Search

AA PHX-LHR flights??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
AA PHX-LHR flights??

What happened PHX to LHR flights? They supposed to resume the flight for this month? Did they change the flights? Did they suspended the flight to December 1st??
Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by N830MH
What happened PHX to LHR flights? They supposed to resume the flight for this month? Did they change the flights? Did they suspended the flight to December 1st??
It would appear that AA has indefinitely suspended it until April 2021 whereas British Airways has limited select service in December and onward.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
It would appear that AA has indefinitely suspended it until April 2021 whereas British Airways has limited select service in December and onward.
Actually, the flight#194 scheduled to resume on March 21, 2021. I just got Twitter from American Airlines.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Nobody expected the US Presidential Proclamation to stay active for more than 6 months when the PHX-LHR route was first postponed to December.
UK hasn't established a travel corridor with the USA ( -> quarantine ), nor the USA is accepting visitors & several visa type holders arriving from the UK

So, IMO, for an unforeseeable future, this route would remain BA only with x3 weekly flights only.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:13 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Nobody expected the US Presidential Proclamation to stay active for more than 6 months when the PHX-LHR route was first postponed to December.
UK hasn't established a travel corridor with the USA ( -> quarantine ), nor the USA is accepting visitors & several visa type holders arriving from the UK

So, IMO, for an unforeseeable future, this route would remain BA only with x3 weekly flights only.
I don’t understand. If the borders are shut down to foreigners who is flying on these flights???
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:56 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by 355F1
I don’t understand. If the borders are shut down to foreigners who is flying on these flights???
it will be those that have dual citizenship with UK and US as well as UK citizens with Green Cards as well as those allowed to reside with Visa’s e.g. L1 and the same for US citizens current living in UK. There will be others who will be given a special exemption due to work and personal reasons.
Flights are generally not busy - my upcoming flight to Philly on EF only has 20+ seats allocated. My BA flight to UK from Chicago had less than 40 passengers.
355F1 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Not "who" but "what." In some cases there may be enough cargo for a route to be somewhat more economical to operate (at reduced frequencies) than the low pax numbers would suggest.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
I just saw that MIA-LHR and ORD-LHR are cancelled in December (at least around the days I wanted to fly) (19th)
Old Oct 30, 2020, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines

I am.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
The UK border is not closed to American citizens. There is just a compulsory 14-day quarantine requirement. I know a number of people who have traveled to the UK in the last few months.

With that said, I don't see PHX-LHR starting any time soon. If it ever does, I'd give it a few years before it actually happens.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
Actually, the flight#194 scheduled to resume on March 21, 2021. I just got Twitter from American Airlines.
how strange.. I saw your tweet to AA ...time to buy lottery tickets
N830MH likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by cmd320

With that said, I don't see PHX-LHR starting any time soon. If it ever does, I'd give it a few years before it actually happens.
My vote goes for 2023 if the flight is ever resumed...
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 9:52 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by enviroian
I am.
why...???
Old Oct 30, 2020, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
why...???
family
355F1 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
There are people flying thru LHR to places in Europe open to Americans, like Serbia.......(if it is still open.. it was when I looked in July)
cmd320, 355F1 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.