Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:50 pm

We pushed back. Then captain is now saying we won't be flying soon. Update in another 40 mins. Captain will taxi to runway to chance it instead of returning to gate. Estimated departure 5:30pm....

I'll call AA now...
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Yeah, latest is depart 5:31 arrive 6:54, so a rebook is definitely in order. I'd suggest calling AA while waiting on the plane, if possible.
Originally Posted by chinafish
We pushed back. Then captain is now saying we won't be flying soon. Update in another 40 mins. Captain will taxi to runway to chance it instead of returning to gate. Estimated departure 5:30pm....

I'll call AA now...
FlightAware showed 5:31 40 minutes ago, hence my "1-hr wait"; I'm surprised your captain just told you.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:02 pm

HELP!!
I have a UK mobile phone and I tried to dial their 1 800 433 7300 number and it came up unrecognised.

What number do I need to dial? Any extra prefixes or do I need to cut off any numbers?

Thank you!!!!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
HELP!!
I have a UK mobile phone and I tried to dial their 1 800 433 7300 number and it came up unrecognised.

What number do I need to dial? Any extra prefixes or do I need to cut off any numbers?

Thank you!!!!
UK numbers: 0844-369-9899, 0207-660-2300
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:12 pm

Nevermind.... DC air traffic control says we're not going anywhere until earliest 6:30pm.

So I'll contact ground staff and try to call from a land line or something....
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Nevermind.... DC air traffic control says we're not going anywhere until earliest 6:30pm.

So I'll contact ground staff and try to call from a land line or something....
Might be something the Twitter Team can help with (perhaps at least by holding a seat for you on a later flight).
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:23 pm

What a turn of events. We're talking off in 15 mins.

And the UK helpline told me my ORD LHR flight is booked on etihad stock so I need to call them.

*Head desk*
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:33 pm

FlightAware is predicting 5:36 - 6:59. Typical flight times have been more like 1:40, and with the indirect route that's planned...

Ouch. Perhaps the Twitter suggestion would work better?

ETA: And, they're off! ETA 7:02.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by rjw242
I wouldn't call a 3-hour connection "tight" by any means; to me that's leaving a perfectly reasonable (even slightly long) cushion for delays. It's ridiculous that the agent wouldn't check the bag through, considering both flights are on AA.
I'd consider it tight since it's on two itineraries, even for AA/AA connections since you'll need to manually trigger any needed rebookings. And in this case it seems that it's an AA to an EY-marketed/AA-operated flight.

Originally Posted by ACA321
I'm with you though- I do think the agent should have been able to through-check the bag. Last month a colleague of mine was able to check his bag through CLT-MAD-FRA, when the MAD-FRA was on a separately purchased Iberia ticket.
Which is allowed since AA will do that for OneWorld carriers (of which Etihad isn't one). I suspect your colleague had issues on his return flight if it was the same path reversed since I think all the OW carriers except AA have stopped doing this.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by fordan
I'd consider it tight since it's on two itineraries, even for AA/AA connections since you'll need to manually trigger any needed rebookings. And in this case it seems that it's an AA to an EY-marketed/AA-operated flight.

Which is allowed since AA will do that for OneWorld carriers (of which Etihad isn't one). I suspect your colleague had issues on his return flight if it was the same path reversed since I think all the OW carriers except AA have stopped doing this.
Etihad was just the ticketing agent for the second segment, just to add to the complexity. Both flights are AA-marketed. So there's no excuse for not checking through, but we've seen other reports of clueless AAgents refusing.

Yes, just about all the others now refuse to check through; apparently MH is an exception, and oddly no-one seems to know about JL.

Update: Now that I do the math, I have to think that the 6:59 and 7:02 ETA's were completely bogus. It's currently showing 6:15, which makes a lot more sense.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Aug 20, 2016 at 4:58 pm
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:29 pm

And.... We landed in ORD about 7 mins ago... Exactly 6:20pm in fact. Which means I've missed the 60 min requirement for international baggage.

And we're waiting on a holding pad because we haven't got a gate... The captain had made excellent time in the air and therefore gate is not yet ready for us.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:37 pm

And.... We landed in ORD about 7 mins ago... Exactly 6:20pm in fact. Which means I've missed the 60 min requirement for international baggage.

And we're waiting on a holding pad because we haven't got a gate... The captain had made excellent time in the air and therefore gate is not yet ready for us.
For what it's worth, AA 46 has slipped to 7:45. Good luck with finding a gate and an understanding checkin agent.

If the suitcase is close to carryon size, and no issues with the contents, maybe you could get it through TSA and gate-check it?

Also: Based on recent history, looks like AA 46 will depart from the far end of the K concourse.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Aug 20, 2016 at 5:44 pm
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:42 pm

I have 1 carry on size which had been gate checked. The one that I had checked properly was a full sized suitcase.

Thanks for the well wishes. Still stuck waiting for a gate. Is there any chance of finding out availability for the AA98 or is that info now not available publicly?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:50 pm

I have 1 carry on size which had been gate checked. The one that I had checked properly was a full sized suitcase.

Thanks for the well wishes. Still stuck waiting for a gate. Is there any chance of finding out availability for the AA98 or is that info now not available publicly?
AA will still sell an econ seat but not business/first; seat map -- for what it's worth -- shows two (MCE) seats available: 16C / 16D.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:50 pm

OK just found the seatmap for AA98 on the AA site. Just hope they'll be able to rebook me.

This is my first time traveling alone in a very long time, and the first time away from my toddler son. I'm worried in my emotional state I'll muck it up and blow my chances of getting home today. The last thing I want us stuck in ORD overnight. Sorry for all the questions but I don't think I'm quite thinking straight right now...

Thank you to all of you who contributed and provided information. I'm forever grateful.

Ooh We have a gate!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.