Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2016 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seat etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2016 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seat etc.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by andiiiiiiiiii
we would appreciate any advice for four seats in the abovementioned business cabins. We are two adults and two 4 year old twins.

For the A330-200, would you recommend a complete row (ACFH) or rather an AC pair, or a CF pair? Can you walk through between seats CF?

For the B777-200 I have no idea about these rear facing seats I think I would like to avoid them, but maybe it would be nice if we would sit opposite each other so that we can face each other - is that possible? Would ADHL be a good choice or rather a DH pair, front and rear???

Any advice highly appreciated!
Both planes have a 1 2 1 seating, you can not walk through seats. Not sure how your children are, but maybe its best to take a whole row, that way at least there is one adult overlooking one child.

On the 777 you can seat opposite each other, but have no visibility of each one. The rear looking seats are not bad, nothing wrong with, I've flown like that many times. The one thing to keep in mind with the 777 is that the seats share the same platform, meaning that movement on the seat will be felt by the other seat. There are some "unconnected? seats that dont suffer from this problem, but those are usually taken out first. They are 1 A, D, H, 7 A, L, 12 A, L. I still think that my opinion on seating stands. Maybe look at this thread to get an idea on the 777, there is another one on the 330 as well.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eat-seats.html

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 3, 2016 at 1:37 am Reason: Added quote for continuity post merge
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I think you will want to be all in the same aisle. Some combo of 2 windows and 2 aisles.

The rear bulkhead in BA CW would be perfect if that would be an option- adults on each aisle and two kiddos in the middle.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
737-8 or Non transcontinental A320/319

Hi guys and girls
We are in the process of trying to sort out a trip from LAX to the Caribbean either in Dec 2016 or Jan 2017. There are a lot of options with AA (TPs to BA to reattain OW Emerald) but it is very unclear which aircraft have PTV and there seems to be quite a variation of seating and amenities such as personal charging points, wifi etc. Delta seem to show what each aircraft has but not so clear on AA.com.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Front or back?

Other than the small F cabin on the 319 it really isn't that different. If you can get a widebody on a LAX-MIA leg that is much better up front.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Only the LAA 319s and newer 738s have AVOD. The A320 nadas. AA has been moving around LAA and LUS a/c on routes so what you think you get today you might not get by day of travel. I would go with best schedule and from AA a wide body to MIA if possible.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:11 pm

Sorry, should have said in F. Need the TPs.
The 772 books into business rather than the more expensive first. The 767 doesn't seem to come up on our potential dates of travel. So might need to do LAX-CLT-MIA. Any idea of transfer times since one of them gives me 36 minutes in CLT which worries me!!!

Last edited by Dselvan; Oct 2, 2016 at 12:15 pm Reason: Forgot to add some more explanation
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:48 pm
Suspended

I'd avoid a 36 minute connection in any AA hub, particularly if missing your connection would mean you would not get to your destination that day. Why the issue with booking the 777 in J? Its a hell of lot better than F on a 321, particularly a LUS321 with no IFE/AVOD.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:07 pm

Hi newyorkgeorge
The connecting flight from BA from the UK precludes it without an overnight stay near LAX. Nothing is set in stone yet, so might still end up doing either the 772 or 767 if possible.
Thank you.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi newyorkgeorge
The connecting flight from BA from the UK precludes it without an overnight stay near LAX. Nothing is set in stone yet, so might still end up doing either the 772 or 767 if possible.
Thank you.
Try Priceline or Hotwire for a 3 star hotel or better and only select a location that has a hotel shuttle. I'd overnight it in LA just to break up the trip. If you are in for more adventure rent a car and stay in the Manhattan Beach area, West Hollywood, Marina Del Ray or Santa Monica
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:16 pm

Thank you. Will do. By the way The 767 looks like are replaced on the A321s on LAX-MIA. Are they the new ones with AVOD since they obviously are not the transcon A321 flying to JFK.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Thank you. Will do. By the way The 767 looks like are replaced on the A321s on LAX-MIA. Are they the new ones with AVOD since they obviously are not the transcon A321 flying to JFK.
Yes they are.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HHonors Gold; IHG Platinum
American Eagle (Republic) to fly B717?

I was checking for flights between PHL and CMH around the Christmas holiday on aa.com and cross referencing with EF. On aa.com, for some flights operated by Republic as American Eagle, the seat map is unavailable and seat selection not possible. On EF, on the search results page of flights it says it's an E175, but when you click to view the seat map, it says it's a 717-200 and displays 4 across in F. Definitely not an E175.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
That has to be a glitch. If it were a 717, Delta would want to buy it
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: AF Ultimate, BA Gold, LH senator, EK Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
787-9 Business class or old 777 First class

Hey,
I need to fly from Phoenix to Paris next January.
I've got two possibilities with AA.
- PHX-MIA-CDG with MIA-CDG in First class operated in 777-300ER with the old cabin
- PHX-DFW-CDG with DFW-CDG in business class operated in 787-9

Which option seems to be the best one ?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by cbasti1
Hey,
I need to fly from Phoenix to Paris next January.
I've got two possibilities with AA.
- PHX-MIA-CDG with MIA-CDG in First class operated in 777-300ER with the old cabin
- PHX-DFW-CDG with DFW-CDG in business class operated in 787-9

Which option seems to be the best one ?
Paid or award? If paid, what's the fare difference? Just so there's no confusion, AA's older plane would be a 777-200ER.

Regardless, I'd probably go with PHX-DFW-CDG on the 789...
-Newest plane and J hard product
-Shorter flight in domestic F & longer flight in int'l business
-MIA-CDG on the old 777 runs a risk of equipment change to a new 772 with no F
-I Personally don't think AA's F is worth the miles or money over J on European flights (my opinion)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.