Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2016 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seat etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2016 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seat etc.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by cbasti1
Hey,
I need to fly from Phoenix to Paris next January.
I've got two possibilities with AA.
- PHX-MIA-CDG with MIA-CDG in First class operated in 777-300ER with the old cabin
- PHX-DFW-CDG with DFW-CDG in business class operated in 787-9

Which option seems to be the best one ?

You stand a pretty good chance of the 777 being downgraded to a CIP aircraft without F, so you might as well save yourself the hassle and take the J from the get go. The difference between the two products isn't signuficant anyway.

I'd also rather connect in DFW to a long haul product vs a four hour flight to MIA on a narrowbody.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Regardless, I'd probably go with PHX-DFW-CDG on the 789...
-Newest plane and J hard product
-Shorter flight in domestic F & longer flight in int'l business
-MIA-CDG on the old 777 runs a risk of equipment change to a new 772 with no F
-I Personally don't think AA's F is worth the miles or money over J on European flights (my opinion)
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg

You stand a pretty good chance of the 777 being downgraded to a CIP aircraft without F, so you might as well save yourself the hassle and take the J from the get go. The difference between the two products isn't signuficant anyway.

I'd also rather connect in DFW to a long haul product vs a four hour flight to MIA on a narrowbody.
+100 ^

I'd rather do the short PHX-DFW hop in domestic narrow-body F and then a long-haul overnight in B789 than a long domestic narrow-body F and then a shorter overnight TATL.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:11 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
You stand a pretty good chance of the 777 being downgraded to a CIP aircraft without F...
That just happened to me last week.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Hey,
- PHX-MIA-CDG with MIA-CDG in First class operated in 777-300ER with the old cabin

I assume you meant 777-200ER. I also vote for the 787-9 option. AA first is basically the business service in a more spacious seat- more like business+ than true first.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Hey,

I agree with everything said above and also recommend DFW because clearing CBP and TSA formalities will be much better than the same at MIA. Seems like I am always seeing posts about MIA PreCheck or PriorityAAccess lines not open or other issues with them.

Do you have any AA/oneworld status?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hey,

I'd go with the 787-9 with the B/E Aerospace Super Diamond seats in J and DFW than a 777 that could be switched to,a 772 and have to deal with MIA, as well as other reasons mentioned by my fellow members.

Mind you, it's winter and DFW and ice do not play well. I'd still opt for DFW, however.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: AF Ultimate, BA Gold, LH senator, EK Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I agree with everything said above and also recommend DFW because clearing CBP and TSA formalities will be much better than the same at MIA. Seems like I am always seeing posts about MIA PreCheck or PriorityAAccess lines not open or other issues with them.

Do you have any AA/oneworld status?
I've got BA gold status. So One world emerald
With all your answers i think I'm going to fly back to France through DFW in Business class.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: AF Ultimate, BA Gold, LH senator, EK Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Paid or award? If paid, what's the fare difference? Just so there's no confusion, AA's older plane would be a 777-200ER.

Regardless, I'd probably go with PHX-DFW-CDG on the 789...
-Newest plane and J hard product
-Shorter flight in domestic F & longer flight in int'l business
-I Personally don't think AA's F is worth the miles or money over J on European flights (my opinion)
Paid ticket... 700$ more in First class.
I think I'm going to come back in france through DFW
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
In November I'll fly the A333, 772 (CIP) and 77W in business class.

Can you stream from Spotify to the IFE system, so effectively listen your own music on the Bose headset?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:14 am

Flying to BOS, any lie-flat business seats?

Flying to BOS early next year. Are there any planes that fly to BOS that have lie-flat business seats, and if yes, how do I figure out which routes to BOS have such planes? Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Flying to BOS early next year. Are there any planes that fly to BOS that have lie-flat business seats, and if yes, how do I figure out which routes to BOS have such planes? Thanks!
I suppose it would be most helpful to know where you're flying from, and whether you're restricted to flying AA or would consider oneworld partners who may offer a better product.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Domestically, you can take the A321T to/from JFK. It has lie-flat in First class and the business cabin (which is sold as economy). There is an occasional A330 from CLT-BOS with lie-flat. There are also sometimes 75L to/from MIA and seasonal service to/from CDG also with NGBC.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Domestically, you can take the A321T to/from JFK. It has lie-flat in First class and the business cabin (which is sold as economy). There is an occasional A330 from CLT-BOS with lie-flat. There are also sometimes 75L to/from MIA and seasonal service to/from CDG also with NGBC.
You can also now add seasonal A330 from PHL with full-flat as well as 75L with angled NGBC. Unfortunately BOS sees a decent amt. of lie-flat these days, but only on the shortest mainline routes!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:46 pm

Some of my flights on google are returning "Airbus A321 (Sharklets)" as the aircraft. How do I figure out if this is the A321T or just a normal A321?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Microwave
I suppose it would be most helpful to know where you're flying from, and whether you're restricted to flying AA or would consider oneworld partners who may offer a better product.
Restricted to AA. What I need is to search for direct flights to/from BOS that operate on aircrafts that have lie flat seats. Is there anyway to do that? I can piece my itinerary from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.