Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: akarneboge
NOTE: There are only twenty (20) Boeing 777-323ER ("77W") in the AA fleet.
Print Wikipost

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by phxbarcelona
I am flying to rather than from MIA on a Saturday from LAX. Does that make a difference?
Nope, hard both ways.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
I am flying to rather than from MIA on a Saturday from LAX. Does that make a difference?
I requested an upgrade (500-mile) on this route at the earliest possible time it could be requested (when the 77W flight was loaded onto the schedule) for a Saturday flight, and I still missed it.

Tough upgrade, indeed.
Old May 14, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Flew AA275 MIA-LAX today, 14/5/16 and upgrades were widely available.
Cleared the flight using 500UPG 2 days out as a PLAT and there was wide availability of seats to choose when I was upgraded.

Also, on day of flight, all people on the upgrade list cleared. The upgrade list was empty .
Old May 15, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sunday must be dramatically different then. Every LAX MIA flight has 1 or 0 seats in every F/J cabin.
Old May 15, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
I flew MIA-LAX on 275 Wednesday and did not UG as # 4 on airport list. Did have an empty seat next to me in MCE and the FA on the drink cart was generous!
Old May 16, 2016, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pssteve
I flew MIA-LAX on 275 Wednesday and did not UG as # 4 on airport list. Did have an empty seat next to me in MCE and the FA on the drink cart was generous!
This Wednesday 275 is

F0 A0 P0 Z0 C0 J0 D0 I0 U0

2.5 days out. :-(
Old May 16, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Flight 68 LAX-MIA's that leave on Mondays seem to go from J7 to J1 on Sunday night. Trying to figure out whether it's truly last minute bookings, or protections for IRROP rerouting somewhere Transpac. Any insights?
Old May 16, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
AA275 is Just erroneous and random!

Back in January it was WIDE open two weeks out. But 4 days out it turned to J4, found 1 C seat open up and used an SWU. So all is good! Thursday evening.

Then in March I flew -LAX-MIA on the 77W and it cleared 2 hours out, but it was WIDE open so I knew it would clear. Saturday Morning (EZiest)

Then in April I flew AA275 and it was WIDE open at booking, started getting close to 10 seats left and BOOM upgrade at the window!! (Thursday evening)

Now looking at LAX-MIA for June and my flight looks half full, but I see C seats so Im gonna upgrade using SWU to be safe.
Old May 16, 2016, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aero0729
Back in January it was WIDE open two weeks out. But 4 days out it turned to J4, found 1 C seat open up and used an SWU. So all is good! Thursday evening.

Then in March I flew -LAX-MIA on the 77W and it cleared 2 hours out, but it was WIDE open so I knew it would clear. Saturday Morning (EZiest)

Then in April I flew AA275 and it was WIDE open at booking, started getting close to 10 seats left and BOOM upgrade at the window!! (Thursday evening)

Now looking at LAX-MIA for June and my flight looks half full, but I see C seats so Im gonna upgrade using SWU to be safe.
For the March flight on 68 did you use a SWU?
Old May 24, 2016, 4:21 pm

For the March flight on 68 did you use a SWU?
Looks like C inventory is down to 1 but EF still shows 32 open seats in J for my Saturday flight. I feel like I will waste the SWU if all of the EXP get upgraded that day but just not worrying might be worth it
Old May 30, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
I flew in on AA 68 Friday. I was cleared about 48 hours before immediately into First. I had overnight in LAX but coming in from TPE. My NRT-LAX flight I was My platinum colleague upgraded to J. Maybe that is why they put me in first. My colleague checked in at #6 and was pushed down during the morning to #15. He got to the airport early to keep checking. Just as he was boarding he got called up and cleared. Thats pretty good being #15. BTW, I checked into Flagship and was not impressed. I was dropped by the airport shuttle at Terminal 4 the beginning and had to walk to near the end, just before the delta check in starts. No one took my bag outside, they showed me in, I checked in and they took my bag. The checkin guy told me to walk thru the doors to the elevator. At check in , there are a few seats, walking to the elevator, there is a basket of mint milanos. As I waited by the elevator, one of the staff coming down the stairs, told me the elevator hasn't been working for over a day and told me to either walk up the stairs, or go outside to the regular escalator. I dragged my bag up the stairs into the pre check line (I have pre check anyway). I so was NOT impressed and did not feel it was worth it. I then went to the Qantas lounge once I took the pathway to TBIA terminal for the AA68 flight.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by trekker954
I flew in on AA 68 Friday. I was cleared about 48 hours before immediately into First. I had overnight in LAX but coming in from TPE. My NRT-LAX flight I was My platinum colleague upgraded to J. Maybe that is why they put me in first. My colleague checked in at #6 and was pushed down during the morning to #15. He got to the airport early to keep checking. Just as he was boarding he got called up and cleared. Thats pretty good being #15. ...
Thanks for the data point. Part of your post after the NRT_LAX comment seemed to be missing. To clarify, you got a complimentary EXP upgrade at t-48 from Y to F? Also it seems your colleague who is PLAT upgraded to J at the gate as #15 on the list?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:18 am

I've been watching this flight for a month hoping I could get a complimentary upgrade but would use a SWU if needed. I get to T-24 and there are >20 open seats and EF shows J7/C7 so I am sure I am golden. By T-12 seat map shows 11 seats and C starts to drop. I figure I'll wait until t-4 and see where I am on the list. At t-4 I'm #1 on the list and there are 7 open seats on the map with C5 inventory. Great! I get on my PHX LAX plane but discover no wifi in flight so I can't watch. No prob. By the time I land, I drop to #2 on the list, C is down to 2 and map shows 3 seats left. Then on the Tarmac at LAX I see C Inventory dropped to 1. So I called AA while Still on the inbound plane at LAX. Super long time with the agent who talks about pulling the certificate and then talks to ticketing for 10 min. I am really nervous now. She comes back on and says she pulled the certificate, but after asking me what seat I wanted l, she cannot give me a seat. I try on the AA app but cannot pick a seat because it's under airport control now. Worse my record shows no seat all. Inbound plane came in terminal 6 so I have to take an airside bus to T4 where I run to the admirals club. Right in front of me is a couple pleading with the ticketing staff because "there are no F or J seats left for them to MIA until tomorrow." I gulp and step over to the next agent and calmly explain that I need a seat for the 11am flight to MIA and she prints me out a new BP! Now that I have my BP , I walked over to Tom Brady Terminal and walked into the Qantas First Lounge, where I got lucky and they let me in! Almost as nice as the Sydney lounge. What a morning!!!
Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Ive been tracking the upgrade opening of space.

So far seems that 24 hours before "C" class upgrade space opens up. But does this mean its open for sticker upgrades or mileage? Thx
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Oh one more thing what will clear first? Im lifetime gold btw.

Will my $150 + 15,000 clear first if space opens Y to J OR
stickers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.