Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAPremierGuy
As of 9/21:

Flights under 900 miles
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
Flights between 900 and 2,199 miles / up to 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • No snacks, alcohol or food for purchase
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only

In First:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.*
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • Drinks, including alcohol, by request only
  • No drinks served before departure
*Not available on American Eagle flights.

Flights over 2,200 miles* / over 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • No snacks or food for purchase
  • No alcohol or meals except on long-haul international flights

In First and Business:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • Meals served on one tray, not in courses**
  • No drinks served before departure
  • Alcohol will be available
*Includes transcontinental and Hawaii.

**Some domestic and short-haul international flights will include a fruit and cheese plate instead of tray meal service and will also have snack basket service before landing.

cmd320 notation (unofficial): the 2,200mi + section for F and J is a bit misleading. Domestic flights within the continental US other than premium transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO, MIA-LAX on 77W) do not receive a full meal and instead only see a sandwich/fruit and cheese plate.

fly747first notation (official) MIA LAX on 772 receives full meal and amenities as Flagship Business except for lounge access

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
My hope was that an injection of humor might brighten ones spirits. My apologies.

Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Whoa. I hadn't heard of that, so I googled it. Wish I hadn't.
Old May 31, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
My hope was that an injection of humor might brighten ones spirits. My apologies.
No worries!
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Looks like the reduced meal policy has now been extended through July. Have flights booked in F in late July that still showed meals last week, but now shows 'beverage service.'
Old May 31, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by msr0013
Looks like the reduced meal policy has now been extended through July. Have flights booked in F in late July that still showed meals last week, but now shows 'beverage service.'
Lets see how that "beverage service" will actually work and if those FAs will deliver. Odds are not in our favor on this.
Old May 31, 2020, 12:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by asnovici
Lets see how that "beverage service" will actually work and if those FAs will deliver. Odds are not in our favor on this.
FWIW I haven't had a flight since April in which FAs didn't do full beverages in F and beverages on request in Y.
asnovici and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old May 31, 2020, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by msr0013
Seems to be through end of August actually.
Old May 31, 2020, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by CMK10
FWIW I haven't had a flight since April in which FAs didn't do full beverages in F and beverages on request in Y.
Are you getting nuts in F? Figuratively and literally? lol
Old May 31, 2020, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is this the same with Eagle FAs? I think it's disappointing that they can't follow their mainline counterparts...from the pax perspective, it's all the same airline even if it's not on the backend.
Old May 31, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by enviroian
Are you getting nuts in F? Figuratively and literally? lol
No, even on midcons all I've been getting is the same snack bag the whole plane gets and on shorter flights no food at all.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this the same with Eagle FAs? I think it's disappointing that they can't follow their mainline counterparts...from the pax perspective, it's all the same airline even if it's not on the backend.
It is the same. I had a couple Eagle flights last week (an E75 and an CR7) and they still did drinks.
SkyTeam777 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old May 31, 2020, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Is this the same with Eagle FAs? ...from the pax perspective, it's all the same airline...
Not to this passenger.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Herb687
Not to this passenger.
That's too bad. Airlines are trying to make regional jet experience as close to the mainline operation as possible, but clearly, that is not always the case. Stay safe an see you in the sky
Old Jun 1, 2020, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's too bad. Airlines are trying to make regional jet experience as close to the mainline operation as possible, but clearly, that is not always the case. Stay safe an see you in the sky
For most passengers when they book on aa.com and they are flying a DBA American Eagle airline they assume they are getting aa.com

Until AA provides a link to book on envoy.com or mesa.com this trend will continue.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 10:45 am

Update from a weekend trip with some longer flights, all in F

5/29 AA 1537 RDU-ORD A-319: No PDB, full beverages in F, request only in Y. No food in F though I saw the FAs eating bags of pretzels

5/29 AA 1838 ORD-PHX 737-800: No PDB, full beverages in F, request only in Y. The whole plane was given this bag when boarding:

5/31 AA 1920 PHX-DCA A-321NEO: No PDB, full beverages in F (lots of refills too), request only in Y. The whole plane was given this bag when boarding:

5/31 AA 4441 DCA-RDU EMB-175: No service of any kind in either cabin. The lead FA disappeared to the back the whole flight

The way home was rough. The lone place open at PHX was a Wendy's with a huge line. Nothing at all was open at DCA.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 10:50 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Loving the full sized water bottles AA is giving out (ahem DL).

Interesting the water AA is giving out is Nestle branded and AA also just swapped in Nestle sparkling lime water in lieu of Dasani.....coincidence?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I knew you slid this one in here for my viewing pleasure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.