Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA PHX-LHR flights??

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2023, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Originally Posted by Centurion
What is the current plane and seat config on PHX>LHR? Is the Aerolopa seat map accurate for business class? www.aerolopa.com/aa-772-type-2. In particular I am concerned about 1a being to near the forward lavatory. Other seat maps indicate seat 1a and the lavatory are separated by the forward exit door.
Try this

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Am...77-200ER_E.php

As I recall the lav is before the cockpit door, NOT immediate to 1A
Though 1A is kind of not great (nor 1l) due to the galley lighting nearly always on. The dark horse if you want to be in the front is 1d a 1h if it's not a full flight - don't see the galley lighting ever bothering those two seats

Recall that the door used to board is typically behind the lav that is behind row 5
SeatGuru is inaccurate; it has not been updated in years and is hopelessly out of date. aeroLOPA, which is owned by one of our moderators, has the most up to date seat maps of AA aircraft.

I have recently been on an AA 777-200ER Type 2 (the only difference from Type 1 is that Type 1 has alternating front and back facing rows in business class and Type 2 has all front facing seats) from TLV to JFK. The Lav is exactly where it is depicted in the aeroLOPA map, between seat 1A and the L1 door. The entry to the lav faces the door or the cockpit, not the aisle. Seat 1A is generally reserved as a relief pilot rest seat on flights longer than 8 hours and is not assigned to passengers.
jerry a. laska and JJeffrey like this.
Old May 19, 2023, 9:56 pm

Do you know why seats1D and 1H are not recommended on some seat map sites?

Originally Posted by TWA884
SeatGuru is inaccurate; it has not been updated in years and is hopelessly out of date. aeroLOPA, which is owned by one of our moderators, has the most up to date seat maps of AA aircraft.

I have recently been on an AA 777-200ER Type 2 (the only difference from Type 1 is that Type 1 has alternating front and back facing rows in business class and Type 2 has all front facing seats) from TLV to JFK. The Lav is exactly where it is depicted in the aeroLOPA map, between seat 1A and the L1 door. The entry to the lav faces the door or the cockpit, not the aisle. Seat 1A is generally reserved as a relief pilot rest seat on flights longer than 8 hours and is not assigned to passengers.
Old May 19, 2023, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Try this

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Am...77-200ER_E.php

As I recall the lav is before the cockpit door, NOT immediate to 1A
Though 1A is kind of not great (nor 1l) due to the galley lighting nearly always on. The dark horse if you want to be in the front is 1d a 1h if it's not a full flight - don't see the galley lighting ever bothering those two seats

Recall that the door used to board is typically behind the lav that is behind row 5
The lav placement is correct on the aerolopa maps for the 772s. The lav placement you are referring to (on the cockpit side of 1L door) is the 777-300.

As noted by TWA884, seatguru is not reliable.

For more detailed discussion of best J seats on the 772, see:
Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Super Diamond seat
Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business
JJeffrey, TWA884 and Kacee like this.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; May 19, 2023 at 11:12 pm Reason: add links
Old May 20, 2023, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by remedy
BA 289 is a B77W now.
That's a bummer. Must be seasonal. Shows as 350 again beginning in October.
N830MH likes this.
Old May 20, 2023, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by remedy
BA 289 is a B77W now.
Originally Posted by Kacee
The 777 used on this route still has Club Suites at least, for the few dates I checked.
Kacee likes this.
Old May 21, 2023, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, just for seasonal. Right now, it is very slow during summer months. They will put A350 back in service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.