Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by PhxFlyGuy
IMHO, it seems like AA was either responsible for scheduling the pilots with no leeway in case of an issue OR, they should have provisions (like a spare deck crew, even in a non-hub station).
I don't believe any airline keeps spare crews at outstations. They would be needed so rarely that it couldn't justify the cost.

Originally Posted by PhxFlyGuy
What strikes me oddly is that the average kettle wasn't putting up much of a flight. No rooms, no food and they generally accepted it. To me this is totally unacceptable.
In my experience, people don't put up much resistance during heavy IROPS because of the physical and emotional toll just getting to the rebooking line takes on someone.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by tom911
I have to wonder if there was something going on with the field at RDU. The 1:47pm Delta JFK-RDU flight was diverted and their 3:55pm JFK-RDU flight has been pushed back to Sunday morning. The DL 8:35pm flight had a 139 min departure delay. Looks like AA and DL flights LGA-RDU also had delays up to 5 hours.
Yes, there were massive delays on July 30 for other incoming flights to RDU as well. AA also cancelled the last flight JFK-RDU. Whatever was going on in Raleigh, DL did not cancel a single flight ATL->RDU.
A couple weeks ago AA was having computer problems in RDU and DL guys told me that it was related to the server at the airport. DL had similar issues at RDU in the past. They had to call passengers alphabetically to board... But again, that were airline problems.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:59 pm

was in PHL all day trying to get to my grandfather's memorial service in PIT, didn't make it. bad weather day nationally; i know these things can happen. but i felt for others...each time my flight (2x) was cancelled, gate agents essentially refusing/unable (not sure which) to provide information on causation or assist with rebooking...WHY NOT?!? they just hand out "the flyer" with the OSO phone number and direct people to the customer service desk (which, in Terminal B, had 2 agents at 1 desk for a 16-gate all-AA terminal). families with elderly parents and young children wrapped in endless queues while on endless hold on the phone. i'm not complaining for myself - i was alone today and have the AAngels in the Admirals Club. but days like these just make me mad at AA on behalf of the general public. i saw total abuse by neglect today, and this seems to be triggered TOO OFTEN, on any day it rains hard enough in enough places. i'm not writing to seek solutions - just to ask, has anyone had an airport day like this that made you not want to fly for a long time? and how did you recover? tonight, i feel genuinely sad that i've spent so much time and treasure supporting this company and its predecessors.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by orvando
was in PHL all day ...
but days like these just make me mad at AA on behalf of the general public. i saw total abuse by neglect today, and this seems to be triggered TOO OFTEN, on any day it rains hard enough in enough places. i'm not writing to seek solutions - just to ask, has anyone had an airport day like this that made you not want to fly for a long time? and how did you recover? tonight, i feel genuinely sad that i've spent so much time and treasure supporting this company and its predecessors.
- This sounds like one of the days at PHL when USAir was still flying separately. I still remember one of such 6 hr delay when I was flying Y on USAir with no AAngels to help. You description of PHL is quite accurate except all shops were closed by 11 pm and my flight did not depart till 3 am. That delay alone cause me to actively avoid any USAir flights for two years ... till they merge with AA and I had no choice. I still trying to avoid flying through USAir hubs though.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:54 am

AA - Run to the Bottom - IRROPs/Elite Recognition/Accommodation

I don't even know how to categorize this post, as it is the combination of IRROPs, Elite Recognition, and accommodation. It definitely shows the inept of the Parker Management to this new merged airline.

LAX-BUF, via PHX and CLT.

1. Gate check LAX-LAS, broke the carry-on.

2. At PHX AC, PHX-CLT equipment swap, and aircraft serving. AAngel mentioned she wouldn't have sent me for flights that will misconnect. I asked if I could get the hotel accommodation if I opted to fly out of PHX next day. Her version: Not empowered to do so; GA Version: Send him to the flight, he would be accommodated. Note: PHX AAngel talked to GA, she couldn't even name me as 'EXP'. Please, no more CPs, learn the AA status level.

3. Misconnect in CLT. During the flight, no information given by the Captain/FA, told to talk to GA in ground. Upon landing, FA asked for non-connecting pax to wait for other connecting pax to get off first. GA didn't even bother to direct us to the connecting gate. Didn't even care if we make our flights or not.

4. AA - Blamed everything for weather. Went to CLT AC. AAngel didn't even look at my PNR then blamed it was due to weather, so no hotel accommodation could be made. I told her it was aircraft servicing, she looked it over, shrugged, and printed me a hotel voucher. No food voucher. Didn't ask, because AC was about to close.

5. Next day, BP barcode didn't scan at Pre-Check. Kiosk didn't recognize my reservation. AA Priority check-in agents gave us all the attitude. Waited for 25min to get the new BP.

Is this is the new AA?

Look, I would have just opted for LAX-ORD leg to avoid all the LUS crap if it it weren't operated by 788.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Jul 31, 2016 at 10:00 am
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:17 am

Definitely agree that ops has been a real sore spot lately. However, I do not think that is a Parker thing; it is a merger integration thing IMO. I flew PMAA and Parker's PMUS for many years, and they each operated more smoothly in my experience than the combined venture now is. Now it is just a case of so many planes, all operating at so close to max capacity, that there just is not the slack in the system that there used to be.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Definitely agree that ops has been a real sore spot lately. However, I do not think that is a Parker thing; it is a merger integration thing IMO. I flew PMAA and Parker's PMUS for many years, and they each operated more smoothly in my experience than the combined venture now is. Now it is just a case of so many planes, all operating at so close to max capacity, that there just is not the slack in the system that there used to be.
Agree, with a thread covering same as well:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:08 pm

I guess i've never questioned the practice for a long time with help available at the Clubs, but why is it that AA gate agents (whether standing idly, or working on a system computer, but not tending to a pending boarding) flatly refuse to help with IROPS issues when they occur? Is management telling them not to do so? Do they not have a full set of tools to deal with rebookings (doesn't seem to be the case)? I just don't get it.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Look, I would have just opted for LAX-ORD leg to avoid all the LUS crap if it it weren't operated by 788.
What's wrong with the 788? LAX-ORD isn't that long; it's not even a transcon.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Stuck in Miami

Hi all,

My sister and her family have been stuck in the airplane at the gate for a while now...thankfully in F. They weather is preventing them from leaving for CDG. Please remind me of the law for deplaning. The plane hasn't moved from the gate, but the door is closed. Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
After three hours, passengers generally must be permitted to deplane or the USA DOT can impose heavy fines on the operating carrier.

In some cases, the airline announces that you can leave the aircraft but then you will/may not be ablle to get back on it if the flight is going to depart.

IIRC there are also some vague comfort requirements, such as water, AC/heat, functioning lavatories, etc.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 2, 2016 at 6:26 pm Reason: correcting autocorrect: lavatory, not laboratory
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:23 pm

They are finally pushing back. Thank you for the quick response.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:33 pm

False alarm. They are still there.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
The weather is really bad in Miami & likely the ramps have been closed due to lightening strikes. So deplaning is not an option. Unless the weather clears the flight could eventually get cancelled:
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
If the jetbridge has already been retracted, chances are they cannot move it again while the ramp is closed. (in order to protect the workers who operate the jetbridge and surrounding ground area)

Sit tight and wait for further developments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.