Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:35 am
  #256  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Customer Relations can no longer be reached by phone, so, webform email. I personally doubt $500 per pax is in the cards, but only way to know is to email and ask.
I figured as much, which is why I started with 800 per pax!
surftb15 is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:01 am
  #257  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Posts: 4,171
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Customer Relations can no longer be reached by phone, so, webform email. I personally doubt $500 per pax is in the cards, but only way to know is to email and ask.
Maybe treading a bit off topic, but why is Customer Relations no longer reachable via phone? I remember calling pmAA CS in 2012 and speaking with someone. I know pmUS didn't have phone access to CS right before the merger, but they did as recently as 2009. So, why are they not permitting phone calls anymore? Too much calls?

Last edited by MrAndy1369; Jan 7, 2016 at 10:09 am Reason: add'l info
MrAndy1369 is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:33 am
  #258  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FIND ME ON TWITTER FOR THE LATEST
Posts: 27,730
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Maybe treading a bit off topic, but why is Customer Relations no longer reachable via phone? I remember calling pmAA CS in 2012 and speaking with someone. I know pmUS didn't have phone access to CS right before the merger, but they did as recently as 2009. So, why are they not permitting phone calls anymore? Too much calls?
Only thing I can state with authority is -that- it happened (took a LONG time for some people to become convinced my info on this was accurate) and exactly -when- it happened:
http://travelingbetter.vbulletin.net...omer-relations

As to the "why"-- well, my theories and speculation would be no better than anyone else's, if ya know what I mean.

I *think* the "for public consumption" version was to make certain all issues are properly tracked, etc. But I can't imagine too many here would buy that.
JonNYC is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:14 pm
  #259  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
AA countered my offer of $800 with an offer of $300. I asked now for $500.
Lets see what happens.
surftb15 is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:37 pm
  #260  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vail, CO
Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 628
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Maybe treading a bit off topic, but why is Customer Relations no longer reachable via phone? I remember calling pmAA CS in 2012 and speaking with someone. I know pmUS didn't have phone access to CS right before the merger, but they did as recently as 2009. So, why are they not permitting phone calls anymore? Too much calls?
On the Denver fiasco srftb15 and I have been going back and forth on I called the EXP line and got the same about how I need to contact via email. She said it was a "sad decision made by US Air management" and they are no longer allowed to talk. She even said she missed some of her favorite colleagues over there. Strange if you ask me
uscjeff is offline  
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:58 am
  #261  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FIND ME ON TWITTER FOR THE LATEST
Posts: 27,730
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Only thing I can state with authority is -that- it happened (took a LONG time for some people to become convinced my info on this was accurate) and exactly -when- it happened:
http://travelingbetter.vbulletin.net...omer-relations

As to the "why"-- well, my theories and speculation would be no better than anyone else's, if ya know what I mean.

I *think* the "for public consumption" version was to make certain all issues are properly tracked, etc. But I can't imagine too many here would buy that.
Originally Posted by uscjeff
..I called the EXP line and got the same about how I need to contact via email. She said it was a "sad decision made by US Air management" and they are no longer allowed to talk. She even said she missed some of her favorite colleagues over there. Strange if you ask me
It's unfortunate from the customer's P.O.V., without doubt. As to if on the airline's side they find it to be more efficient and that it creates "better" and quicker resolution (not having to have protracted conversations and back-and-forth negotiations over compensation and repeat calls on the same issue already deemed "resolved" etc,) no way to know just how many man-hours they deem this to have saved, etc. And their calculation as to how many members will find this to be unacceptable and actually act on same-- all open questions.
JonNYC is offline  
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
  #262  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
AA... Worked out to 400 compensation.
surftb15 is offline  
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:33 pm
  #263  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
AA marketed flights: how do I find / get PNR / record locator?

Looks like another messy week in NYC.
I fly into NYC Tuesday and leave NYC to Helsinki Wednesday.

Should I proactively re-route now or see what happens>

Another meeting missed.

Really tired of you, mother nature.
surftb15 is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:08 am
  #264  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 2,389
Originally Posted by surftb15
Looks like another messy week in NYC.
I fly into NYC Tuesday and leave NYC to Helsinki Wednesday.

Should I proactively re-route now or see what happens>

Another meeting missed.

Really tired of you, mother nature.
Award ticket? Status? No weather waiver for NYC issued yet, so any proactive changes on your part at the moment are purely voluntary.
weirdlyndon is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:16 am
  #265  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Award ticket? Status? No weather waiver for NYC issued yet, so any proactive changes on your part at the moment are purely voluntary.
NO and Exp.
Looks like 2-4 inches of snow today, light snow Tuesday/Wednesday.

Hopefully AA adds a waiver soon.
surftb15 is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:48 am
  #266  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Programs: too many
Posts: 4,587
2-3 today in NYC today, a bit of light snow Tues/Wed. I don't anticipate a weather waiver for that.
ty97 is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:42 pm
  #267  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 2,389
Originally Posted by surftb15
NO and Exp.
Looks like 2-4 inches of snow today, light snow Tuesday/Wednesday.

Hopefully AA adds a waiver soon.
They just added the NYC region to the weather waiver! Go for it!
weirdlyndon is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:47 pm
  #268  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
They just added the NYC region to the weather waiver! Go for it!
Wel im not flying till Wednesday!
and need to get into JFK for meeting Thursday but must leave for ARN thursday night. Right now im on that AY flight.
Looks like waiver only for tomorrow travel!
surftb15 is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:48 pm
  #269  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SFO
Posts: 1,746
Still no ATL, even though UA and DL have already included it. Hopefully they'll add it soon.
djibouti is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:01 pm
  #270  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 262
AA 288 (ORD -> PVG) was cancelled on 2/9, which also cancelled my PVG->ORD flight on 2/11. I did get accommodated on AA138 out of HKG (so I'm not complaining) but I'm curious why the cancellation happened, since I can't seem to find a reason for it.
Martellus is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.