Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Winter Storm Jonas 22-24 Jan: Cancellations at CLT, DCA, BWI, IAD, PHL, JFK, LGA, EWR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
American Airlines and Winter Storm Jonas Travel Notices and Policy, Resources etc.
22-24 Jan 2015: Cancellations at CLT, BWI, DCA, EWR, IAD, JFK, LGA, PHL
(OSO / Off Schedule Operations, System IROPS / Irregular Operations, Weather, etc. affecting AA flyers)

Please expand and read this wiki for resources.

Information from AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread)

Travel alerts

Link to AA Travel Policy / Travel Notices, including existing Weather Waivers

Relaxed change fee policies

How to change your trip

When severe weather or other uncontrollable events impact your flight and travel dates, you may be able to change your trip with no change fee.

If a travel alert affects you, you may be able to change your trip online if:
  • You booked on aa.com or with American Airlines Reservations
  • Your travel is within the U.S., Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Look for the 'change trip' button to see if your trip is eligible. If not, please call to change your trip.
OSO Resources and Tools, Links

Link to AA Travel Policy / Travel Notices, including existing Weather Waivers

Link to AA travel exception policy for travel agents (now withdrawn from being downloaded by the public)

Off Schedule Operations special numbers

AA OSO (Off-Schedule Operations) Phone: 1.800.446.7834 For those flying AA currently.

(Equivalent IROPS for US was the Disrupted Services line: 800.200.9865)

(Only if you are affected, please! Only staffed during OSO events.[/B]
)
Link to AA cancelled flights on FlightAware

Link to FAA ATCSCC OIS (airport status issues)

Link to North American airport weather delays (FlightStats)

Link to U S airport delays (FlightAware)

Link to cancelled flights (today, to two days out - FlightAware)

Link to FlightAware "Misery Map")

Link to USA Weather Service website

Thread with alternative numbers (wiki) that can be useful during IROPS: Long wait / delay / hold times for Customer Service / EXP, etc. lines (consolidated)

Link to "AA Protection for OSO / IROPS / IRROPS / Misconnect on Separate AA / oneworld Tickets" thread.

Link to FT Original Routing Credit thread

Link to thread: 2015 AA Travel Notices & Policy, resources etc. (OSO, system IROPS, weather, etc.) (pre-merger forum)
Link to 2016 Guide to compensation thread.

Note: Normally weather waivers allow no changes to origin or destination; new dates must be within a few days of the original booking. If your plans are totally hammered (missed my meeting, cruise, etc.) or is interrupted and you can't continue, try the phrase "trip in vain" for cancelling and refunding.

Other ways of contacting AA reservations:

Link to listing of USA other language than English lines.

Code:
Call us
Within the U.S.

Language	   Phone	Hours (CT)
English	          800-433-7300	24 hours, Daily
Spanish	          800-633-3711	24 hours, Daily
Japanese	  800-237-0027	6 a.m. – 12 midnight, Daily
Mandarin Chinese  800-492-8095	7 a.m. – 12 midnight, Daily

Hearing & speech impaired	800-543-1586	24 hours, Daily
Link to worldwide reservations phone numbers.
Print Wikipost

Winter Storm Jonas 22-24 Jan: Cancellations at CLT, DCA, BWI, IAD, PHL, JFK, LGA, EWR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Weird, just looking at the status of some tomorrow flights on aa.com and they are all still showing on time...?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:20 pm

exp line will call me back in 2 hours. kettle line answered with no wait. Love the New American
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I tried to reschedule my flights thru CLT earlier yesterday before it was on the waiver list. Since the trip involves HKG, the fee was going to be $12,400.

So then I wisely waited for the travel waiver to rebook for free.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by 869
exp line will call me back in 2 hours. kettle line answered with no wait. Love the New American
I'm still waiting on a callback from 2 hours ago.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:26 pm

I'm not sure if aa.com pulls from the same database as EF. But everything i looked between my home airport and CLT was showing as cancelled on EF.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:50 pm

Weird thing is right now in Charlotte it is sunny and 48F, 10 degrees warmer than they thought was the high for today. So its a lovely day for stocking up on storm wine.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by charmed
Weird thing is right now in Charlotte it is sunny and 48F, 10 degrees warmer than they thought was the high for today. So its a lovely day for stocking up on storm wine.
Yup...just did that myself^ Glad I'm not flying anywhere the next few days.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
For anyone else wondering, "The Cardinals aren't changing their travel plans because of the weather, spokesman Mark Dalton said. The team's charter flight, on Delta Air Lines, is due to leave Phoenix late Saturday morning."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/trave...onas/79116064/
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by swag
For anyone else wondering, "The Cardinals aren't changing their travel plans because of the weather, spokesman Mark Dalton said. The team's charter flight, on Delta Air Lines, is due to leave Phoenix late Saturday morning."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/trave...onas/79116064/
Ok...

Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
I have just spoken to AA and
it is not the case that ALL AA flights in/out of CLT tomorrow have been cancelled
The agent said all flights to/from airports in the North East have been cancelled, but others are still scheduled
and in particular my two flights - I'm flying MCO-xCLT-LHR
but I'm still worried

Bonehead - can you provide a link to the Ice Map?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They probably just haven't gotten around to cancelling it yet. I would call back and try and reroute through MIA or even DFW.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by wrp96
They probably just haven't gotten around to cancelling it yet. I would call back and try and reroute through MIA or even DFW.
On Tuesday, when I first read about the approaching storm, I got AA to change me from MCO-xPHL-LHR to the only other one that had availability, namely MCO-xCLT-LHR. At that point the forecast said heavy snow for PHL but only sleet for CLT
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With people cancelling, rerouting etc, it is very possible that availability has come open on other routes.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by 869
My guess there are a lot more regular AAgents than there are EXP AAgents. Granted it would be nice to be asked if you want rerouted to the standard line instead. No matter which choice AA does for you there will those that will complain.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
My guess there are a lot more regular AAgents than there are EXP AAgents. Granted it would be nice to be asked if you want rerouted to the standard line instead.
That used to happen automatically. It doesn't anymore?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.