Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
May sound tacky, but I always grab a small tube of Pringles in HKG or JFK. They fit perfectly in the cutout by the closet in each suite. The blinis on CX are utter rubbish. The lightness, heft and saltiness of the Pringles better compliment the caviar. I didn't believe it either, until I tried it.
That is one of the more bizarre things I have heard but now I am sorely tempted to try them.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by 25milesfromhome
That is one of the more bizarre things I have heard but now I am sorely tempted to try them.
https://www.instagram.com/p/86IyedtEnL/

http://i2.wp.com/littletravelersnote...ze=1500%2C2000

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 8, 2016 at 8:31 pm Reason: Removed image tags from large picture
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:56 pm
Community Director Emerita

May sound tacky, but I always grab a small tube of Pringles in HKG or JFK. They fit perfectly in the cutout by the closet in each suite. The blinis on CX are utter rubbish. The lightness, heft and saltiness of the Pringles better compliment the caviar. I didn't believe it either, until I tried it.
Agree. I detest Pringles and yet this sounds intriguing.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Okay, you got me. Next F flight on CX.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I don't know what to believe anymore.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Okay, you got me. Next F flight on CX.
Can't wait until CX starts to cater Pringles.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:26 pm

Is this the only HiDef picture in existence of caviar on Pringles?

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 8, 2016 at 8:31 pm Reason: Removed image tags from large picture
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QR site no longer let you select CX seats?

As recent as in December I was able to use QR site to select CX seats on AS awards while on CX site all the desirable seats are blocked for OW Elites.

However today after upfared from J to F on an AS award I went to QR site to select seat but found the seat selection function is no longer there.

Has anyone who is not OW Emerald has been able to use QR site to select CX seats recently?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:39 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Happy
As recent as in December I was able to use QR site to select CX seats on AS awards while on CX site all the desirable seats are blocked for OW Elites.

However today after upfared from J to F on an AS award I went to QR site to select seat but found the seat selection function is no longer there.

Has anyone who is not OW Emerald has been able to use QR site to select CX seats recently?
Use the RJ site. I did it today.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
LHR-HKG and vv still an ongoing problem with AAdvantage. JL, QF and BA always showing the same F and J availability but does not match at all with what AA can see. This is based on multiple attempts to book over the last year. Sometimes they see nothing at all and sometimes they only see 1 seat as available when all other partners show 2 as available. Is annoying when there is no reliable way to know availability before calling them up. Even called Australia office and makes no difference. Unsure if this is an AA system or whether AA/CX is blocking seats on this route.

Has anyone found any way to overcome this problem on this route?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pogonation
LHR-HKG and vv still an ongoing problem with AAdvantage. JL, QF and BA always showing the same F and J availability but does not match at all with what AA can see. This is based on multiple attempts to book over the last year. Sometimes they see nothing at all and sometimes they only see 1 seat as available when all other partners show 2 as available. Is annoying when there is no reliable way to know availability before calling them up. Even called Australia office and makes no difference. Unsure if this is an AA system or whether AA/CX is blocking seats on this route.

Has anyone found any way to overcome this problem on this route?
Try calling Australia office they seem to see seats the US-based agents cannot see.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:19 am

Try calling Australia office they seem to see seats the US-based agents cannot see.
If you read above I already tried calling them. They saw exactly what the UK and American offices saw
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pogonation
If you read above I already tried calling them. They saw exactly what the UK and American offices saw
Sorry I missed that. Can you fly from CDG?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:22 am
Suspended

The only award inventory that I'm aware of that that's applicable to (and/or, proven for,) is EY.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:23 am

Sorry I missed that. Can you fly from CDG?
Needs to be the night flight with CX for a connection so nothing from EU will work unfortunately. Usually I just bite the bullet and fly via EU but this time won't work unfortunately. Just wish this problem would get resolved. Seems strange that it is just this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.