Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Retale_88
It is possible. I just used a 4 of the 6 tests for my family. Each person creates an account (of in the case of children, you create a dependent under your own account) and then you connect to the proctor. There's no issue with using the 6-pack for 6 different people. That said, I have two unopened tests in case anyone is interested, feel free to send me a direct message.
Did you use 4 different smart phones or just log off and on 4 times with 4 different accounts? I guess either would work.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Did you use 4 different smart phones or just log off and on 4 times with 4 different accounts? I guess either would work.
I created the accounts on my mobile device and used a laptop for the actual proctored exam. I didn't try using my iphone for the proctored exam so I'm not sure if that's possible. I had both kids under my account and my wife simply logged in under her account, on the same laptop, when it was her turn.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:51 am

traveling to a country (France) that doesn’t require COVID testing for appropriately vaccinated people. I do not think the app recognizes that. Still waiting for test results to be uploaded. *face palm*
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I didn't try using my iphone for the proctored exam so I'm not sure if that's possible.
It is. I used my iphone X and propped it up against my bottle of Beck's.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
I created the accounts on my mobile device and used a laptop for the actual proctored exam. I didn't try using my iphone for the proctored exam so I'm not sure if that's possible. I had both kids under my account and my wife simply logged in under her account, on the same laptop, when it was her turn.
When you say laptop, was it a PC? The verifly website says it only works on Android or IOS. I have a Mac but use a PC for day-to-day work.

You can use your iPhone to upload the test report, but you must first save the file to the iPhone from your email.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
i had a great experience using verifly. i do wish they had their countries listed in alphabetic order on the trips page. adding my covid info and my qr code for my health visa were quick and fast. i added my two kids on my trip without issue. Verifly must have improved their service based on some of the early responses on this thread.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
App

Originally Posted by coolcoil
When you say laptop, was it a PC? The verifly website says it only works on Android or IOS. I have a Mac but use a PC for day-to-day work.

You can use your iPhone to upload the test report, but you must first save the file to the iPhone from your email.
The OP was referring to the fact that he used his laptop to login to the eMed Covid Testing to get Covid tests done via telemedicine.
Once he got the results, he loaded them onto Verifly which is only available on mobile devices, iOS and Android.

Last edited by mrkymark; Jul 7, 2021 at 10:20 am Reason: Correction
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Same

Originally Posted by Amon_Ra_
traveling to a country (France) that doesn’t require COVID testing for appropriately vaccinated people. I do not think the app recognizes that. Still waiting for test results to be uploaded. *face palm*
Same here, going to France as well and check list completed - but Step 1 is still load test results, (even tho vaccinated)
They know it's not required as a few days ago it just had a small green checkmark next to it - now it just lays pending with the checkmark gone.
I think the app makers are simply overwhelmed with the number of scenarios involved in this travel world.
No excuse though, a pretty poor app so far. I'm pretty sure it will not save me time at the airport.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by coolcoil

You're confusing what I used for what. The Mac laptop I used for the eMed telemedicine. The Verifly app is on the iPhone (or Android). There's no saving of anything from your email necessary. Once the eMed test is complete, it will show up as a pass under your user profile. GL.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
You're confusing what I used for what. The Mac laptop I used for the eMed telemedicine. The Verifly app is on the iPhone (or Android). There's no saving of anything from your email necessary. Once the eMed test is complete, it will show up as a pass under your user profile. GL.
Thanks for the answer. I did not know about eMed. I am outside the USA and have not heard of it.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Green pass in Verifly and still can’t check in

Anyone struggling with this? Verifly tells me I’m good to go and I have a green circle round my picture BUT the AA app and website tell me I haven’t complied and to down Verifly and upload docs to it before I can check in….
Old Jul 9, 2021, 4:27 pm

I am traveling this weekend to Italy and am planning to use Verifly. I entered my Covid vaccination records and it was accepted. Now, it won't let me enter my Covid test from today (when I got to my "checklist" there's an item "Covid-19 Test Review" with a green check, which is weird, since I haven't entered anything, and when I tap on it nothing happens. Is this a bug or is the app trying to say that if proof of vaccination is provided, no Covid testing needs to be submitted?
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
I'm a bit confused. We're trying to use the app (against my better judgement about the data they collect and how they store it) for a DFW-CDG trip. France does not require a negative test for people who are fully vaccinated. But the app seems to require inputting a test as step one. So it seems, unless we go get a test (not easy in our rural part of Montana on a Saturday) then we cannot checkin via the mobile app at all.

If VeriFly isn't current with the French regs, I'm not sure how much stock AA should put in them as a partner.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, 5yr CK, Flying Blue, Delta, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
I am traveling to Greece via the UK. I entered that info on the UK passenger locator form. Trying to load the passenger locator form on Verifly. Have the QR code but the app asks for an arrival test reference number, which I don't have since I am transiting.

Seems to render the app pretty useless. what am I missing?
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EP
Have u looked at the requirements for Italy???

Originally Posted by momus99
I am traveling this weekend to Italy and am planning to use Verifly. I entered my Covid vaccination records and it was accepted. Now, it won't let me enter my Covid test from today (when I got to my "checklist" there's an item "Covid-19 Test Review" with a green check, which is weird, since I haven't entered anything, and when I tap on it nothing happens. Is this a bug or is the app trying to say that if proof of vaccination is provided, no Covid testing needs to be submitted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.