Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2016 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seat etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2016 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seat etc.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:41 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Regardless, the A330 seats are hands-down better IMO. (note: I'm quite tall and broad shouldered). I also like the built-in IFE so I'm not at the mercy of the (often lazy) FAs who want to collect tablets with an hour to go in the flight.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
A330 for sure
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by werDrD
Planning a trip to Italy and have the option of booking 767 out of Milan or A330 out of Venice in Biz. Any suggestions or experiences of which is better?
Definitely A330. The 767s are kind of like a J "lite" product. Never liked them for intercontinental premium cabin travel.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
AA DFW - MIA 777 seat map

I searched, but I could not find the answer:

I'm looking at the options from DFW to MIA on 3/14/17. Many of the flights show a 777, but AA's seat chart looks like a smaller plan 4 rows 1st class, MCE 5- 8, & Normal 9-34. Seatguru has a much different configuration. In fact, aa shows only 6 seats wide in the main cabin.

There is one flight with a 772 which the AA map and seatguru one match.

Is the former using a different plane and mislabeling it a 777? Any ideas?

TIA.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
It seems like every flight that day that's scheduled as a 777 is showing a LUS 321 seat map. The one that is scheduled with a 772 (the refurbished version of a 777) looks correct. Could either be a set of seat map errors, of which I've seen plenty over the last few months, or there could be equipment swaps in progress.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico
I'm looking at the options from DFW to MIA on 3/14/17. Many of the flights show a 777, but AA's seat chart looks like a smaller plan 4 rows 1st class, MCE 5- 8, & Normal 9-34. Seatguru has a much different configuration. In fact, aa shows only 6 seats wide in the main cabin.

SeatGuru is utterly and completely useless at telling you which seatmap your flight will have based on flight number and date. In fact it creates more confusion than it solves with situations like this. Your best bet is to look at the seatmap aa.com is showing and compare that to the known seatmaps in SeatGuru or Seat Expert and use that as a guide.

If AA are showing 37 business class seats, that's the config that's loaded—SeatGuru definitely don't know more than AA do.

Also, as an aside, according to EF there's only one 777 scheduled from DFW to MIA on that date, not sure why there's a disconnect between EF and aa.com but I'd go with the one EF shows as a 777 myself (AA1425). Of course, in the next 3 months that could all change...
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico
I searched, but I could not find the answer:

I'm looking at the options from DFW to MIA on 3/14/17. Many of the<script id="gpt-impl-0.2012644995679303" src="https://securepubads.g.doubleclick.net/gpt/pubads_impl_107.js"></script> flights show a 777, but AA's seat chart looks like a smaller plan 4 rows 1st class, MCE 5- 8, & Normal 9-34. Seatguru has a much different configuration. In fact, aa shows only 6 seats wide in the main cabin.

Is the former using a different plane and mislabeling it a 777? Any ideas?

TIA.
It's a 772, with the new J seats, I was just one it, my flt # was 1412. Nice ride for that 2 hour flight.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
It's a 772, with the new J seats, I was just one it, my flt # was 1412. Nice ride for that 2 hour flight.
Do you think AA71 from DFW to LAX on 1/18 has the same situation?

aa.com is stating this as a 777, AA Cargo widebody schedule is showing this as a 777 as well. However, the seat map or view my trip both shown the aircraft as 32B.

If it is a 32B, not sure if I should try flying on the 788 two hours later
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by The ITDA
Do you think AA71 from DFW to LAX on 1/18 has the same situation?

aa.com is stating this as a 777, AA Cargo widebody schedule is showing this as a 777 as well. However, the seat map or view my trip both shown the aircraft as 32B.

If it is a 32B, not sure if I should try flying on the 788 two hours later
A "32B" could be an A321S (or A321H ETOPS, theoretically) or A321T. If we're going to discuss aircraft configurations, it's probably best to use them accurately. (32B merely means it's an A321 with Sharklets wingtip devices and doesn't equate with much of anything else.)
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
A "32B" could be an A321S (or A321H ETOPS, theoretically) or A321T. If we're going to discuss aircraft configurations, it's probably best to use them accurately. (32B merely means it's an A321 with Sharklets wingtip devices and doesn't equate with much of anything else.)
Sorry for not making this clear and I had some incorrect info.

Under "My Trips", it is showing 32B as the Aircraft, but if you click in the seat map, it shows "AA 71Airbus Jet Travel time: 3h 28m" with a LUS 321 seat map (with no 9A,9B,9C,9F,22A,22F).

aa.com "book flights" as well as aa cargo's widebody schedule are both showing 777.

Both AA71 on 1/17 and 1/19 are showing a 777 seat map.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by The ITDA
Sorry for not making this clear and I had some incorrect info.

Under "My Trips", it is showing 32B as the Aircraft, but if you click in the seat map, it shows "AA 71Airbus Jet Travel time: 3h 28m" with a LUS 321 seat map (with no 9A,9B,9C,9F,22A,22F).

aa.com "book flights" as well as aa cargo's widebody schedule are both showing 777.

Both AA71 on 1/17 and 1/19 are showing a 777 seat map.
Yeowch! A mess! No LUS 32B, of course - they're all A321 (no Sharklets).
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:33 am

DUB-JFK in J. Help / suggestions needed!

Hi all

I'm looking to fly DUB-JFK in J in May with decent fares currently on offer with BA/AA. I'm OneWorld emerald so want to stick to the alliance.

DUB-JFK direct is 752 or I could route via LHR for same price and fly on 772. My questions are;

Will the752 likely be one of the upgraded ones and if so is it a decent ride? Or am I better to go via LHR and fly 772? Alternatively I could always fly BA 744 which I usually do but would like to try something new (or am I best stick with tried and trusted?)

Thanks all (and merry Christmas)
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:39 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
i would stick with upper deck on the Ba 744 as the upper deck 747 experience is destined for extinction and most consider it a unique product, the next best is the AA 777 hard product ok , soft product might be mediocre or good you never know. ymmv
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: NATCA
B789 kdfw-lemd

Anyone reviewed the new BC seats on this route yet ?

Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Hi all

I'm looking to fly DUB-JFK in J in May with decent fares currently on offer with BA/AA. I'm OneWorld emerald so want to stick to the alliance.

DUB-JFK direct is 752 or I could route via LHR for same price and fly on 772. My questions are;

Will the752 likely be one of the upgraded ones and if so is it a decent ride? Or am I better to go via LHR and fly 772? Alternatively I could always fly BA 744 which I usually do but would like to try something new (or am I best stick with tried and trusted?)

Thanks all (and merry Christmas)
AA is in the process of updating the J seats on the int'l 757 fleet, but only a few aircraft are done at the moment. It's best to plan on the old config NGBC slanted lie-flat product, and if you happen to get a new config consider it a nice treat .

That said, DUB-JFK is about the shortest TATL flight out there, and for the westbound daytime flight I find the NGBC seats to be perfectly comfortable. Service and food will otherwise be the same. No way I'd backtrack to LHR with the extra 3 or 4 hrs of travel time and added hassle of an extra connection, re-clearing security, etc., just to get on the crappy BA J product, which is dated as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.