Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: akarneboge
NOTE: There are only twenty (20) Boeing 777-323ER ("77W") in the AA fleet.
Print Wikipost

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by JHIN
Oh one more thing what will clear first? Im lifetime gold btw.

Will my $150 + 15,000 clear first if space opens Y to J OR
stickers?
Miles and copay.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Well expert flyer sent me an alert of open J seats for upgrade but when I called about my miles + copay they said I still have to wait?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm confused with he service standards on these flights. Sometimes we get amenity kits and sometimes "catering didn't load them". Are they all supposed to get amenity kits? I'm taliking about 767s and 77W's not single aisle flights. Have a couple of Transcons coming up on this route with family and want to make sure we will get eye masks or if we need to bring our own. BTW, when we get kits they Re usually the old retro ones, not the new C or F class international kits.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by FAA1996
I'm confused with he service standards on these flights. Sometimes we get amenity kits and sometimes "catering didn't load them". Are they all supposed to get amenity kits? I'm taliking about 767s and 77W's not single aisle flights. Have a couple of Transcons coming up on this route with family and want to make sure we will get eye masks or if we need to bring our own. BTW, when we get kits they Re usually the old retro ones, not the new C or F class international kits.
Every MIALAX flight gets amenity kits, regardless of the type of plane it is.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Every MIALAX flight gets amenity kits, regardless of the type of plane it is.
Supposedly, unless like he said carrying drops the ball.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:41 am

MIA-LAX June 24

Just flew this route here's some notes & observations

I used miles+copay to upgrade
UpgrAAde confirmed slightly <24 hrs b4 the flight
Boarding was a mess - mass rush as they called first class
My seat 12A had a open storage bin and 3 Windows 11A did not and 13A had NO storage bin overhead as it had all oxygen tanks in it
Linens pillows water bottle menu and gray felt like amenity kit were all at my seat upon arrival
FAs said nothing could be in the footrest for takeoff so brief case went in top storage
One of the best biz seats in the sky though I prefer Cathay Pacific. IMHO both need more seat padding as my tail bone ends of hurting if I use the seat for anything but lie flat.
Lie flat is not all that comfy flat on your back as the split in the seat is right at your lower back where you need support so for me unless your snoozing on your side the cradle position seems best in your back.
Plenty of room to stretch out for sure
IFE - for AA had huge Selection of movies - for TV I thought it was crap IMHO (allot but) it's all cable programming not much from the 3 national stations. I got in two 90 minute movies this trip.
IFE doesn't tilt which to me was a miss on their part
Used my own Bose just fine
Had two air vents ++ overhead

Food & Drink
Offered water juice of champagne as we boarded
Standard nut & drink service - meh!
Offered salmon starter which on this flight most skipped - I agreed but I live in Seattle so I've become a salmon snob LOL
Salad was weak!! Greens and red onions??? No carrots cucs or tomatoes - thumbs down
3 main entrees: BBQ chicken with kale quinoa and carrots - dry as a bone - Thai curry shrimp and risotto which was my 2nd choice of I didn't get the chicken - last was parpadelle pasta - sundaes for dessert cheese too then prior to arrival warm chocolate chip cookie

This seat definitely ups the AA game for long haul travel & for context my experience has been on BA - QF - CX - DL

By contrast I happened to fly the 767-300 on AA between MCO-MIA twice - once in older J - which was lie flat 2x2 seating and the newest 1-2-1 seating where seats are also staggered. IMHO the older was def more pleasing and comfy - the newer version (had a window seat) while comfy was narrower shoulder wise especially in lie flat mode which mean side sleeping for sure and the foot cabinet was cramped. Though the new version didn't bother my tail bone like the Cirrus one on the 777.

For AA my pref still is the Cirrus seat but followed by the slightly older J 2x2 lie flat not the 1x2x1 version. I would take DL Delta One 757 lie flat seat over older AA J anyday.

Hope that helps.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by JHIN
Boarding was a mess - mass rush as they called first class
Did you board from Gate 41? IMHO boarding for this flight is one of the most insane boarding experiences ever. The gate is consistently a madhouse and it seems like over 100 people line up right when they call for the eight-seat F cabin. If you're in Y and you don't line up right when they call (i.e. wait for them to call EXP and the like), good luck finding any baggage storage for your luggage within 10 rows of your seat.

If you're in J/F, best to wait in the lounge for as long as possible.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:08 pm

Gate 48 as I recall
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Leaving from TBIT tomorrow
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Heading to JAX from PHX in a month and taking the long route via LAX-MIA so I can take this flight again!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Booked the MIA-LAX 1428 flight last month for a trip in early December when I found a one way for $118. Immediately did the 15K + $75 upgrade to J for me and my wife. Flying back from SFO and booked straight into F since the Y + stickers (I would have had to purchase stickers) came out to almost the same price, so why wait and risk not getting the upgrade. It's a 737-800 on the SFO-MIA flight, but wife doesn't fly often so wanted her to enjoy it.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:17 pm

Now at t-36 and have not gotten any notice from EF about C inventory opening up. 12 seats in J still open.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by phxbarcelona
Now at t-36 and have not gotten any notice from EF about C inventory opening up. 12 seats in J still open.
Got my EF notification at t-30. Called AA and first agent said I was still in line to have my SWU clear. I HUCA and said I think there is C7. Can you check and process my SWU. Super nice agent said yes you are right and let me take care of that.

So excited to be on the 77W for my third time this year!
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HHonors Gold; IHG Platinum
aa.com is only showing refundable fares for MIA-LAX in J on the 77W regardless of what date I select. Are they really only selling refundable fares or should I call the EXP desk?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by thorofare
aa.com is only showing refundable fares for MIA-LAX in J on the 77W regardless of what date I select. Are they really only selling refundable fares or should I call the EXP desk?
super crazy. when I looked at this a few weeks ago, I saw I0 on every day for 77W flight. with no discount J sales, every day at ~T-24 the flight goes to C7. nutz that AA doesn't want any paid discount J fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.