Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Discussion: AA Catering still Disgusting (separate from description / menu threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion: AA Catering still Disgusting (separate from description / menu threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Even international business meals are about the same quality as domestic first nowadays. This was my meal from GRU to JFK! This is no where near the quality as it was two years ago. this is just a standard domestic first meal now:
I'm confused did they actually serve as one tray? Is that because of the late departure?

It looks vile anyway. With plastic plating, this would easily make for a Y meal on a number of Asian airlines.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AA
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'm confused did they actually serve as one tray? Is that because of the late departure?
That should not of made a difference however, same excuse "similar" to not offering PDB on all of my AA flights by the FA's.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I had a very nice meal, which according the cabin crew was only a "snack", on a 1 hour QR flight in F that departed at 2300. Maybe AA should ask them for some pointers?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic

It looks vile anyway. With plastic plating, this would easily make for a Y meal on a number of Asian airlines.
This was the intercontinental J meal served. Flight left on time (early actually). Everyone in J got this slop.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:03 am

Why don't they quit with the faux "gourmet" & serve a good club sandwich? I remember those sundaes & they could skip the meal for me & just serve those.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:02 am

This was the intercontinental J meal served. Flight left on time (early actually). Everyone in J got this slop.
Sounds exactly like the late night supper flights, which has been done for years. I much prefer to eat before I get to the airport, and sack out immediately after takeoff.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Folks, it's AIRPLANE FOOD. There is a limit at what anyone can do at 35,000 feet given the tiny ovens and cramped galley.

Did you expect anything other than Airplane Food? Did you buy into the hype?

Pah. Forget the hype. Airplane Food varies from delicious (I still remember a chef's salad I had in Coach, once) to truly horrible. If you find you really can't stomach Airplane Food, then get something of your own choice while still on the ground, then pass on the inedible disgusting food while in flight.
They were able to serve tasty cuisine in all the cabins a decade or two ago. One would assume the technology improvements in the recent years would not impede this.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gringa
Why don't they quit with the faux "gourmet" & serve a good club sandwich? I remember those sundaes & they could skip the meal for me & just serve those.
Agree on all points!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:59 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
I got food poisoning from one of the meals on board AA45 CDG-JFK last Tuesday or at the Admirals Club CDG or Flagship Lounge JFK. Breakfast Croque Monsieur, Lunch cold chicken starter - I declined the entree, crackers and cheese and chopped fruit were all I ate. I started vomited halfway through the JFK-SAN flight.

Croque Monsieur at French bar/tabac in Senlis on Sunday 5.50 Euro

Croque Monsieur onboard AA45 CDG-JFK on Tuesday, priceless.

I rarely eat the entree as the flavors are always funny. Now I'm not eating anything. Sadly the sad looking croque tasted pretty okay so I at most of it.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The croque monsieur looks like it's Y food (with the grocery-store mini-packet of cookies). Are they serving economy class meals on real porcelain now? That's quite nice.

BTW, it's hard to tell what the mush on the upper left is supposed to be. A croque is traditionally served with green salad, which that doesn't appear to be.

So sorry for your terrible flight! I hope you www.aa.com/contactaa
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by hillrider
The croque monsieur looks like it's Y food (with the grocery-store mini-packet of cookies). Are they serving economy class meals on real porcelain now? That's quite nice.

BTW, it's hard to tell what the mush on the upper left is supposed to be. A croque is traditionally served with green salad, which that doesn't appear to be.

So sorry for your terrible flight! I hope you www.aa.com/contactaa
That was international paid business. The mush was billed as potato salad. I did eat two tiny bites, it was oddly spicy, and I don't think that stuff was mayo, overall suspicious. That could have been my downfall, but I ate very, very little. The cookies were dry, but okay.

Thanks for the sympathy. That flight was actually the best of the 4 AA flights on that trip. The coach flights on LH had better food: half a sandwich on each 1 hour flight and free wine.

Last edited by lili; Jun 15, 2015 at 6:18 pm
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I think people eat better in prison. Looking at those photos visually you would get food poisoning.

Originally Posted by lili
I got food poisoning from one of the meals on board AA45 CDG-JFK last Tuesday or at the Admirals Club CDG or Flagship Lounge JFK. Breakfast Croque Monsieur, Lunch cold chicken starter - I declined the entree, crackers and cheese and chopped fruit were all I ate. I started vomited halfway through the JFK-SAN flight.

Croque Monsieur at French bar/tabac in Senlis on Sunday 5.50 Euro

Croque Monsieur onboard AA45 CDG-JFK on Tuesday, priceless.

I rarely eat the entree as the flavors are always funny. Now I'm not eating anything. Sadly the sad looking croque tasted pretty okay so I at most of it.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Even international business meals are about the same quality as domestic first nowadays. This was my meal from GRU to JFK! This is no where near the quality as it was two years ago.
I think the problem is ex-Brazil in general. Just flew GIG-JFK and had that exact same disgusting chicken curry salad appetizer. Revolting. Flew Salvador-MIA a few months ago and same poo.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by justforfun
I think the problem is ex-Brazil in general. Just flew GIG-JFK and had that exact same disgusting chicken curry salad appetizer. Revolting. Flew Salvador-MIA a few months ago and same poo.
Yeah if these meal plans are due to the hour I still think it's part of Discount Dougies new plan. 2 years ago there were much better meals and options out of GRU. It's only been the past year that it took this nose dive.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
It was never gourmet food, but I still remember tasty meals in Y on TWA. AA *used* to have decent airline catering in TATL J, and the dining experience in my single DFW-LHR F trip was worthy of being called a US airline first class service. Having said that, the tiny salad+meat product for lunch ORD-MCO wasn't horrible, but I have often had better in domestic F in the past. The meals used to be more consistent in quality, and with a lot less attention to the company's bottom line. It used to be a point of distinction, not an obligatory service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.