Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:45 pm

Hope you make the flight but connecting through ORD for an international flight is asking for trouble. Obviously the winter is one thing but during the summer its always at the middle of inclement weather and this summer has been no exception with frequent delays.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:46 pm

Just spoken to the gate agent who's put a note on my AA46 booking to explain I'm stuck on this delay.

Is there anything else I can protectively do?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:52 pm

We're boarding! See you on the other side! I'll update when I get to ORD.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by chinafish
Just spoken to the gate agent who's put a note on my AA46 booking to explain I'm stuck on this delay.

Is there anything else I can protectively do?
Sounds like you've got your bases about as covered as they can be.

If it looks like you're definitely getting into ORD too late to make the cutoff, you might try calling AA the instant you land so they can rebook you (though hold times might be prohibitive). Alternatively, head to the Admirals Club before leaving security if you happen to have a boarding pass for your LHR flight.

Good luck!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Diamond; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold
The incoming plane got here at around 2:50 I think. And yes they are doing the rolling 10min delay.

We're all queuing up to the 1 poor gate agent to enquire about connections etc. There's people here who have been repeatedly rescheduled from last night to this morning to this afternoon.

It's not looking good...

There's also separate intel coming from staff that the airport have closed the long runway to repaint and therefore things are getting backed up.

Why on earth do they not paint / do maintenance when there are no flights running?!
Indeed; slipped another 10 to 3:53 and then 15 to 4:08. Silly.

AA46 is planned for 7:36. The incoming flight from LHR is less than an hour out and running an hour late. But I can't see that helping you a whole lot.

Current projected arrival is 5:31, so still 2 hours in ORD. I suspect it would need to slip more before AA will be willing to proactively reschedule you.

ETA: Ah, boarding. And the departure time has actually improved to 4:03. Good luck!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by rjw242
Alternatively, head to the Admirals Club before leaving security if you happen to have a boarding pass for your LHR flight.

Good luck!
I have already checked in online so I have a mobile boarding pass. I still need to get my suitcase, should I then pop to admirals before leaving security regardless?

Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:07 pm

And they made me gate check my little rollerboard case... *Sob*
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:07 pm

I have already checked in online so I have a mobile boarding pass. I still need to get my suitcase, should I then pop to admirals before leaving security regardless?
I'd say if there's no hope of retrieving your bag before the cutoff, you might as well drop by the AC. There'll almost certainly be no line for an agent and they tend to be better-informed (and less harried) than the main terminal check-in agents.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:11 pm

Captain updated us that we got a new (but longer) route to get around the storms. They have got more fuel and once in the air will try to see if we can make short cuts etc.

Fingers crossed!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:12 pm

Yeah, latest is depart 5:31 arrive 6:54, so a rebook is definitely in order. I'd suggest calling AA while waiting on the plane, if possible.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
AA46 nearly ALWAYS goes out late - I was on it Thursday and we had a 2 hour delay so you might wanna wait with the rebooking.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by LukasVIE
AA46 nearly ALWAYS goes out late - I was on it Thursday and we had a 2 hour delay so you might wanna wait with the rebooking.
But as has already been pointed out -- the baggage check-in cutoff is based on scheduled departure time.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Originally Posted by rjw242
But as has already been pointed out -- the baggage check-in cutoff is based on scheduled departure time.
They might give the OP some leniency if they see a delay on the flight. AA 98 has only one coach seat left for sale too - wishing the OP all the best.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:33 pm

Pushed back 7 minutes ago. Now we see if there really is a 1-hour backlog for the runways.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:35 pm

Estimated departure time has also been pushed back to 5:31 again-arrival 6:54. Flight is certainly getting the shaft...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.