Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2018, 7:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Is that a 1) beef skewer, 2) rat on a stick, or 3) turd on a stick?
As I said, it tasted really good despite how it looked. For as much crap as we give AA I'm going to give them credit for the occasional nice touches like waiters coming around with trays of food at an outstation club.
Old May 26, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
As I said, it tasted really good despite how it looked. For as much crap as we give AA I'm going to give them credit for the occasional nice touches like waiters coming around with trays of food at an outstation club.
Don't judge the skewer by the ….
Old May 29, 2018, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
PHX Low A gates:

Def a step in the right direction.....pretty good turkey sliders, especially dunking them in some of the ranch dressing.

chrisny2 likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
@AANYC1981 that looks awesome
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Visited PHX Low A, LAX T5, HNL and DFW A all last week - gotta say with the new food offerings plus redesigned clubs that are not TOO crowded def made me not regret my AC membership. Had the avocado toast for the first time this AM - hit the spot after a long overnight flight from Hawaii.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
[QUOTE=AANYC1981;29807405]PHX Low A gates:

Def a step in the right direction.....pretty good turkey sliders, especially dunking them in some of the ranch dressing.

QUOTE]
NICE! Is that prepared crudite in the next station over? Looks similar to the midflight snack AA offers in the galley on int'l J flights.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
QUOTE]
NICE! Is that prepared crudite in the next station over? Looks similar to the midflight snack AA offers in the galley on int'l J flights.[/QUOTE]

Yep it is! The sliders were very popular with guests too. Soups were potato leek and traditional tomato which were both really good too.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
QUOTE]
NICE! Is that prepared crudite in the next station over? Looks similar to the midflight snack AA offers in the galley on int'l J flights.
Yep it is! The sliders were very popular with guests too. Soups were potato leek and traditional tomato which were both really good too.[/QUOTE]

whats crudite? Sounds like an explosive.

Today at A club DFW they had the chicken orzo and a cream of asparagus. Only tried the former. It was great.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by enviroian

Yep it is! The sliders were very popular with guests too. Soups were potato leek and traditional tomato which were both really good too.

Today at A club DFW they had the chicken orzo and a cream of asparagus. Only tried the former. It was great.

Crudité is the fancy french term for cut up raw vegetables that you can snack on / dip. Literally translate to raw / rawness

On the soup front, CLT B club had a chimichurri steak soup option that was quite good this past weekend. I'm ready for SFO to change out the watery french onion.
MorganB likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by enviroian

[/QUOTE]

The crudite (vegetables) have also been making an appearance in the afternoons at the ORD H/K Club, but I've not seen them yet in BOS. Hopefully the BOS situation improves now that they're down to a single full service AC.

Huuuge improvements on the AC front though. Between the avocado toast, guacomole, pasta bar, etc. it's great to see ACs catching up or even exceeding the competitors' offerings. For the big three domestic lounges, up until now I thought DL's afternoon buffet was the most generous in their SCs, followed by UA, but the ACs present offering is reversing the trend. When I fly AA, I'm happy that Kirby is UA's problem now, not so much when I fly on UA though...
Old May 30, 2018, 1:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Enjoyed the cart at CLT last Saturday. I was happy it was up and running on a holiday weekend and happier still they have both salmon and prosciutto.
lds89 likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
A friend reports that a make-your-own taco bar has replaced the pasta at ORD today. ^
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
A friend reports that a make-your-own taco bar has replaced the pasta at ORD today. ^
Part of me wonders if they're just taking yesterday's not yet consumed meats from the flagship first lounge and presenting them with taco shells in the AC.

I wasn't there and didn't see the set up though.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
I'll be there on Monday and can post pics
AAEmpireState likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
These are welcome changes. Get bored of the soup after a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.