Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by badkneeski
Soon, we'll introduce complimentary made-to-order avocado toast stations inside select clubs. The offering will be available every morning, and you'll be able to add toppings like tomatoes, prosciutto and smoked salmon. Stations will roll out first in Charlotte (CLT), Washington Reagan (DCA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), Phoenix (PHX) and Philadelphia (PHL).
Avocado toast? But how will they afford a mortgage now?
Old May 4, 2018, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Anyone have intel on what I am seeing as real food being rolled out to select AC's? So far I have seen pics of scrambled eggs and potatoes, turkey club sliders, pasta stations. I haven't seen anything like this at LGA or ORD recently......but would be impressed if this is rolling out on a larger scale.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
So far I have seen pics of scrambled eggs and potatoes, turkey club sliders, pasta stations.
Are these photos on someone's blog? Is there no notation of what club attached to these pics? Can you post a few?
Old May 4, 2018, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by enviroian
Are these photos on someone's blog? Is there no notation of what club attached to these pics? Can you post a few?
PHX & ORD were the two called out.....PHX now also has branded "hydration stations" with some type of cherry (infused water?) which supposedly helps calm and get rest. Yes, there are lots of photos too but doesn't seem right to post here if the photos are not mine.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:10 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
PHX now also has branded "hydration stations" with some type of cherry (infused water?) which supposedly helps calm and get rest.
The United Club at IAH has Jalapeno infused water which doesn't sound good but wow it's great.
Old May 5, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
PHX & ORD were the two called out.....PHX now also has branded "hydration stations" with some type of cherry (infused water?) which supposedly helps calm and get rest. Yes, there are lots of photos too but doesn't seem right to post here if the photos are not mine.
ORD H/K has had the pasta twice that I know of. Once when I was there. I'll be there tomorrow and will report in.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Spoke with an AAngel today at H/K. She told me they're piloting the "real food" program at three clubs right now throughout the system. They again had pasta at H/K in both areas of the club, along with the soups and the baby-diaper looking humus. I told her this was a huge enhancement and she gave me a feedback card (aa.com/loungefeedback) where I could leave my feedback. Also gave me a free drink ticket.

With that said, hopefully this sticks!
AANYC1981 and thecurtisw like this.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by akarneboge
the baby-diaper looking humus. I told her this was a huge enhancement...
Are you kidding? Sounds disgusting and not sure what you’re referring to anyway.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I’ve seen hundreds of hummus offerings, never had one that looked at all like that.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:23 pm
Suspended

No food love at LAX right now.....this has got to be the smallest AC for a hub...totally ridiculous....and I’m number 6 on the upgrade list ugh
Old May 7, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
The cherry water was at the ORD AC (H/K) on Saturday morning. It was fine, but I agree the UA jalepeno water is oddly very nice. I appreciate the effort though on AA's part.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
No food love at LAX right now.....this has got to be the smallest AC for a hub...totally ridiculous....and I’m number 6 on the upgrade list ugh
There is also a large spacious Admirals Club in T5 (the former Delta Sky Club location).
Old May 8, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
All 3 clubs always have some some sort of food on offer. The T4 and T5 clubs even have paid food menus. Only the Eagle Terminal club doesn't offer more than the complimentary food items due to its small size.

As to club size, the Eagle Terminal club is the only small one but its better to have something out there as opposed to nothing.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Smallest and with the absolute worst "traffic flow" around the food and bar area.
beachfan likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
As to club size, the Eagle Terminal club is the only small one but its better to have something out there as opposed to nothing.
Ever been to the AA club on the high A concourse at PHX? For the most part, unusable due to the overcrowding of such a small room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.