Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I recently used it for LAX-LHR (on BA) and LHR-LAX (on AA) and it worked fine in both cases. The check-in agents gave it a five-second look, saw the green tick, and that was sufficient. They both said that was a quicker process than if they'd had to look through my documentation.

Integration with AA online check-in would be nice, though.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 11:57 am
JTK

Programs: AAdvantage EP
I just used the app on a GDL-DFW flight on 4/8. The check-in agent in Guadalajara just looked at the app and thanked me for making her job so much easier. They has a QR code posted at check-in for the Mexican form to fill out on my phone. Second QR code and into the security area.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:23 am

“It doesn’t work here” for the MID-MIA flight on 4/12, but a PDF of the test results did.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 5:50 pm

The process itself is a bit long winded, but made it so much easier flying AUA-DFW the agent didn’t really check it. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened the app and he said great!
Old Apr 18, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Positive feedback

Originally Posted by zip10001
I will give the app a try on my upcoming trip JFK-CDG.
Happy to report that the Verifly was deemed as appropriate at both JFK & CDG check-in.
At CDG, the employee proactively asked me if I had the app on my phone.
I did not have to pull out the print-outs of the negative Covid test results in both instances.
justforfun likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Veriflop (AA VeriFLY failure)

It took me 10 minutes to get my COVID test at CVS.
It took CVS 45 minutes to run the test and send me the results.
SIx hours later Verifly is still PENDING.

I hope AA doesn't make going through these guys a requirement....

Old May 17, 2021, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by kabroui
It took me 10 minutes to get my COVID test at CVS.
It took CVS 45 minutes to run the test and send me the results.
SIx hours later Verifly is still PENDING.

I hope AA doesn't make going through these guys a requirement....

what was your itinerary to require this test? Coming into the US or entering the UK?
Old May 17, 2021, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
DFW-GUA

Fortunately, I don't think I will need to depend on Verifly as I have everything printed out.
Old May 17, 2021, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
what was your itinerary to require this test? Coming into the US or entering the UK?
As far as I know there are no CVS stores in the UK.
Old May 17, 2021, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mvoight
As far as I know there are no CVS stores in the UK.
Thanks.
kabroui likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 11:59 pm

Programs: Costco Club
When is your flight? Does it really matter how long it takes Verifly as long as it's in prior to check-in? I'd rather they take their time to get it right and verify than focus on speed and potentially screw up.
Old May 18, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Having used Verifly sucessfully three times, it let me down last week when travelling BOS-CLT-LHR. Test results were uploaded 24 hours before the BOS departure, and were still pending the following morning. I messaged Verifly who said that results were validated based on the order of the flights, not when they are submitted, but if I wanted I could call them and they would check the test certificate during the call.

However, where the system fails is that it only takes into account the TATL flight details, and not the prior connecting BOS-CLT flight. Consequently we got to BOS without Verifly appoval so had to use paper copies when we checked in. Whilst waiting in the lounge at BOS, Verifly pinged me to say the test results had been approved.

It makes Verifly a little redundant if you still need printed copies as a back up
GWFan and reaganFF like this.
Old May 18, 2021, 4:55 am

Tried using it a couple weeks ago for 2 companions and my self. My pic got accepted after 4-5 tries. Never got companions pics to accept.

At counter GA asked if I had used it. I said I tried but photo issues. She had heard that a lot she said.
Old May 18, 2021, 6:15 am

I tried using Verifly for the first time yesterday on a Europe-LHR-LAX itinerary, and it was a total waste of time.

There were a couple of reasons it was useless:

First, it doesn't help you on connecting flights. The UK has its own set of requirements for transit passengers, and Verifly doesn't understand that concept. So, that means I need all the paperwork to get to the UK.

Second, the test verification isn't working as it should. I was notified about halfway through my LHR-LAX flight that my test was approved. Really helpful!

I won't be using the app again, as it's completely redundant and doesn't save a bit of time.
asnovici likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never heard of it or have no idea what it is.
sjccroquet likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.