete" and refers me back to verifly...

I think I clicked around everything I could in verifly app - it shows a green checkmark everywhere, yet still I am unable to check-in... What a PoS...

Verifly doesn't always work with multiple people on the reservation. Works most reliably with just one traveler. Also, the slightest thing out of the ordinary (flight change, IRROPS, etc) often "breaks" the Verifly process and requires manual processing at the airport. In your case, it could have been something as simple as attempting to check in online before completing the Verifly process messed up something. It never works 100% perfectly when you have two unrelated IT systems trying to sync data.

Don't worry....you'll be fine. Just allow extra time at the airport to verify all your documents with an agent. Be sure everyone has a fully-completed ED Card for Aruba....with the QR code and green check mark on the verification page. With a family of 4, I would recommend printing out the forms so you can keep track of everything.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Verifly doesn't always work with multiple people on the reservation. Works most reliably with just one traveler. Also, the slightest thing out of the ordinary (flight change, IRROPS, etc) often "breaks" the Verifly process and requires manual processing at the airport. In your case, it could have been something as simple as attempting to check in online before completing the Verifly process messed up something. It never works 100% perfectly when you have two unrelated IT systems trying to sync data.

Don't worry....you'll be fine. Just allow extra time at the airport to verify all your documents with an agent. Be sure everyone has a fully-completed ED Card for Aruba....with the QR code and green check mark on the verification page. With a family of 4, I would recommend printing out the forms so you can keep track of everything.
Turns out that the ED card needs to be filled in for _all_ passengers, including minors. I guess because their plans could be different from parents, and place where they booked the trip might differ as well. Its insane that entire form needs to be filled in more than once per family.

Anyway, the vericry utility happily calculated the ages and did not direct me to ED form for minors, or inform me that its needed. The AA web/app is also completely useless as it doesnt tell you what is wrong, and even if you knew that its the ED form - there is no way to link it to vericry.

A completely useless exercise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.