Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Admirals Club Food and Beverage Master Thread

FOR SPECIFIC LOUNGE, ACCESS, MEMBERSHIP ETC. THREADS SEE LOUNGE DASHBOARD (link)
Donald.Trump likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 25, 2018 at 1:57 pm Reason: update
Old Jul 15, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Made to Order Guacamole in Admirals Clubs

I was leaving the Concourse D CLT Admiral's Club yesterday and I noticed a line of about 10 people waiting at a moveable kiosk-type area and there was a person making what looked to be guacamole to order. There was a bowl of chips and it appeared that people had a choice of what they could put in it. I'm usually in AC's about once a month and have never seen this before. Was this a figment of my imagination or is this something new being tried out?

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before.
Donald.Trump likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Sounds like some bad hooch is being served as complimentary liquor at ACs again....

OK bad joke aside, if true, this is likely a temporary promotion of some sort. It would be an AWESOME addition to the AC fare if something more permanent.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
They have done omelettes and burritos before at DFW and other major clubs.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are many food items that lend themselves to "made to order " but I don't think guacamole is one of them.
There's pretty much only a few ingredients once you put in the avocados. Guacamole and chips would be a nice addition to the AC bit I don't see the need to have people lined up to get their guacamole without onions or something.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
That sounds absolutely awesome - I would totally eat way too much of it if it came to ORD.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
I saw that on Wednesday afternoon, but I was running out to my gate so I couldn't stop and investigate further. So, OP's report is confirmed (and I wasn't drinking at all).

That would be a nice addition if it is permanent. I haven't been flying much in the last 6 weeks so I don't know if that is also going on anywhere else or how long it has been operating at CLT.

EDIT: Not sure what the food item actually was. I thought it was some kind of salad but the assortment of ingredients sure looked "Mexican" (American style Mexican, that is) to me.

Last edited by pa3lsvt; Jul 15, 2016 at 11:23 am Reason: salad or guac? we may never know.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by corky
There are many food items that lend themselves to "made to order " but I don't think guacamole is one of them.
There's pretty much only a few ingredients once you put in the avocados. Guacamole and chips would be a nice addition to the AC bit I don't see the need to have people lined up to get their guacamole without onions or something.
Perhaps not, but fresh guacamole made from scratch is miles better than store-bought. I'd see this as the main draw, not necessarily the customization.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Guacamole made to order is perfect, I don't understand your confusion. Ever been to a Mexican restaurant where they make it right at the table? Freshly-made guac is miles better than anything out of a package, and it takes minutes.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Many of the upscale Mexican establishments that have popped up in the last few years have them and cost around $10-12. I think the 'made to order' is more a play on freshness, but some bring it to your table on a trolley and you can add cilantro, queso Fresca, etc to your liking. Cantina Laredo & Besito come to mind and are chains; there are also several local places offering it.

In your area Pink Taco at Century City has it.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Rick Bayless restaurants have been doing tableside guacamole for at least 27 years.

Fresh made also eliminates the darkening (natural) that can occur when prepared guacamole sits around.

And as for ingredients, I want no part of guacamole with ersatz ingredients, like peas. To me, it is Haas avocados, minced white onion, a dash of lime juice, and a bit of garlic and salt. I also don't want tomatoes/tomatillos or even cilantro in the guacamole itself, though they are fine as on-the-top garnishes.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Is this complimentary? I know a few years back before the complimentary food was expanded they would do a breakfast meal in some ACs for like $12. I was in the B CLT AC on Wednesday and just saw frustrated flyers trying to get to LGA (numerous cancellations). I assume the OP meant the C club, no AC in D.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akcae
Guacamole made to order is perfect, I don't understand your confusion. Ever been to a Mexican restaurant where they make it right at the table? Freshly-made guac is miles better than anything out of a package, and it takes minutes.
Who said out of a package? Of course freshly made is good...I make it all the time. I just don't see the need to make people stand in line for their own little customized guacamole. Make a bowl of it and let people help themselves.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Who said out of a package? Of course freshly made is good...I make it all the time. I just don't see the need to make people stand in line for their own little customized guacamole. Make a bowl of it and let people help themselves.
It would be like just making some generic omeletts and letting people put stuff on top. Not only will they get old just sitting there, not cooking the ingredients inside the omelette makes all the difference.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
It would be like just making some generic omeletts and letting people put stuff on top. Not only will they get old just sitting there, not cooking the ingredients inside the omelette makes all the difference.
I eat Mexican food often. ....very few places make it table side to order. The AC is not a restaurant. I doubt that fresh guacamole and chips would sit out for hours. ..people would eat it.
I just don't see the point of a line forming while a person peels and chops avacodo one by one for each person rather than making a batch in the kitchen and putting it out. But I guess that's just me. . The AC is not even close to a restaurant so I prefer speed and convenience. ..I don't expect gourmet anything and even at a restaurant I don't expect everyone at the table to want their guacamole prepared a different way .
I'm not objecting to guacamole. ...it's great. I don't want to wait in line to have it prepared especially for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.