Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAPremierGuy
As of 9/21:

Flights under 900 miles
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
Flights between 900 and 2,199 miles / up to 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • No snacks, alcohol or food for purchase
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only

In First:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.*
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • Drinks, including alcohol, by request only
  • No drinks served before departure
*Not available on American Eagle flights.

Flights over 2,200 miles* / over 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • No snacks or food for purchase
  • No alcohol or meals except on long-haul international flights

In First and Business:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • Meals served on one tray, not in courses**
  • No drinks served before departure
  • Alcohol will be available
*Includes transcontinental and Hawaii.

**Some domestic and short-haul international flights will include a fruit and cheese plate instead of tray meal service and will also have snack basket service before landing.

cmd320 notation (unofficial): the 2,200mi + section for F and J is a bit misleading. Domestic flights within the continental US other than premium transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO, MIA-LAX on 77W) do not receive a full meal and instead only see a sandwich/fruit and cheese plate.

fly747first notation (official) MIA LAX on 772 receives full meal and amenities as Flagship Business except for lounge access

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Just wondering, did you ask? I hate having to ask, it feels kind of needy (imagining the eye rolls now), but I plan to, and if I am refused, will certainly write in to AA to have them FA documented for not doing their job (the same FAs do for pax not wearing masks).
Sometimes yes and was still refused, and sometimes, as said above, I just resigned my fate and didn't bother with the fight.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 7:21 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
AA1625 LAX-PHX yesterday:

FA was happy to provide me with a soft drink in Y.

AA321 PHX-DCA:

Very light load, and it looked like the majority of pax came directly from the LAX-PHX flight. Snack bags handed out during boarding. No request announcement made, and no announcement was made about new mask requirements (the lead FA read the old script about how to wash your hands instead). The lead FA was walking through the cabin at one point during the flight, and I asked him for a Diet Coke. His response was "No, water only. I guess I can get you a water but you were given a snack bag during boarding".

Wrote a letter to AA during the flight. Upon leaving the aircraft after landing I asked him why he wasn't able to give me a soft drink per policy and if the flight was miscatered, and he just looked at me and responded with a sarcastic "Have a good night!". I really wanted to say something back, but it isn't worth it. I highly doubt that a flight of that length would not have any drinks on board.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I’m hearing of deteriorating FC service more and more on AA mainline recently....FAs particularly in FC just hiding and not answering call buttons....and the above awful behavior.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
..FAs particularly in FC just hiding and not answering call buttons...

Maybe the 10/1 clearing house action will rid the airline of this dead weight.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 5:34 pm

PHL-CLT in a 321 yesterday. PDB offered only to row 1. Not sure why - we were fully loaded and sat there to wait for baggage and what appeared to be maintenance for plenty of time. Once in the air the FA proactively served everyone and even had time for refills. CLT-CHS on a CR9. PDB offered and proactive service in the air as well. There are some really great crews out there doing everything they can.

Both flights were pretty full. I expected that PHL-CLT, but not so much coming into CHS.
enviroian, AANYC1981 and Drwaz99 like this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:48 am

My wife flew MIA-DFW and said the FA on her flight offered a PDB in F and then offered multiple refills in the air.

My wife complimented the FA upon landing and the FA said she was embarrassed to receive a compliment for doing her job, but admitted not all her colleagues are "coming to work ready to work".
Old Jul 6, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian

Maybe the 10/1 clearing house action will rid the airline of this dead weight.
In a "Perfect" World it would work that way, unfortunately we don't live in a perfect World. and AA and/or the FA Unions don't seem too concerned about Poor Performance? RT
asnovici and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I’m hearing of deteriorating FC service more and more on AA mainline recently....FAs particularly in FC just hiding and not answering call buttons....and the above awful behavior.
I am glad to say not my experience on PHL-BOS today - no PDB but FA was very proactive in offering drinks once in the air and a cookie! Came to my seat multiple times checking if I wanted refills. As it was a morning flight I only had coffee and water!🙂
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Is JFK-LAX Flagship J just as lacking?

Last edited by the phoenix; Jul 6, 2020 at 6:27 pm Reason: typo correction
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by the phoenix
Is JFK-LAS Flagship J just as lacking?
When did AA start offering flagship J to LAS?
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by cmd320
one finger typo, corrected
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 9:35 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
For thirteen minutes, today only.
wrp96 and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Anyone do CLT-SEA? It looks like it meets all the meal requirements for F service but is showing only refreshments?
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
Anyone do CLT-SEA? It looks like it meets all the meal requirements for F service but is showing only refreshments?
I noticed this too with BOS-PHX.....it used to say breakfast as it’s over 2,200 miles but now it just says refreshments
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:16 pm

Yes.....would like to know as well. I noticed a change a little under a week ago that the CLT-SEA flight use to have dinner and now has refreshments listed. I also noticed flights that were between 2.5 hrs and 4.5 hrs previously had beverage service listed in first but has changed to refreshments. We are taking the CLT-SEA flight in under two weeks. Guess we will find out at that time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.