Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
First time using the club via Citi Executive card.

Ugh, Bud, Bud Light and Coors Light are the only free beers?

Out of principle, I'm not rewarding bad behavior by buying a ''premium' Sam Adams, Anchor, or the like

​​​​​
"Premium" beers at stadium prices to boot.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I just heard from a bartender at DFW that after the current batch of "Just Water" is depleted, all clubs are switching back to Dasani, in large part due to "customer feedback". I personally welcome this news.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
ORD-H/K in the afternoon and there are no signs up to what the "special" food is today in either section......apparently it's spinach and artichoke dip and some unknown chickpea mixture but the pita rounds are back over by the normal crudite which makes no sense. Kind of weak considering what's been offered recently between the taco bar and meatballs. Club staff is heard moaning about what a terrible idea is to have the S&A dip out because of the smell LOL.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Dec 4, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by ikwia
I just heard from a bartender at DFW that after the current batch of "Just Water" is depleted, all clubs are switching back to Dasani, in large part due to "customer feedback". I personally welcome this news.
That Just Water stuff has a weird taste from the package. Good riddance!
MisterTanaka likes this.

Last edited by aamilesslave; Dec 4, 2018 at 3:31 pm
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
One thing I've wondered - why are the LAA clubs willing to be more generous with drinks that the LUS clubs? I've never been turned down for a Long Island (using well, of course) at DFW, while CLT always refuses and says it's not permitted. Is that just more LUS cheapness in CLT?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Superguy
One thing I've wondered - why are the LAA clubs willing to be more generous with drinks that the LUS clubs? I've never been turned down for a Long Island (using well, of course) at DFW, while CLT always refuses and says it's not permitted. Is that just more LUS cheapness in CLT?
As long as they use well liquor it shouldn't be an issue AFAIK.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
sitting in the ORD H/K club and just discovered the little marshmallow cubes with the toasted coconut coating. Also liked the rice crispy cubes at JFK.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:29 pm
Suspended

LGA AC and no fresh ground pepper or salt shakers.....just chintzy mini packets like you’d find in an NYC deli....
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Superguy
Bartenders at CLT have explained to me that they're not supposed to do doubles of free liquor because of local laws/ordinances. I'm not sure if this is true, but I've heard it several times (usually while they pour a very generous "single"). I suspect this is why they can't do a well Long Island.

Last edited by ikwia; Dec 7, 2018 at 8:56 am
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Nice attempt with artichoke dip at around 19:00 on the bar area buffet at ORD HK, but truthfully, to be avoided. No taste, just kind of a pasty mess. The hummus was much better.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Never seen this before but at DFW-A there is a guy double fisting red wines LOL
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Never seen this before but at DFW-A there is a guy double fisting red wines LOL
Speaking of A AC. Since it has remodeled have more stuff out. C still has normal stuff. Sitting in A right now and a crappy warm corn salad. ( I only say this cause lots of onions which I hate with a passion. ) Probably good to 96% of other people. They still had the breakfast sign on top of food bar and almost took a pic and sarcastically .....ed about it to see how many agreed with me.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by shaddie

Speaking of A AC. Since it has remodeled have more stuff out. C still has normal stuff. Sitting in A right now and a crappy warm corn salad. ( I only say this cause lots of onions which I hate with a passion. ) Probably good to 96% of other people. They still had the breakfast sign on top of food bar and almost took a pic and sarcastically .....ed about it to see how many agreed with me.
soups? CA medley and minestrone still?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shaddie

I'm with you. I don't understand, based off my hate of onions, and thus myopic view, why they add onions to dishes that are to be consumed by a broad audience. Full disclosure, I also hate mayo, creamy dressings like "ranch" and so forth. Can get hard to find something suitable out there for us, the picky types.
chitink likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:58 pm

flagship lounge>>admirals club.

the admirals club was a hot mess when we went one time. snacks on the floor, barely any seating, loud, etc...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.