Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by bse118
If there were thunderstorms, there was probably lightning. If there are lightning strikes within X miles (I think 5) of the airport, the ground crew cannot be on the ramp. If the ground crew can't be on the ramp you can't park incoming aircraft at the gate (or marshal departing aircraft off the gate).

Frustrating, yes. Nightmare, no. Really not even all that unusual in the course of regular air travel.
More than one AA ramper has died from a lightning strike. It's a very real hazard and AA acts proactively to safeguard employee lives. A very good thing, IMO - as one who has spent significant time on them I can say flightlines can be dangerous enough places without the hazard posed by lightning.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: UA 1K
Surprised zero posts about weather in DFW this weekend. Missed a connection to SAN last night, had to stay over. I was proactive when I saw the delays and asked EXP line to hold me a seat on the flight leaving this morning. They did and it worked out. But not sure I would have been on first morning flight without be proactive.

I'm on a paid F ticket, but was stuck in coach since flight was oversold. At AC this morning the agent noticed my status was incorrect. Even though I was #1 on UPG list, I shouldn't have been on list since I was thru passenger under IRROPS. She fixed it. I disappeared from UPG list and got an F seat just before boarding.

Looks like I'll make my meeting, if so, all is well that ends well.

I do have a question though: had I been stuck in coach, would AA had owed me the fare difference??
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by oysterhead43
Surprised zero posts about weather in DFW this weekend.
There are posts in the long hold times thread.

Missed a connection to SAN last night, had to stay over. I was proactive when I saw the delays and asked EXP line to hold me a seat on the flight leaving this morning. They did and it worked out. But not sure I would have been on first morning flight without be proactive.

I'm on a paid F ticket, but was stuck in coach since flight was oversold. At AC this morning the agent noticed my status was incorrect. Even though I was #1 on UPG list, I shouldn't have been on list since I was thru passenger under IRROPS. She fixed it. I disappeared from UPG list and got an F seat just before boarding.

Looks like I'll make my meeting, if so, all is well that ends well.

I do have a question though: had I been stuck in coach, would AA had owed me the fare difference??
Yes, or if it was an instant upgrade fare, you would've been owed at least a set amount of dollars. Last time it happened to me, I had my refund within a few days.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:58 am
Community Director Emerita

AA has a travel advisory for DFW today. How risky is a one hour turn?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:18 pm

Apparently AA issued a DFW weather waiver yesterday for severe weather due to arrive today, but I didn't get an email about it until 30 minutes before my scheduled departure (which as luck would have it, coincided with the worst of the storm perfectly). The ramp is now closed and won't open until the storm passes, which will likely cause me to miss the last bus home.

I've been traveling for almost 24 hours now from the Middle East and watched the earlier flight to my final destination leave without issue... if only I would have known
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:26 am

I had an MR planned tomorrow from dfw but receive the same email as well. Should I postpone it, has anyone been successful to change to a different day a part from the ones you are allowed to? Other option would be refund but since I used citi TY points I'm not sure how that would work. Thanks for the help!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Weather Travel Advisory Saved Our Bacon!

Was scheduled to fly ORD-DFW on 4/29 connecting to EY for DFW-AUH-MLE on an F Award. Saw the advisory pop up on Thursday evening and started thinking about alternatives. Couldn't sleep at all (pre-trip excitement) and at 4:15am woke up and saw the email from AA saying that there was bad weather coming that could impact our plans. I immediately checked the EY site and saw Guest First availability for JFK-AUH that would keep our connection to MLE intact. Called EXP Desk and they were able to reroute us ORD-BOS-JFK to connect to the EY JFK-AUH flight. The domestic portion was in "T" and the AAgent said that she had to force that availability for us. All got reticketed in a matter of minutes.

I kept tabs on the original flight (AA 2331) throughout the day. At first I thought we made a mistake, the weather didn't look too bad in DFW. By the time we got to Boston, we saw the creeping delay begin. By the time we landed in AUH, we saw that #2331 was 5 hours delayed. The EY flight was delayed over 3 hours as well and I would have been a basket case had we stayed on the original flight.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
AA SFO-LAX-DFW-IND yesterday was so much fun

AA169 SFO-LAX, plane landed pretty hard and while taxing pilot stepped pretty hard on the brakes at some point, jolting everyone.
AA385 LAX-DFW, same plane as above, everyone board in time, then pilot announces they have too much fuel on board and need to unload some. Delay of 45 minutes.

Arrive in DFW about the time my next flight boards, so huffing and puffing from A25 to C20, get to gate 6 minutes closing time. Everyone already board, tell GA I need to go to the bath room, but GA replies with I will not be on the flight than, as she was going to close it now.

I swear if there weren't two other people at the gate, she would have done it, even when I pointed out it is still 6 minutes till closing. and then:

AA1382 one hour delay because of electric issues.

Learned today that IND closed shortly after arrival of AA1382 due to tornado watch.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
DCA, and I'm guessing other area airports are a disaster this evening due to a large thunderstorm system. I was on 3879 to CHS, which did push out, but after an hour and a half of waiting on that Tarmac we cancelled due to crew limits. Many, many flights painting the status screens red. A huge mess. I won't be getting out till tomorrow mid-day. Good luck to anyone caught in this.
Old May 14, 2016, 11:23 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
This thread is not for the discussion of individual flight delays and cancellations. Recent posts have been relocated here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Thanks. /Moderator
Old May 16, 2016, 9:55 am

Please note: with the burgeoning TSA security queue difficulties, we have a thread dedicated to some of the more challenging locations (baggage inspection problems, security queue problems with up to 2:00 for security processing and, where they exist, possible alternatives).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...c-2016-q2.html
Old May 18, 2016, 7:10 pm

Not sure if this is the right place...I noticed on the AA website that there is a travel advisory for the France ATC strike. I am flying DFW-CDG departing late tomorrow (award ticket in J). Googling shows that the strike is supposed to end at 4 AM Friday and I am supposed to land around 9:30 AM.

ANyone have experience with this kind of IRROPS? Just wait and see?
Old May 20, 2016, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyfaraway
Not sure if this is the right place...I noticed on the AA website that there is a travel advisory for the France ATC strike. I am flying DFW-CDG departing late tomorrow (award ticket in J). Googling shows that the strike is supposed to end at 4 AM Friday and I am supposed to land around 9:30 AM.

ANyone have experience with this kind of IRROPS? Just wait and see?
I didn't see this one. But if the strike ended on time, no problem. How did it go?
Old May 25, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Travel waiver issued for DFW this weekend. Trying to change my flight, but don't see the option online even though I meet the criteria, looks like I'll be calling into AA to request a change.

EDIT: AA Ex Plat rep said I have to keep the same routing...how does that even make sense? I'm trying to avoid the possible bad weather by going through a different airport...

EDIT2: HUCA worked. DEN-DFW-GRR to DEN-ORD-GRR; question, does my original upgrade timestamp DEN-DFW now carry over to DEN-ORD (no first ord-grr)?

Last edited by BThumme; May 26, 2016 at 12:04 am
Old May 26, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by JDiver
I didn't see this one. But if the strike ended on time, no problem. How did it go?
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...avelAlerts.jsp

The strike in France is hitting transit hubs, oil refineries, nuclear power stations, etc. as of 26 May 2016. As such, AA has had a travel alert in effect.

Last edited by george 3; May 26, 2016 at 11:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.