Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
Ever been to the AA club on the high A concourse at PHX? For the most part, unusable due to the overcrowding of such a small room.
the discussion was about LAX clubs
Old May 8, 2018, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles

All 3 clubs always have some some sort of food on offer. The T4 and T5 clubs even have paid food menus. Only the Eagle Terminal club doesn't offer more than the complimentary food items due to its small size.

As to club size, the Eagle Terminal club is the only small one but its better to have something out there as opposed to nothing.
Yes, I know this. I was referring to the reports of more substantial food that has been popping up in other hub clubs (which was not apparent at LAX T4): pasta stations, sliders, eggs and potatoes at breakfast - all complimentary.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Here is a report of the new food tests: https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...dmirals-clubs/
Old May 8, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Here is a report of the new food tests: https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...dmirals-clubs/
I think the article points out a net positive direction. I actually find it kind of funny that some folks are making fun of the pasta bar, saying that they are offering 50 cents worth of pasta etc. What do they think they are getting at a mid-level Italian chain restaurant when they order a pasta dish (with extra for meats)?
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I think the article points out a net positive direction. I actually find it kind of funny that some folks are making fun of the pasta bar, saying that they are offering 50 cents worth of pasta etc. What do they think they are getting at a mid-level Italian chain restaurant when they order a pasta dish (with extra for meats)?
Agreed......any improvement is an improvement and AA is definitely trying it seems. It will definitely close the gap between SkyClubs and Admirals Clubs which seems to be the case in general with what's happening between AA/DL these days.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Agreed......any improvement is an improvement and AA is definitely trying it seems. It will definitely close the gap between SkyClubs and Admirals Clubs which seems to be the case in general with what's happening between AA/DL these days.
Maybe it's a YMMV thing, but I appreciate the more generous spreads at the Sky Clubs if only because I know that I'll be snack-basket'ed on my flight. Yes, the AA pasta bar isn't the most attractive or elaborate improvement, but I think it's a step in the right direction. If AA takes notices that AC members are taking advantage of the offering, then they'll invest more in the offering. IMO, the AC renovations (and food offerings) were much needed as UA and DL leapfrogged AA wrt lounges. Glad to see AA is closing the gap.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new AC in BOS on the low Bs after renovations. That AC was always one my favorites and I did make it a point to grab my afternoon guacamole and tweet AA accordingly
Old May 8, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Food is better but club is much smaller post renovations.

Definitely doesn’t seem worth the wait while it was closed for most of 2017. At least I ve been able to find a seat lately.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TWA884
There is also a large spacious Admirals Club in T5 (the former Delta Sky Club location).
Shhhh - do not tell the best LAX secret as an AA flier

I do not think i have gone in the T4 AC in months - 5 is just so much more relaxing.
TWA884 likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles

All 3 clubs always have some some sort of food on offer. The T4 and T5 clubs even have paid food menus. Only the Eagle Terminal club doesn't offer more than the complimentary food items due to its small size.

As to club size, the Eagle Terminal club is the only small one but its better to have something out there as opposed to nothing.
Eagle remote lounge also has paid food. I’ve gotten the charcuterie platter and the Caesar salad this month. Not sure if the selection is as big but they also still have sandwiches and salads that you can buy like the bigger lounges
Old May 11, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, IHG Spire Elite
PHX lounge on Wed morning had bacon, egg & cheese sandwiches available.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by yuripa87
PHX lounge on Wed morning had bacon, egg & cheese sandwiches available.
And Friday as well. However, they must have been sitting on the hot plate for awhile the 1st batch I tried was like eating a cracker instead of an English muffin.

Having spent several hours there this morning the club in the low A's was not well maintained. Out of coffee, out of half/half out of 2% for about 45 minutes. Can't complain to staff unless you can find them. The bartender is captive so she was getting the complaints...
Old May 12, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, WN, SPG
I had both the bacon, cheese, and egg muffin sandwich and the turkey sliders in the low A club in Phx last week, as my visit overlapped late breakfast and early lunch. Both were actually quite good.

Old May 14, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
No food love at LAX right now.....this has got to be the smallest AC for a hub...totally ridiculous....and I’m number 6 on the upgrade list ugh
They screwed it up with the redesign, but T5 is incredibly roomy, nice and spacious. I don't fly AA anymore, but I do stop by the T5 before my Alaska flights. I like it a lot. And with only 5 AA gates in Terminal 5, it's always empty.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Was in a bit of celebratory mood on Friday, so I decided to buy a mini of the Mionetto prosecco at the AC in BOS. At $14 for a mini bottle, I really wish AA would improve the "premium" spirits for purchase. The prosecco is fine for what it is; however, both DL and UA offer more premium options and at $14 for a mini, when a 750 ml bottle retails for about that, I will not be making that mistake again any time soon.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Was in a bit of celebratory mood on Friday, so I decided to buy a mini of the Mionetto prosecco at the AC in BOS. At $14 for a mini bottle, I really wish AA would improve the "premium" spirits for purchase. The prosecco is fine for what it is; however, both DL and UA offer more premium options and at $14 for a mini, when a 750 ml bottle retails for about that, I will not be making that mistake again any time soon.
also SkyClubs are getting complimentary bubbles and rose per a recent update about the DCA club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.