Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Interesting...have only been to DCA in the AMs for quite some time, but surprised that they are not standardized. I've seen them at all of the usual East Coast clubs like MIA, so I don't think it's an east/west thing.

Personally, I've never tried one because that means one less brownie bite, which is a tradeoff that I'm unwilling to make.
Maybe the DC club sees Rice Krispies as being too pedestrian for the white-shoe types at DCA.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Maybe the DC club sees Rice Krispies as being too pedestrian for the white-shoe types at DCA.
Indeed, it would be rather tacky to mix a Rice Krispie treat with a DCA AC Coors Lite...

If anything, injera might be the most appropriate snack for the PMAA club there. And I say that lovingly because the bartenders and hosts at DCA are generally fantastic IME
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I secretly tell myself its not us, the Washingtonians, it's Doug Parker..... it's probably us though.

Is there any timeline to upgrading the C-pier club? I hope it isn't aligned with the Project Journey schedule...
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I'm interested to see what happens when they open the new club in the DCA pier that is under construction.
AANYC1981 and Spanish like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by grapkoski
Is there any timeline to upgrading the C-pier club? I hope it isn't aligned with the Project Journey schedule...
The C pier LUS club, with its numerous bar tables, useful changing rooms, and runway-view work cubes? Jeez, knowing AA, I hope they don't "upgrade" anything about it. Biased because it is where I begin 75% of my weeks, but it is one of my favorite in the system.

Now the LAA club could certainly use an expansion.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by arlflyer
The C pier LUS club, with its numerous bar tables, useful changing rooms, and runway-view work cubes? Jeez, knowing AA, I hope they don't "upgrade" anything about it. Biased because it is where I begin 75% of my weeks, but it is one of my favorite in the system.

Now the LAA club could certainly use an expansion.
Well I feel you there, but I know the 'special person' lounge to the right will always be there. So any extra space would have to come from conference rooms I'd hope. Plus, Sunny is an absolute dream and somehow remembers me. My favorite club will always be TPA and luckily that's a 'Cheers' like atmosphere I hope they never get rid of.

I thought the same thing about the the LAA club, but then jetBlue was given prime view office space.

On a non-AA note, I keep hearing rumbles about a Centurion lounge post-'Journey'... we shall see.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
LGA AC right now.....witnessed some weird behavior. One of the managers, was waving to a Sodexo employee like to hurry up and get the soups out and it was barely 11am and the lunch cutover time. The whole Sodexo staff (minus my favorite bartender) seem to be working like robots and under fear. Very strange.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by grapkoski
... Plus, Sunny is an absolute dream and somehow remembers me...
Sunny is wonderful!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
What’s the best ORD club for good and drinks? Is it H?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by donotblink
What’s the best ORD club for good and drinks? Is it H?
Yup, close to the food court.

Keep your expectation low though - other than avocado toast nothing too special..and it's usually packed.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
For some reason ORD-H/K has not been putting out that warmed spinach dip in the afternoons.....only the pita wedges.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
For some reason ORD-H/K has not been putting out that warmed spinach dip in the afternoons.....only the pita wedges.
I saw it once in the 12-2pm time frame in the past month, but I normally go to the mixed nuts now.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Gold
Like the "Neapolitan Mix" they have had in the Snack Towers of Sadness. Pink yogurt covered raisins, white yogurt covered cookies and chocolate covered . . . brownie I think? Good when mixed with nuts and pretzels for a sweet/salty mix.
donotblink likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
I saw it once in the 12-2pm time frame in the past month, but I normally go to the mixed nuts now.
Has anyone seen the upgraded food options any more? I have not seen anything in several weeks during AM or PM at DFW A or ORD H/K. It seems we are back to the old food only.

Also, at least at ORD, HMS Host will be replacing Sodexo as the lounge operator around April 1st. Not sure if this is the reason for the lack of upgraded F&B, or what changes, if any, we will see with HMS Host coming in. I understand that much of the line staff is converting over from Sodexo to HMS Host with the transition of management.

FWIW, HMS Host is the vendor that puts out the delAAyed snack carts at the gates, at least at DFW and ORD.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:01 am
Suspended

I’d be curious why the change since Sodexo has been with the lounges for many years.....did something happen or just cost cutting?

Glad to see the ORD Sodexo staff will move over though as they’re the sweetest and nicest people for the most part (that’s Chicago in general for you!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.