Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by e4west
Flight to DFW was just diverted to San Antonio due to weather. I am in business class still sitting on SA tarmac. What reimbursement, compensation or assistance can be expected, if any? Will they pay for a rental car to drive to DFW.
AA's Contract of Carriage here:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/customerServ...age.jsp#delays
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:23 pm

Flight #1512... still sitting on tarmac.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:33 pm

Per FlightAware it will depart for DFW at 10pm.

Weather issues make it more difficult to get compensation.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Flight #1512... still sitting on tarmac.
There are lots of diversion from DFW this evening to a number of airports. Looks like at least 17 diversions to AUS, one of which (2331) has been in AUS since 6pm. Doesn't look like as many diversions to SAT, but there are a number there as well.

Another line of storms looks to be moving over the DFW area now, and there's a long line of diverted planes at various airports waiting to get to DFW, so it may be a little while before you get going again, I am afraid (though I have inside knowledge, so for all I know you could take off very shortly).
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Just wanted to note that the center of Dallas and areas south are under a Tornado Warning currently. Hopefully everybody stays safe, get to shelter. DFW appears to have all inbound flights being held at their origin at the current time.
And yet, DFW is prominently not listed among the "airports affected".

(Link in wiki post.)

Code:
Current travel alerts
Winter Storm Goliath
This information is current as of December 26, 2015

Airports affected:

Albuquerque, NM (ABQ)
Roswell, NM (ROW)
Santa Fe, NM (SAF)
Abilene, TX (ABI)
Amarillo, TX (AMA)
Lubbock, TX (LBB)
Midland / Odessa, TX (MAF)
San Angelo, TX (SJT)
Wichita Falls, TX (SPS)
Lawton, OK (LAW)
Oklahoma City, OK (OKC)
Garden City, KS (GCK)
Manhattan, KS (MHK)
Wichita KS (ICT)

A one-time ticketing fee will be waived for travel changes if you:

Are traveling on American Airlines or American Eagle
Bought or purchased your original flight before December 26, 2015
Expected or scheduled to travel December 26 -28, 2015 to/through/from 
the affected airport
Flexible to travel December 26 - 31, 2015
Do not make changes to your origin or destination city
Book in the same class of service
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Flight to DFW was just diverted to San Antonio due to weather. I am in business class still sitting on SA tarmac. What reimbursement, compensation or assistance can be expected, if any? Will they pay for a rental car to drive to DFW.
Nothing for weather. Maybe some miles or a small voucher if you write in to complain.

Having been in this exact situation, I just had a drink and was thankful I wasn't flying through the storm.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:45 pm

They said they cannot serve cocktails while we are grounded.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:09 pm

Now they are saying our ground crew has gone illegal and our flight is cancelled.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by ty97
There are lots of diversion from DFW this evening to a number of airports. Looks like at least 17 diversions to AUS, one of which (2331) has been in AUS since 6pm. Doesn't look like as many diversions to SAT, but there are a number there as well.

Another line of storms looks to be moving over the DFW area now, and there's a long line of diverted planes at various airports waiting to get to DFW, so it may be a little while before you get going again, I am afraid (though I have inside knowledge, so for all I know you could take off very shortly).
As of this writing http://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/ shows DFW ground stopped for AA flights until 0430 UTC (10,30 pm CST) per AA request. This sort of thing isn't unusual for the dominant airline in a hub airport when there's a significant disruption, and it can be due to lack of available gates, expectation of further bad weather, etc. You will likely be able to get underway once the ground stop is lifted, and generally diverted flights get ATC priority. However, your biggest impediment may be the risk of the crew timing out on duty hours.

Good luck. Bad weather day in Texas, with the eastern DFW area hit by tornadoes and flash flooding all over the place. Be glad you weren't diverted to Amarillo or Lubbock though - this storm becomes a blizzard there tomorrow.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by JDiver
And yet, DFW is prominently not listed among the "airports affected".
Mostly as those are all under various winter storm/blizzard warnings, Texas panhandle (Amarillo/Lubbock) and eastern NM are receiving a possibly historic blizzard. DFW had a tornado watch, but the flying can continue around the clouds as long as the runways aren't iced. But there won't be much going in/out of many of those airports over the next few days.

Now they are saying our ground crew has gone illegal and our flight is cancelled.
It's a little over 4 hours to drive SAT to DFW just for reference if you decide to book a rental for yourself. However, severe storms should start rolling into the Austin/San Antonio area overnight, possible quarter-sized hail and 60 mph gusts.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Check the Contract of Carriage link I supplied up-thread to determine AA's responsibility once a diverted flight is canceled.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
IMO, don't even think of driving. Very nasty conditions in some areas, with flash floods, high winds, etc. I'd call my favorite hotel chain number to identify a property with a room (preferably at the distressed traveler rate, and with a shuttle). The Embassy Suites is quite close. Or see if they have the cots, pillows and blankets available (more likely at DFW A, though.)

And get booked tomorrow. (No, AA won't cover your hotel and meals in cases of force majeure such as weather, unless you are a high value flyer. Maybe Concierge Key or 200,000 plus (probably plus plus) EQ Points this year.)
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:46 pm

HELP: Flight tomorrow cancelled, will miss separate ticket connection

Hi all ...

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm very nervous!

I have the following ticketed itinerary tomorrow morning:

ATL-DFW: Cash ticket on AA
DFW-NRT-PEK: Advantage redemption on JAL

I just got notified on my phone mobile boarding pass that the ATL-DFW has been cancelled. Looking at ExpertFlyer there are no alternatives on AA to make it to DFW in time for my connection.

I've been told on this board and verified by https://ssc.aa.com/prmportal_enu/Age...ng%20Index.pdf that oneworld reaccommodations on Separate Tickets are in fact honored.

My questions now are:

1. Hold times are quoted at 2-hours, is there a country reservation-number I could call that may be faster?

2. How do I deal with this over the phone? I know it's very complicated having a cash ticket connecting to a advantage redemption on a non-AA (but one world) airline. Should I quote the above link if they don't budge?

3. Worse case if we have to deal with this at the airport, who would be the best person to deal with this?

Sorry for all the questions ...

Best,

faithwins
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:51 pm

in India: local office closed, US number hold time 2 hours; alternative?

Subject says it all. Last minute award seat has opened up but I have no way to get through to AA. Is there a secret trick? I am Pt but that doesn't help: I gave my AAdvantage number to the voice recognition system but wait time was still 2 hours.

They won't call back to India as far as I know. In any case, in 2 hours this seat will be gone.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Australian office is good and usually doesn't have much of a hold.

I don't think this situation is outside the realm of what agents usually deal with. Just explain it clearly and you will either be offered reaccomodation options or told to deal with it when you get to Dallas and actually miss the connection (2nd option is quite likely). At the airport, the checkin desk (at ATL) or customer service desk (at DFW) could help you.

It will help a LOT if you have flights researched before you call or before you get to the airport. JAL also flies to BOS, JFK, ORD, SFO, LAX, and SAN. AA may also choose to accommodate you directly on their own DFW-PEK service or ORD-PEK instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.