Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
At the ORD HK club yesterday in the wee hours of the morning, the buffet spread had a "power yogurt" with various berries and grains to combine with yogurt... Sorry, no pictures and didn't sample it; but it seems to be an improvement over the mini muffins.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I was just told at the CLT AC that they are switching to the "Just Water" that the FSLs have had for a while. Apparently they had it yesterday but ran out (so they're serving Deer Park today). I find that you can taste the packaging of the Just Water, so I wasn't too pleased to find this out.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:02 am

Your thoughts on today's email?? "We're going beyond the straw. Sustainability efforts are underway."
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Your thoughts on today's email?? "We're going beyond the straw. Sustainability efforts are underway."
"eco-friendly" is expensive. Part of me thinks the reason for the price increases is to compensate for using "green" cups, bottles, etc. Recycling isn't cheap folks.
cheaptom likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:12 am

Beyond virtue signaling, you mean? Or trying to shave off some bucks on the cost to operate lounges? I hope the Newsletter means AA will ditch the paper soup bowls and the tacky silver plastic utensils, which are hardly "premium" and certainly not eco friendly...

Truthfully, this caught my attention: "Look for our new wines across the lounge network with hand-picked selections from our two master sommeliers." The current vinos gratis need to go... Paying $14 for something drinkable gets old... It's the least AA could do given the membership price increases LOL
cheaptom, AANYC1981 and enpremiere like this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: CK or bust
"We're going beyond the straw. Sustainability efforts are underway."
I see. They never said anything about the environment, just straws.

Raising the membership cost, adding the same day OW restrictions, and shoving customers to the Citi Executive card are helping the drive to profit sustainability.
cheaptom likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by enpremiere
I see. They never said anything about the environment, just straws.

Raising the membership cost, adding the same day OW restrictions, and shoving customers to the Citi Executive card are helping the drive to profit sustainability.
Getting rid of straws is the p.c, thing to do nowadays. Even if it costs us customers more money. Oh well.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I'm hearing people at ORD-H/K are getting comp splits of bubbles with no chit or CC needed.......is this a new positive change for the clubs (UA I believe has a complimentary bubbles option as do SkyClubs). I'm not there right now or else I'd ask myself.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I'm hearing people at ORD-H/K are getting comp splits of bubbles with no chit or CC needed.......is this a new positive change for the clubs (UA I believe has a complimentary bubbles option as do SkyClubs). I'm not there right now or else I'd ask myself.
UA and DL both offer comp bubbles. And, it's never too late for AA to catch up, I haven't had Andre since undergrad...cheers
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
UA and DL both offer comp bubbles. And, it's never too late for AA to catch up, I haven't had Andre since undergrad...cheers
I'll be there on Monday and will "take one for the team" and test it out!
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
At DFW A today, the meatball sliders are being served, but the meatballs and buns are separated, so you can build your own. This was a suggestion that I (and I'm guessing others) provided, since MANY people were taking multiple sliders and combining them into one (throwing away the extra buns), since the way they were originally serving them had too few meatballs for the size of the bun. Nice that they are listening to feedback (or at least reacting to what they're observing people do).
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:55 pm

And DFW A also has the "new and improved" "Just Water".
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
MIA D30 club apparently has just reopened. Will see how it looks tomorrow.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA - My other choices are severely limited
So last Thurs (10-18) my 5:45pm MIA-LGA was departing from Concourse E. Last time I step foot over there was probably 10 years ago.
Checked into the AC (not as bad as I imagined) and after settling in I sauntered over to the open bar an practically vapor locked.
Besides having very very good selection of adult beverages, low and behold there was a bottle of Duke Kentucky Bourbon, John Wayne's signature whiskey. WTH?
It not a really expensive bottle but something I just wouldn't except to find at an Admiral's Club.
Naturally I had more than one.

BTW, IMO this club beats the D's on food by a wide margin. (of course I'm not counting the FL)
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
At dfw A there is a new snack in the gerbil feed towers. It’s a crunch cheese cracker blend and is very tasty!
Spanish likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.