Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Feeling any calmer now?
Yes.
I was getting frustrated because some AAgents were saying to go back to EY, some were saying there was nothing in J class, some were saying I couldnt route to San Diego without repricing , others said that I didnt book the ticket together, even though ti was Aa flight number and purchased through aa.com.

It was a bit ridiculous, especially after flyting 14 hours .

At least I nabbed these two seats @ 3:30 pm, get in slightly later then expected.

I was the fool here though, assuming the flight was going to leave AUH on time and booking a short 1 hour connection.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Can I ask for free date change ?

Hi there,

I purchased a BOS-JFK-LHR-DXB / DXB-LHR-JFK-BOS ticket on AA
with AA codeshare flights on BA (LHR-DXB-LHR).

My BOS-JFK flight was delayed causing a very tight connection in
JFK to JFK-LHR (AA 104). I made the flight but my bag did not. I landed
in DXB without my bag which has the demo equipment that was
needed for day 1 of the trip. (I am told that the bag will be
delivered a day later)

Due to this my day 6 meetings are now not relevant although DAY
2,3,4,5 are OK. I would like to now return 1 day earlier. Can I ask
AA for early departure without any penalties or change fees ?

Do I have a shot at this ? Thanks in advance.

F.A.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A heads up: DFW is in a big mess today, t-storms and possible tornado activity.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by JDiver
A heads up: DFW is in a big mess today, t-storms and possible tornado activity.
Gusty winds !!
Old Mar 23, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
United has issued a weather waiver for Colorado Airports today. Nothing on AA yet. I fly tomorrow (or am supposed to), so would be interested in taking advantage of it if it posts.

only BRU in effect right now.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
For events at Brussels Zaventem / BRU airport and effects on AA travelers, please consult:

Explosions 22 Mar 2026 at BRU / Brussels - Impact on AA passengers

BRU / Brussels Zaventem opened for limited flights Sunday 3 April and is not likely to fully open for several months. Please read the thread linked to for more information.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 3, 2016 at 4:16 pm Reason: Update
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:00 am

HELP! MBJ-CLT delay, probably miss flt to SEA

Concerned grandma here...my son, his wife and lap infant, along with an aunt with recent knee replacement are headed today to SEA from MBJ thru CLT. They already had a 94 min connection time, have checked bags and no global entry.

At this time (hasn't departed yet) AA 869 shows delay of 37 mins, makes their close connection even more unlikely. There are a couple of later AA flights thru DFW or PHX that could get them back to SEA around 2 am, but it looks pretty miserable, especially travelling with an infant.

What are their best courses of action: talk to FA and hope AA will hold their connecting CLT/SEA flight, head for the AA counter if/after they miss their CLT/SEA flight, call AA directly? These are purchased flights (thru Expedia), don't have status. Appreciate any helpful advice.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Since I assume they'll need to go through customs upon arrival in CLT, the chances are good that they'll miss their connecting flight to SEA in which case they will probably be given a hotel and rebooked on a flight the next day...not a bad option in my opinion since you get a free hotel room and it breaks up the long trip a bit. If they haven't boarded in MBJ yet, they may want to call or ask an AA agent about the options via DFW and/or PHX....yes, it makes for a really late night with a 2am arrival, but as someone who flew MANY flights with daughter when she was an infant, it's really not as tough on the infant or parents as it may seem--way easier than traveling with a 2 or 3 year old.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I presume they are on 869, connecting to 609. The incoming flight to 869 is delayed, due to arrive 12:14pm, If it departs at 1:02pm, the current delayed schedule, they still have to clear immigration, most likely miss their connections.

Most likely there are other flyers that are affected as well, AA will do their best to accommodate, I presume that since you mentioned non-status flyer, they are probably in the back of plane, they should do their best to get out of the plane quickly, mention that they have a tight connection and hopefully others will allow them to pass through.

If 869 starts getting delayed, there are other options, but they need to talk to a gate agent, options are 1501/134 via Miami, if they miss 609 in CLT, they could get into 463/589 clt-phx-sea. Good luck.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"they still have plenty of time to make their connection, since 869 arrives at gate D5, and 609 departs D3, they just need to go to the next gate and with a 1 hr layover on CLT, should be good."

Aren't the CLT gate locations irrelevant, since the passengers have to clear Immigration and Customs at CLT? Won't they be dumped land-side after Customs?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by arollins
If 869 starts getting delayed, there are other options, but they need to talk to a gate agent, options are 1501/134 via Miami, if they miss 609 in CLT, they could get into 463/589 clt-phx-sea. Good luck.
There's also a 6:55 CLT-DFW-SEA flight that they may be able to make.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"they still have plenty of time to make their connection, since 869 arrives at gate D5, and 609 departs D3, they just need to go to the next gate and with a 1 hr layover on CLT, should be good."

Aren't the CLT gate locations irrelevant, since the passengers have to clear Immigration and Customs at CLT? Won't they be dumped land-side after Customs?
I amended my post when I realized they are INT-DOS connection and need to clear immigration.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
OP should not expect the connecting flight to be held. That is rare. It is more rare when it isn't the last routing of the day (although AA CLT-SEA isn't frequent).

Travelers should get in line for rebooking at CLT, and call AA if the line is moving slowly in hopes of rebooking by phone faster.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

"Travelers should get in line for rebooking at CLT, and call AA if the line is moving slowly in hopes of rebooking by phone faster."

Assuming that one of the passengers is traveling with a cell phone, a call can be placed to AA Off-Schedule Operations at 800-446-7834 as soon as the MBJ-CLT flight lands -- while the plane is taxiing to the terminal. This should give the travelers a leg up over others who will miss their connections, and they will thus avoid having to stand in what could be a long line at CLT.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:47 am

Thanks for the quick help; I will message it to them. Knew someone would have the number to call AA in this situation. Is it likely they won't make it through immigration and customs, so they should try to make other arrangements as soon as they land in CLT?
Is it a given that they will be given a free hotel room by AA if they can't be rebooked tonight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.