Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2021, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT

Tried to use this app for my return flight to the USA from Brazil and it didn’t work for me.

— entering relevant info is slow and the app keeps disconnecting from the server. I was using hotel wifi.

— uploaded my negative test results. Can’t upload more than one page since one page had the name of the lab and the back side had the results. I was able to upload the results page after getting disconnected three times and it went for review. Got my answer a few hours before my flight stating that my test was rejected since it wasn’t in English or Spanish. It was in Portuguese.

— the app is very clunky and not user friendly at all.. if AA wants passengers to use this app in the future, the developers really need to improve on it.

In the end, I deleted the app and just showed all the paperwork to the agent. I doubt the agents would have accepted the app.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
I used Verifly 1/29 at GRU. It is clunky and cannot read negative covid test in a non english language. Since required to return to USA, this is a big problem. Luckily my lab also issued report in english 1 day later, and photo upload worked. AA agent at GRU looked at the app at check in and I did not have to produce paperwork. I hope Verifly and AA improve the process if they hope flyers will use.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 2:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I do hope they improve it. I was going to use the app for upcoming travel, but it doesn't work for providing the "documentation of recovery" the CDC requires in lieu of a negative test for those who have recently recovered.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 3:32 pm
Cba

Programs: NW, CO
connections

Originally Posted by chrisny2
I do hope they improve it. I was going to use the app for upcoming travel, but it doesn't work for providing the "documentation of recovery" the CDC requires in lieu of a negative test for those who have recently recovered.
I'm travellng to Brazil next week and noticed that Verifly only lets you enter AA gateway cities for travel. I'm traveling to GRU via DFW but start in LGA much earlier in the day. Brazil does state that the mandatory 72 hour testing period can include the first leg of the journey. If I have to plan my testing around the evening departure from DFW it gives me a good deal less time to get my results. Another reason why I'll likely just have documents in hand instead of use Verifly.
tfizzle likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
worked fine for my MEX-LAX flight
Old Feb 23, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
FYI - new data point on Verifly. Previously, leaving the US to Jamaica, Verifly was only an option from Miami. I hadn't see an announcement of a change but I am flying this weekend CLT to MBJ. Used Verifly to select my flight from a list of sveral options, to enter my covid test results (approval back in minutes) as well as link to the Jamaican travel authorization (which it it sent an email reminder that it was time to do). Actually the app worked pretty smoothly with proactive reminders
Will be interesting to see if this makes checkin for flights any easier. We will definitely have our physical reports with us as well. Backups of backups always. We were some of the first to fly to Jamaica last year with our required covid tests and screening preflight at various airports were all over the place in implementation. I don't have high hopes for a well-oiled process.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:38 am

Flying to FRA tomorrow, and Germany is not even an option on VeriFly. At least it should cover all AA destinations if they want it to be used.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
I actually think it makes sense to roll it out in stages so updates, fixes can be made with the fewest impacts. We were notified via email that we could use it for our trip or I wouldn't have even looked for the trip to Jamaica coming up - assuming that it was still only the MIA to Jamaica flights that were covered.

My guess is they will continue to add flight combinations as confidence in the implementation is proven
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Cba
I'm travellng to Brazil next week and noticed that Verifly only lets you enter AA gateway cities for travel. I'm traveling to GRU via DFW but start in LGA much earlier in the day. Brazil does state that the mandatory 72 hour testing period can include the first leg of the journey. If I have to plan my testing around the evening departure from DFW it gives me a good deal less time to get my results. Another reason why I'll likely just have documents in hand instead of use Verifly.
I had the same question regarding when does the time stamp needed to be for me to board the flights I had to Brazil as well (SFO-LAX-MIA-GIG). I opted to go with getting my test done Sunday with the promise of having results before 5 PM the next day. I got them and was prepared for my 6 AM flight on Tuesday. I asked at check-in the scenario "what if..." the agent said if my results were pending, I would be allowed to travel to Miami and no further if still had not received my results.

Sure enough, in Miami, EVERYONE had to check-in again with the GAs (even connecting flights) to have their results checked. There were lots of groans as we had to queue for the checks then get in queue to board the flight.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 4:27 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I really wish there was better integration between VeriFLY and AA. Even though VeriFLY approves your documents, you still can't check-in and get a boarding pass without going to the airport ticket counter. In contrast, UA's Travel Center approves documentation then allows for check-in. Documents will still be verified, but it doesn't have to be done pre-security.
chrisny2 and Amil like this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 1:20 am

My husband had to fly SNA-DFW-YYC today and I encouraged him to use Verifly as I thought it would help things. He of course couldn't check-in online and getting to SNA took a bit longer and I was afraid he was going to miss the cutoff. He later told me that the check-in agent knew nothing about Verifly and had to manually key in all of his test information for Canada, even though there was a sign promoting Verifly just a few feet away. Maybe agents at a hub know more about it since they deal with international more, but it provided no value for his trip today.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I will give the app a try on my upcoming trip JFK-CDG.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I used Verifly recently on a LAX - LHR flight (after getting a negative antigen test outside LAX T6). The agents at Flagship First check-in were already familiar with it and just looked for the green check mark on the app.
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 3:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I hope they add an option to upload an image of your vaccine card.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Used it again yesterday to check in at AUS. The agent said it was the first time he had seen it. He was really happy someone was using it because he said it made his job so much easier. He thanked me for using it 3 or 4 times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.