Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Customer Relations can no longer be reached by phone, so, webform email. I personally doubt $500 per pax is in the cards, but only way to know is to email and ask.
I figured as much, which is why I started with 800 per pax!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Customer Relations can no longer be reached by phone, so, webform email. I personally doubt $500 per pax is in the cards, but only way to know is to email and ask.
Maybe treading a bit off topic, but why is Customer Relations no longer reachable via phone? I remember calling pmAA CS in 2012 and speaking with someone. I know pmUS didn't have phone access to CS right before the merger, but they did as recently as 2009. So, why are they not permitting phone calls anymore? Too much calls?

Last edited by MrAndy1369; Jan 7, 2016 at 10:09 am Reason: add'l info
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Maybe treading a bit off topic, but why is Customer Relations no longer reachable via phone? I remember calling pmAA CS in 2012 and speaking with someone. I know pmUS didn't have phone access to CS right before the merger, but they did as recently as 2009. So, why are they not permitting phone calls anymore? Too much calls?
Only thing I can state with authority is -that- it happened (took a LONG time for some people to become convinced my info on this was accurate) and exactly -when- it happened:
http://travelingbetter.vbulletin.net...omer-relations

As to the "why"-- well, my theories and speculation would be no better than anyone else's, if ya know what I mean.

I *think* the "for public consumption" version was to make certain all issues are properly tracked, etc. But I can't imagine too many here would buy that.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:14 pm

AA countered my offer of $800 with an offer of $300. I asked now for $500.
Lets see what happens.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
On the Denver fiasco srftb15 and I have been going back and forth on I called the EXP line and got the same about how I need to contact via email. She said it was a "sad decision made by US Air management" and they are no longer allowed to talk. She even said she missed some of her favorite colleagues over there. Strange if you ask me
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:58 am
Suspended

Only thing I can state with authority is -that- it happened (took a LONG time for some people to become convinced my info on this was accurate) and exactly -when- it happened:
http://travelingbetter.vbulletin.net...omer-relations

As to the "why"-- well, my theories and speculation would be no better than anyone else's, if ya know what I mean.

I *think* the "for public consumption" version was to make certain all issues are properly tracked, etc. But I can't imagine too many here would buy that.
Originally Posted by uscjeff
..I called the EXP line and got the same about how I need to contact via email. She said it was a "sad decision made by US Air management" and they are no longer allowed to talk. She even said she missed some of her favorite colleagues over there. Strange if you ask me
It's unfortunate from the customer's P.O.V., without doubt. As to if on the airline's side they find it to be more efficient and that it creates "better" and quicker resolution (not having to have protracted conversations and back-and-forth negotiations over compensation and repeat calls on the same issue already deemed "resolved" etc,) no way to know just how many man-hours they deem this to have saved, etc. And their calculation as to how many members will find this to be unacceptable and actually act on same-- all open questions.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:55 pm

AA... Worked out to 400 compensation.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:33 pm

AA marketed flights: how do I find / get PNR / record locator?

Looks like another messy week in NYC.
I fly into NYC Tuesday and leave NYC to Helsinki Wednesday.

Should I proactively re-route now or see what happens>

Another meeting missed.

Really tired of you, mother nature.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by surftb15
Looks like another messy week in NYC.
I fly into NYC Tuesday and leave NYC to Helsinki Wednesday.

Should I proactively re-route now or see what happens>

Another meeting missed.

Really tired of you, mother nature.
Award ticket? Status? No weather waiver for NYC issued yet, so any proactive changes on your part at the moment are purely voluntary.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Award ticket? Status? No weather waiver for NYC issued yet, so any proactive changes on your part at the moment are purely voluntary.
NO and Exp.
Looks like 2-4 inches of snow today, light snow Tuesday/Wednesday.

Hopefully AA adds a waiver soon.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
2-3 today in NYC today, a bit of light snow Tues/Wed. I don't anticipate a weather waiver for that.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by surftb15
NO and Exp.
Looks like 2-4 inches of snow today, light snow Tuesday/Wednesday.

Hopefully AA adds a waiver soon.
They just added the NYC region to the weather waiver! Go for it!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
They just added the NYC region to the weather waiver! Go for it!
Wel im not flying till Wednesday!
and need to get into JFK for meeting Thursday but must leave for ARN thursday night. Right now im on that AY flight.
Looks like waiver only for tomorrow travel!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:48 pm

Still no ATL, even though UA and DL have already included it. Hopefully they'll add it soon.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
AA 288 (ORD -> PVG) was cancelled on 2/9, which also cancelled my PVG->ORD flight on 2/11. I did get accommodated on AA138 out of HKG (so I'm not complaining) but I'm curious why the cancellation happened, since I can't seem to find a reason for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.