Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Winter Storm Jonas 22-24 Jan: Cancellations at CLT, DCA, BWI, IAD, PHL, JFK, LGA, EWR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
American Airlines and Winter Storm Jonas Travel Notices and Policy, Resources etc.
22-24 Jan 2015: Cancellations at CLT, BWI, DCA, EWR, IAD, JFK, LGA, PHL
(OSO / Off Schedule Operations, System IROPS / Irregular Operations, Weather, etc. affecting AA flyers)

Please expand and read this wiki for resources.

Information from AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread)

Travel alerts

Link to AA Travel Policy / Travel Notices, including existing Weather Waivers

Relaxed change fee policies

How to change your trip

When severe weather or other uncontrollable events impact your flight and travel dates, you may be able to change your trip with no change fee.

If a travel alert affects you, you may be able to change your trip online if:
  • You booked on aa.com or with American Airlines Reservations
  • Your travel is within the U.S., Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Look for the 'change trip' button to see if your trip is eligible. If not, please call to change your trip.
OSO Resources and Tools, Links

Link to AA Travel Policy / Travel Notices, including existing Weather Waivers

Link to AA travel exception policy for travel agents (now withdrawn from being downloaded by the public)

Off Schedule Operations special numbers

AA OSO (Off-Schedule Operations) Phone: 1.800.446.7834 For those flying AA currently.

(Equivalent IROPS for US was the Disrupted Services line: 800.200.9865)

(Only if you are affected, please! Only staffed during OSO events.[/B]
)
Link to AA cancelled flights on FlightAware

Link to FAA ATCSCC OIS (airport status issues)

Link to North American airport weather delays (FlightStats)

Link to U S airport delays (FlightAware)

Link to cancelled flights (today, to two days out - FlightAware)

Link to FlightAware "Misery Map")

Link to USA Weather Service website

Thread with alternative numbers (wiki) that can be useful during IROPS: Long wait / delay / hold times for Customer Service / EXP, etc. lines (consolidated)

Link to "AA Protection for OSO / IROPS / IRROPS / Misconnect on Separate AA / oneworld Tickets" thread.

Link to FT Original Routing Credit thread

Link to thread: 2015 AA Travel Notices & Policy, resources etc. (OSO, system IROPS, weather, etc.) (pre-merger forum)
Link to 2016 Guide to compensation thread.

Note: Normally weather waivers allow no changes to origin or destination; new dates must be within a few days of the original booking. If your plans are totally hammered (missed my meeting, cruise, etc.) or is interrupted and you can't continue, try the phrase "trip in vain" for cancelling and refunding.

Other ways of contacting AA reservations:

Link to listing of USA other language than English lines.

Code:
Call us
Within the U.S.

Language	   Phone	Hours (CT)
English	          800-433-7300	24 hours, Daily
Spanish	          800-633-3711	24 hours, Daily
Japanese	  800-237-0027	6 a.m. – 12 midnight, Daily
Mandarin Chinese  800-492-8095	7 a.m. – 12 midnight, Daily

Hearing & speech impaired	800-543-1586	24 hours, Daily
Link to worldwide reservations phone numbers.
Print Wikipost

Winter Storm Jonas 22-24 Jan: Cancellations at CLT, DCA, BWI, IAD, PHL, JFK, LGA, EWR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Uh oh. Have an overnight scheduled in NYC this Saturday. supposed to land around 6 pm. Need to keep an eye out.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
We (DC) are now under a Blizzard watch. Have to expect an advisory is coming soon.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:22 am

Advice needed:

I am flying: Africa-Doha-JFK (on Qatar, landing in JFK on Friday) and then JFK-BWI-DFW(on AA on Friday) on an AA award ticket.

What would be the best strategy to get re-ticketed to fly DOH-DFW directly?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by globalmagister
Advice needed:

I am flying: Africa-Doha-JFK (on Qatar, landing in JFK on Friday) and then JFK-BWI-DFW(on AA on Friday) on an AA award ticket.

What would be the best strategy to get re-ticketed to fly DOH-DFW directly?
I'd start by calling AA directly now to see if there is any award availability. It should be a free change to rebook if there is award space available. If not, it'll be a bit more of an uphill climb, unfortunately.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Animgif
I'd start by calling AA directly now to see if there is any award availability. It should be a free change to rebook if there is award space available. If not, it'll be a bit more of an uphill climb, unfortunately.
Thanks, already checked and no award availability unfortunately. The National Weather Service just issued a blizzard watch for DC - when will AA consider it an "irrops" situation and rebook me without regard for whether there is award availability or not?

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigw...3#.Vp-1v_l97IU
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:50 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Animgif
If you're stuck on Qatar into JFK, but AA issues a weather waiver, you should at least be able to be rebooked nonstop to DFW.

If you are on the morning arrival into JFK, there is an afternoon nonstop. If you are on the afternoon arrival, you'd have to get yourself over to LGA.

Right now Friday afternoon and early evening is still looking good for the NYC area, but I'd definitely try to avoid connecting in the DC area that day.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
waiting for an advisory so I can arrange getting out of PHL on Thursday instead of Friday
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:04 am

I wonder if I change the ticket now will they refund the money once the alert is issued? I'm trying to redeye tonight and leave NYc tomorrow night.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by surftb15
I wonder if I change the ticket now will they refund the money once the alert is issued? I'm trying to redeye tonight and leave NYc tomorrow night.
My guess is that they won't refund anything unless you have their prior agreement.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
United Airlines have just issued a waiver allowing penalty free changes for Jan 22nd-24th.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:40 am

Last edited by Geauxtigers; Aug 14, 2016 at 10:25 pm
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:19 am

You can make changes now. I called AA and just got reissued.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:30 am

Last edited by Geauxtigers; Aug 14, 2016 at 10:25 pm
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by surftb15
You can make changes now. I called AA and just got reissued.
American says on Twitter that they've issued the waiver:

We just checked and it's in the process of being posted online but you can call the platinum desk, they can assist you now!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:36 am

I reiussed for today , leaving NYC tomorrow night.
Debating just pushing the whole meeting back till next week. hopefully things will be cleared up by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.