Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Flew LGB-PHX-ORD yesterday. Economy ticket and upgraded as an EXP on both legs using stickers. LGB-PHX pushed a little late. Got to the end of the runway and an indicator light goes off with a ground spoiler warning. Back to the gate and they had to call in a mechanic. Got on the phone and EXP Desk protected me on the 1:35am PHX-ORD flight (I was on the 7:40pm). Wasn't sure if they were going to scrub the flight or not but the said they couldn't protect me on the following morning's flight out of Long Beach and the later PHX-ORD flight at the same time. So, wanting to get home, I just decided to roll the dice and start the trek home. Left LGB about 2 hours late so missed my original PHX-ORD connection. Went to the B4 AC and the AAngel got me squared away. New boarding pass, she went ahead pushed through my sticker upgrade for PHX-ORD without me having to sit on the list and, when I asked about what she recommended for a place to grab dinner in the terminal, she printed off a $12 dinner voucher for me and pulled out a couple of menus for me to look at. I did not ask for the voucher - she offered it up (but I don't think she would have done so if I didn't mention being hungry).

All in all, out of over 120K miles flown this year, this is only the 2nd flight disruption I have had (and the only mechanical). EXP Desk and AC staff have all helped me big time and all had a great attitude. Now, I will never take that 1:35am out of PHX again - boy, is that a tough flight. You are just dead tired walking onto the plane and flight time was under 3 hours so no way to get any real sleep. I felt like a walker from "The Walking Dead" when we landed at ORD.

One more note - PHX is still a wild/hopping place at 1:00am! I thought it would have settled down after 10p or so like ORD, but jeez Louise, that place is rocking!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:55 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
AA 722 PHL-DUB Friday 18 Dec 2015

Does anyone know what happened with AA 722 from PHL-DUB on Friday 18 Dec that it took off like 7 hours late at 4 AM? I happened to be in the DUB airport on Saturday and noticed that the return (AA 723) was about 7 hours delayed from it's 10:30 AM departure.

I'm curious because I took 722 on the 15th (was on time) and am scheduled to take 723 tomorrow (hopefully on time).
Old Dec 24, 2015, 1:24 pm

Double IRROPS so far for today but AA has been incredibly flexible to get me out today. Ended up changing both the departure and destination airport, still hoping to get there tonight!

AA phones ("platinum line") being answered with no hold time. They seem to be all hands on deck. Nice job handling a huge mess o' weather thus far.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Double IRROPS so far for today but AA has been incredibly flexible to get me out today. Ended up changing both the departure and destination airport, still hoping to get there tonight!

AA phones ("platinum line") being answered with no hold time. They seem to be all hands on deck. Nice job handling a huge mess o' weather thus far.
Good to know; thanks, and safe travels!
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:18 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Winter Storm "Goliath" impact on DFW ops Sat/Sun 12/26-27

I'm transiting DFW tomorrow (Sunday) and am trying to get a sense if the forecasted rain is going to have an impact on DFW ops. There are flash flood warnings but no weather waiver for DFW (other TX airports are listed for waiver). Lots of rain coming... But what are folks' thoughts about its impact on DFW?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
I'm transiting DFW tomorrow (Sunday) and am trying to get a sense if the forecasted rain is going to have an impact on DFW ops. There are flash flood warnings but no weather waiver for DFW (other TX airports are listed for waiver). Lots of rain coming... But what are folks' thoughts about its impact on DFW?
With the new banking ive found any rain greatly increases delays. 30-40 aircraft long lines for takeoff are common in such instances.

Heavy rain or low ceilings makes it worse
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage
No travel notice is in effect for DFW, so today at least should be relatively unaffected. Maybe some weather diversions but not much more than that.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Plat SPG Platinum
[QUOTE=ORDPLATAA;25889385]Flew LGB-PHX-ORD yesterday. Economy ticket and upgraded as an EXP on both legs using stickers. .
Could you please clarify what the advantage is for an EXP to upgrade using stickers? Does it increase priority? Is it even possible to do? Curious because I have a ton of stickers left from preEXP days and would be happy to find a positive use for them.

Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:14 pm

[QUOTE=rens;25918947]
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Flew LGB-PHX-ORD yesterday. Economy ticket and upgraded as an EXP on both legs using stickers. .
Could you please clarify what the advantage is for an EXP to upgrade using stickers? Does it increase priority? Is it even possible to do? Curious because I have a ton of stickers left from preEXP days and would be happy to find a positive use for them.

Thanks
This is off topic to the OSO thread; we will move it to the proper thread soon. /Moderator

You as an EP do not earn nor do you spend 500 mile e-upgrade "stickers"; you receive "UDU" unlimited domestic upgrades in their stead.

You can use "stickers" for one traveling companion. "Stickers" never expire (as long as your account remains active); they will be available to you when you are no longer EP.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
We've moved your query to the OSO master thread, as it has a number of useful resources and links to tools in the wiki post. (We've also archived off older posts, linked to in the wiki, to keep this thread current.)

/Moderator

P.S. The occasional pagination bug seems to be making an appearance in this thread (AA | A forum front page shows two pages, but there's actually only one). Well check that Monday when Admin and Tech are back at work, but in the meantime there are no posts missing.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 26, 2015 at 8:31 pm Reason: Add post script
Old Dec 26, 2015, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Just wanted to note that the center of Dallas and areas south are under a Tornado Warning currently. Hopefully everybody stays safe, get to shelter. DFW appears to have all inbound flights being held at their origin at the current time.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:49 pm

Flight was just diverted - what can I expect? [to merge]

Flight to DFW was just diverted to San Antonio due to weather. I am in business class still sitting on SA tarmac. What reimbursement, compensation or assistance can be expected, if any? Will they pay for a rental car to drive to DFW.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:56 pm

They will fly onward to DFW, or they will pay for ground transport of some sort, at their discretion. If the onward flight is not in business or first class, you can get a small cash refund. They will most likely milk the weather excuse to deny all other requests for compensation.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
"Milk the weather excuse"

While the other thread is reporting Dallas is/was under a tornado warning. 4 reported dead from the storm so far.

Yeah, milk the weather excuse :eyeroll:
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What's your flight #? People here may have some insight into what's up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.