Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:07 pm
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Italian wedding was delicious, though. It was one soup I could get over and over again.

The new choices, not so much. They’re good, but they get old quickly.
It was good, except for the time my wife and I were in one of the DFW clubs a couple months ago and there was only one meatball left in the pot. I let my wife have it.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by OTD
It was good, except for the time my wife and I were in one of the DFW clubs a couple months ago and there was only one meatball left in the pot. I let my wife have it.
Wow, talk about rationing! Those things were tiny.

Then again, I would see people spend two minutes trying to get as many meatballs in their soup as possible. I take it that some people saw it as a challenge.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
LAX T5 AC had a little brunch station set up yesterday at 8 AM. There was toast, a choice of smoked salmon or prosciutto and then toppings of eggs, cheese, avocado and tomato. It was actually really good

jpsj likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I had the corn chowder last week at ORD. It was delicious. I also tried the creamy anaheim pepper soup--also delicious.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by enviroian
I had the corn chowder last week at ORD. It was delicious. I also tried the creamy anaheim pepper soup--also delicious.
Sounds much tastier than the vegetarian minestrone (not bad) the roasted chicken noodles (not much better than Campbell's) which were the only options at the LAX T5 club the last couple of times that I was there (eight days apart earlier this month).
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
MIA D30 had the normal offerings, 2 soups, etc. But they were giving everybody 2 drink chits (regardless of international or domestic). Has this been happening for awhile? Also, the chips for the chips and salsa were really good, feel like they've changed.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Had the roasted chicken noodle soup last night in the DFW B AC. It was a delicious, restaurant-quality soup! Unlike the previous chicken soup, this was very hearty and packed with large chunks of chicken. It also had lots of pasta and carrot bits. Interestingly, it was much more hearty and "premium" than the chicken soup in the Int'l First Class Dining room in the D AC. I was full after several cups. ^^
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Odd situation I hadn't run into before: the RDU AC bar was closed Friday morning. I was at the Club from just after 6 AM until about 7:20 AM and the bar never opened. The shutters were down over the alcohol and no service personnel were behind there to even make non alcoholic drinks.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
Odd situation I hadn't run into before: the RDU AC bar was closed Friday morning. I was at the Club from just after 6 AM until about 7:20 AM and the bar never opened. The shutters were down over the alcohol and no service personnel were behind there to even make non alcoholic drinks.
Odd indeed. I’m wondering if they forgot to renew their liquor license or had it suspended for serving a minor or some other violation. Hopefully just a one time issue, whatever it was.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by OTD
Happy wife.......happy life.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
LGA-D recently had a chuckwagon beef chili which was pretty good.

Had the guacamole at ORD-H/K last week and they don't even mix it together for you. just a plop of guac and then they drop any other ingredients for you to mix in on your own. The chips are industrial grade and the salsa tasted just like Tositios from the jar.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
LAX T5 offered Florentine Pasta Salad yesterday.

Bow-tie pasta lightly dressed, with actual spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Delicious.

Well-done, AA.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:47 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
At IAH on Friday morning, they said that if I could hang around until 11 am or so, they were going to introduce some new food "products". Alas, I had to jet outta to catch a 10:30 am flight. I wonder what the new "products" are? In recent months, the United Club at IAH has upped their game significantly in the food department. I wonder if that, in any way, pressures AA to crank it up a notch?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by MCI777
I was leaving the Concourse D CLT Admiral's Club yesterday and I noticed a line of about 10 people waiting at a moveable kiosk-type area and there was a person making what looked to be guacamole to order. There was a bowl of chips and it appeared that people had a choice of what they could put in it. I'm usually in AC's about once a month and have never seen this before. Was this a figment of my imagination or is this something new being tried out?

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before.
And I’m happy to report it’s still on. In the DFW C Club on Thursday 18 Jan, there was a pleasant and attentive Guatemalan woman (from her speech and accent) serving the guAAc.

She was serving from a cart and had a lot of freshly puréed avocado. She’d put the avocado in what appeared to be a traditional black volcanic stone molcajete and she’d mix with your choice of
  • salt
  • pepper
  • minced garlic
  • diced tomato
  • diced onion
  • freshly squeezed lime juice
  • cilantro
  • diced chile (looked like serrano)
  • cooked yellow sweet corn kernels
The serving was quite decently sized, the totopos (corn tortillas chips) were relatively fresh., if undistinguished. The guacamole was pretty good.

(Photo shows averted face for privacy.)
Attached Images  
chrisny2 and MCI777 like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 25, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:55 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
At least until last week, the same guac setup was also available in the CLT C/D club. If it's not there tonight, I'll be disappointed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.