Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:42 am

Sucks.

Im flying from den to LAX to jfk today. My flight out of Denver is delayed one hour thanks to some maintenence issue.

My flight from lax to jfk is in Flagship first. I won't make the connection now. My wife is CK so they arraigned a ground transfer but the flight takes off the exact moment were scheduled to land.

AA confirmed for the later flight in business.

What a pain. Would we still get the 12000 bonus miles?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:44 pm

Nevermind. Later flight now cancelled.
So leaving tomorrow. Then I misconnect again.

I had an I class ticket the next day. They then put me in J and P. So are mt earnings bases off J ticket or I ticket?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by surftb15
Nevermind. Later flight now cancelled.
So leaving tomorrow. Then I misconnect again.

I had an I class ticket the next day. They then put me in J and P. So are mt earnings bases off J ticket or I ticket?
This is obviously a YMMV situation, but I booked a Y fare ORD - JFK - LHR upgraded to J using a SWU. The ORD - JFK took a delay due to weather and put my JFK connection in jeopardy and in turn my LHR connection. Admirals Club agent rebooked me on the BA nonstop in J arriving very close to when I would have arrived on my original itinerary, booked in 'C', and ended up getting my miles as if I booked a J ticket in the first place. Again, YMMV.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DylanOakes
This is obviously a YMMV situation, but I booked a Y fare ORD - JFK - LHR upgraded to J using a SWU. The ORD - JFK took a delay due to weather and put my JFK connection in jeopardy and in turn my LHR connection. Admirals Club agent rebooked me on the BA nonstop in J arriving very close to when I would have arrived on my original itinerary...
Definitely one should always request that.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Definitely one should always request that.
Sounds good.
The only reason I ask is J is now 3x EQM and I is only 2x. That's a pretty big difference.

Regardless, what a crazy day when both flights cancel. Missing a double connection. And a meeting!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:24 am

Hi guys,
Im a bit curious. My flight was CANCELED yesterday and they got me on a flight ONE DAY LATER. I had another flight (Business class I) that was missed as a result.
So far, AA has given me a voucher for a hotel last night and I have an "authorization" for hotel tonight.
But what compensation can I ask for?

I mean, they did put me in J not I class, which is pretty good compensation IMO!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Hi guys,
Im a bit curious. My flight was CANCELED yesterday and they got me on a flight ONE DAY LATER. I had another flight (Business class I) that was missed as a result.
So far, AA has given me a voucher for a hotel last night and I have an "authorization" for hotel tonight.
But what compensation can I ask for?

I mean, they did put me in J not I class, which is pretty good compensation IMO!
Surftb15-

Small world - I was the guy next to you talking about how they cannot interline Delta any longer when we were both at the counter early into the delay. I couldnt believe when that flight went MX after my flight the night before did the same. Eventually they got me out in United Y at 525. Awful experience but glad it is over.

Now I get to go through the fun of trying to get them to cover the Westin Denver Airport after the mess after Sunday night's cancellation where they could not find rooms
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by uscjeff
Surftb15-

Small world - I was the guy next to you talking about how they cannot interline Delta any longer when we were both at the counter early into the delay. I couldnt believe when that flight went MX after my flight the night before did the same. Eventually they got me out in United Y at 525. Awful experience but glad it is over.

Now I get to go through the fun of trying to get them to cover the Westin Denver Airport after the mess after Sunday night's cancellation where they could not find rooms
Too funny! I doubt AA will cover the Westin, they paid for the fairfield last night (which was awful, paper thin walls).

Im glad you got into LAX though! I had to get a flight from last night from LAX->JFK in F and would have missed every connection, even if they interlined on UA.

I finally made it to LAX just now, sitting in Flagship lounge for the next 3 hours.

My return flight (which was just JFK-LAX-SAN in Business) was also delayed a day.

All I need to do is sign some real estate paperwork ! Blah!

Summary

DEN->LAX -> JFK (DEN-LAX cancelled) ba!

goes to:

DEN->LAX->JFK January 05

JFK->LAX->SAN January 05 (missed )

goes to

JFK->LAX->SAN January 06
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:59 am

Well my flight LAX->JFK was JUST CANCELLED.
... AA!!!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:24 pm

... AA!!!
I feel for you. Wife and I were stuck in NYC when JFK->SFO was canceled without any notice on the 29th. Just happened to log-in and found out. We were then stuck in MIA until Jan 1st after racing and failing to catch a connecting flight, and not being able to get on standby on any subsequent flights. What is with west coast to JFK right now?!

We got a voucher for hotel for one night (out of 3 nights that we spent delayed) and one $24 food voucher.

Best of luck getting back.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
... AA!!!
At this point, I would have ZERO confidence in AA's ability to get you back to JFK. They need to endorse you over to UA or B6 as they seem to actually have the ability to operate their flights.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
At this point, I would have ZERO confidence in AA's ability to get you back to JFK. They need to endorse you over to UA or B6 as they seem to actually have the ability to operate their flights.
Yep. AA 22 canceled.. However the flight hasn't even left JFK. Mechanical? No seats on earlier flights right now. Standby on both.

The AAgent is trying for jet blue mint.

Luggage is also still in Denver! So..
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Yep. AA 22 canceled.. However the flight hasn't even left JFK. Mechanical? No seats on earlier flights right now. Standby on both.

The AAgent is trying for jet blue mint.

Luggage is also still in Denver! So..
This situation is really unbelievable! You seem to be taking it very well, but I think you should -maybe- be a bit more insistent (I know, easy to say as an observer.)

Also, I sure hope you've been chronicling this to AA's Twitter presence!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
... AA!!!
What the heck is going on? Weather is fine (albeit cold) in NYC and it's just rain in LA (yes I know that's a big deal, but flights still operate in rain at LAX)
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by JonNYC
This situation is really unbelievable! You seem to be taking it very well, but I think you should -maybe- be a bit more insistent (I know, easy to say as an observer.)

Also, I sure hope you've been chronicling this to AA's Twitter presence!
No kidding. I tend to keep my cool over travel disruptions and file most of it under $h17 happens, but at this point, I'd be getting unpleasant -- you're now, what, on day 2 delay/cancellation trying to get cross-country and your luggage is somewhere in-between??!

And for sure, keep a running commentary via Twitter -- it'll be fun to just pull the whole thread later in a nice letter to customer service regarding the EPIC service/operational failure you've gone thru.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.