Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM
What are A fares on CX? Potential upgrade seats? EF is showing me F5 A5 on JFK-HKG. My flight is 12 days out, can I expect, barring these seats are not sold, that 4 will come online nearer to departure?

On ExpertFlyer, what class code letter should correspond to OW availability for awards?

EDIT: oh it seems that awards are not available on CX... any guidance on how to make sense of the F5 A5 moving forward (I'm assuming 4 seats will be released prior to the flight if nothing is sold...)

Last edited by ZKrunk; Jan 3, 2016 at 12:16 pm
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by ZKrunk
What are A fares on CX? Potential upgrade seats? EF is showing me F5 A5 on JFK-HKG. My flight is 12 days out, can I expect, barring these seats are not sold, that 4 will come online nearer to departure?

On ExpertFlyer, what class code letter should correspond to OW availability for awards?

EDIT: oh it seems that awards are not available on CX... any guidance on how to make sense of the F5 A5 moving forward (I'm assuming 4 seats will be released prior to the flight if nothing is sold...)
EF doesn't support CX awards.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:30 pm

I'm at 15 days out from return. Best I can tell is CX allows me to dummy book 4 F seats and I already have 1 in F (looking to upgrade my husband from J) so looks to be mostly open. At what point should I start heavily monitoring availability to try to upgrade him? 1 week? 5 days?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by lizs
I'm at 15 days out from return. Best I can tell is CX allows me to dummy book 4 F seats and I already have 1 in F (looking to upgrade my husband from J) so looks to be mostly open. At what point should I start heavily monitoring availability to try to upgrade him? 1 week? 5 days?
11 was my furthest out (when flight was F5).
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by CGRA
What there is on this second and third screen ?
The More I learn the less I know...
Like any website, the first page of flight options pops up, you have to manually move to subsequent pages. It sounded as if the system automatically displays AA flights first, requiring intrepid agents to tab to a 2nd of 3rd screen to find CX nonstops.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:17 pm

Others have mentioned this. It appears that the AA screen does indeed present AA itineraries first, and partner flights afterwards. This means that the CSR may need to page to the end in order to find CX or JL flights on a given routing, particularly if AA also flies that route.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Like any website, the first page of flight options pops up, you have to manually move to subsequent pages. It sounded as if the system automatically displays AA flights first, requiring intrepid agents to tab to a 2nd of 3rd screen to find CX nonstops.
Originally Posted by Counsellor
Others have mentioned this. It appears that the AA screen does indeed present AA itineraries first, and partner flights afterwards. This means that the CSR may need to page to the end in order to find CX or JL flights on a given routing, particularly if AA also flies that route.
Thank you both
On AA.com, seems that only AA metal is offered for award on LAX-SYD.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CGRA
On AA.com, seems that only AA metal is offered for award on LAX-SYD.
No, thats not the case, QF is offered when available.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM
When looking at ExpertFlyer for itineraries CMB-HKG-JFK, EF shows me different amounts of J inventory for the same flight CMB-HKG (CX610, once a day) but connecting to different HKG-JFK flights. Picture attached.

Why is this?
Attached Images  
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
When looking at ExpertFlyer for itineraries CMB-HKG-JFK, EF shows me different amounts of J inventory for the same flight CMB-HKG (CX610, once a day) but connecting to different HKG-JFK flights. Picture attached.

Why is this?
It's capped based on the availability of the connecting flight.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: UA GS
I've been checking every few hours for availability on a flight that's in less than 24 hours-- no F seats are opening up, though there are 5/6 available. I'm guessing it's because the other cabins are all zeroed out but wondering if anyone has thoughts. Here's what EF is showing for the flight:

F5 A0 J0 C0 D0 I0 W0 R0 E0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0

Wondering if I should get my life back and stop calling every hour or if there's still hope...
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Johnallent
I've been checking every few hours for availability on a flight that's in less than 24 hours-- no F seats are opening up, though there are 5/6 available. I'm guessing it's because the other cabins are all zeroed out but wondering if anyone has thoughts. Here's what EF is showing for the flight:

F5 A0 J0 C0 D0 I0 W0 R0 E0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0

Wondering if I should get my life back and stop calling every hour or if there's still hope...
Personally, I think you would be a fool to give up at this point. Once we get to the four hour mark, I suppose you must admit defeat. Good luck.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
FWIW, it is regularly noted in the Etihad availability thread that though there is valid inventory, US based agents cannot see it. A quick Skype call to the Australia team works perfectly.

I was trying to book an EY-EY-CX routing and the US agent couldn't see ANY of the legs, and the Australian agent easily saw all 3 and booked it for me.

Worth a try for CX only itineraries too.

Mark
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A is the booking class for discount first class tickets, as well as around-the-world type fares.

Any unsold F seat, except for likely 1, is a potential future award seat.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:26 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS

You should probably see what's available in Y, PEY, and J. If you see a bunch of zeros in the back, they're probably holding on to those F seats for possible upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.