Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA PHX-LHR flights??

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2021, 4:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Centurion
Some us are hopping those 77W get moved to domestic routes.
PHX-LHR has never been a 77W.
Old May 28, 2021, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Although AA is resuming LHR-LAX which might be a significant update.
The only AA LHR routes that are not operating at this time is PHX, RDU and BOS with the side-note that BOS never started after it's intended inaugural date in April 2020.
Old May 28, 2021, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Although AA is resuming LHR-LAX which might be a significant update.
The only AA LHR routes that are not operating at this time is PHX, RDU and BOS with the side-note that BOS never started after it's intended inaugural date in April 2020.
The only one of those remaining that I'd see starting anytime soon would be BOS. I don't see PHX or RDU happening again at the moment. RDU maybe if the corporate contracts that keep that route alive start business travel again, at a level that justifies the flight.
Old May 28, 2021, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
The only one of those remaining that I'd see starting anytime soon would be BOS. I don't see PHX or RDU happening again at the moment. RDU maybe if the corporate contracts that keep that route alive start business travel again, at a level that justifies the flight.
Didn't notice previously that BOS-LHR is actually starting on 3 June.
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
In the Arizona Republic today (5/28)

"Meanwhile, American Airlines tentatively has flights from Phoenix to London Heathrow returning in August. British Airways shows its nonstop on the schedule for July."
Old May 29, 2021, 3:59 pm

BA are offering F until Oct 4th, Then it reverts to only J
BA seem to change back and forth from 4 class to 3 class every month or so.
My August F booking was changed to J, then I called to change back to F when the plane went from an A350 to 12F 777

I'm hoping at least one of AA or BA restart the PHX route iin time for my August vacation, as connecting in DFW in summer will be risky
Old May 29, 2021, 6:08 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Didn't notice previously that BOS-LHR is actually starting on 3 June.
It looks pretty lightly loaded from the seat map -- my bet is that they cut it down to 3x/week or something pretty quickly until the UK opens up to vaccinated Americans.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Ty Vil
PHX-LHR has never been a 77W.
Right! Only on 77E aircraft.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:22 am

AA PHX-LHR flight has just been pushed back to Aug 17, 2021

BA still (for now) restarts July 10th
N830MH likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SteveinA2

Not really sure I understand the point of having both airlines flying this route.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmd320
Not really sure I understand the point of having both airlines flying this route.
Pre-COVID with the lack of TATL flights from PHX, both AA and BA had very decent loads.
Out of PHX, their only competitor pre-COVID was Condor and business travelers preferred a full service carrier and without that many choices, both BA and AA were easily able to fill their super-high-J 747-400's and their 777-200ER's respectively.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SteveinA2

Not good! I don’t think I can go to Switzerland next year. I have connections flight to BSL via LHR. It’s whether if they restarts PHX-LHR flight anytime soon. Guess we won’t know for sure.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N830MH
Not good! I don’t think I can go to Switzerland next year. I have connections flight to BSL via LHR. It’s whether if they restarts PHX-LHR flight anytime soon. Guess we won’t know for sure.
BSL is actually located in France and you could enter the Schengen Area through the French border over there.
If you are vaccinated and haven't been to the red list countries that France has defined within the last few days before travel, you should be able to fly.

Although, it might be complicated to tell that this to the AA agents in PHX as they might not be aware that BSL has a French entry/exit gate for non-Schengen arrivals/departures.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

BSL is actually located in France and you could enter the Schengen Area through the French border over there.
If you are vaccinated and haven't been to the red list countries that France has defined within the last few days before travel, you should be able to fly.

Although, it might be complicated to tell that this to the AA agents in PHX as they might not be aware that BSL has a French entry/exit gate for non-Schengen arrivals/departures.
Got it! Thanks! I am still planned to see my brother for next year. I am not sure if Switzerland reopen the borders. He will come pick me up at BSL airport.

PS. I already take vaccine by last month. So now, it's done!
Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N830MH
Got it! Thanks! I am still planned to see my brother for next year. I am not sure if Switzerland reopen the borders. He will come pick me up at BSL airport.

PS. I already take vaccine by last month. So now, it's done!
By next year I wouldn’t be concerned at all. There will probably be another flavor of the year by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.