Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Discussion: AA Catering still Disgusting (separate from description / menu threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion: AA Catering still Disgusting (separate from description / menu threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I don't think there is any question that the food has gone downhill over the last year or so. The relatively small cost savings doesn't justify the degradation in the flight experience for passengers, IMO.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Yesterday, JFK/LAX F transcon. Menu reads something to the tune of how amazing the food is prepared and refers the wine as "exceptional". The $9 bottle of chardonnay being poured in F is exceptional. Exceptionally poor compared to competitors DL is pouring a $17 and $24 bottles of white.. JetBlue is $22. I just got pushed a promo to fly DL new LAX One product once and get Platinum and SkyClub access thru beginning of 2016.

Oh, and the AA transcon F chicken product left me wondering just one thing. Brown sharpie or Black sharpie to mark the chicken product edge to look like its grilled?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I purchased 2 first class tickets on American SFO -JFK - SFO, 1 in July, 1 in August. For this RT first class ticket I get 24,000 bonus miles, first class bonus miles, double elite miles... but I already qualify for 2016. Your post really makes me wish I had flown JET BLUE MINT. The food, beverages, snacks, and service are superior to American. I'm paying $1,700 to be served food and beverages that you would find at a 7/11...

American Airlines is coach class... in all 3 cabins... you are just paying for the seat. Food and service is junk level... and those who don't know better LOVE IT.

I could really kick myself in the head for purchasing those tickets.

Originally Posted by cyber1k
Yesterday, JFK/LAX F transcon. Menu reads something to the tune of how amazing the food is prepared and refers the wine as "exceptional". The $9 bottle of chardonnay being poured in F is exceptional. Exceptionally poor compared to competitors DL is pouring a $17 and $24 bottles of white.. JetBlue is $22. I just got pushed a promo to fly DL new LAX One product once and get Platinum and SkyClub access thru beginning of 2016.

Oh, and the AA transcon F chicken product left me wondering just one thing. Brown sharpie or Black sharpie to mark the chicken product edge to look like its grilled?

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Jun 16, 2015 at 11:42 pm
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
This has me dreading my upcoming BCN-PHL flight (US metal) that is in .... Y. What am I to receive if the above is J catering!? Any pics of international main cabin meals?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Is your F seats refundable?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
At least they have real butter and salt and pepper shakers.

Jet blue Mint:

Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I wish.... and Jet Blue servers TURLEY WINES!!! Mint is fantastic!

I'm at the point I will pay for the experience on Mint, than wait for an upgrade on AA, an upgrade to food, wines and service that is no better than 7/11 or stop and go.

Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Is your F seats refundable?

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Jun 17, 2015 at 12:21 am
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA EXP
Originally Posted by BA0197
This has me dreading my upcoming BCN-PHL flight (US metal) that is in .... Y. What am I to receive if the above is J catering!? Any pics of international main cabin meals?
Just flew this route on US metal (332) last month and it wasn't that bad, actually. Choice of thai chicken or pasta...I went for the chicken, and it was ok...right on par for TATL Y food. Overall, the service was really good...solid FA crew.

I would actually say that the thai chicken on this flight might have been better than the teriyaki beef I ate (mentioned a page or two back) in domestic first a couple weeks ago.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 12:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The breakfast I had flying SJC-ORD last month was fine, though I really don't like the low quality sausages and cafeteria style biscuits. The food I've had on AA since the merger is, in my opinion, worse than what there was before but I wouldn't go so far as to say disgusting.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by lili

Croque Monsieur onboard AA45 CDG-JFK on Tuesday, priceless.
I would have sworn that was a sponge! Maybe I know croque-monsieurs (in their various conceptions) too well for my own good?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by BA0197
I happen to fly this route recently. No pictures, but enough information I think.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25001725-post246.html

Rasheed
Old Jun 20, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I had this delicious breakfast in Y on an internal flight in Pakistan about two months ago. AirBlue from Karachi to Islamabad. Ticket cost about $70.

I think breakfast is by far AA's best domestic F meal (and has been downgraded the least), but this AirBlue Y meal was at least on par with it. As I told Hector in an email, at the rate AA is going its domestic F service will soon be little more than Spirit's "big front seat".
Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by dickinson
I don't think there is any question that the food has gone downhill over the last year or so. The relatively small cost savings doesn't justify the degradation in the flight experience for passengers, IMO.
Perhaps. But from a bottom line perspective, AA has reduced its cost and we're all still flying.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Perhaps. But from a bottom line perspective, AA has reduced its cost and we're all still flying.
Perhaps we all are, but as a PLAT I have found myself much less motivated to buy stickers for upgrades.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 4:23 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
In all honesty, I don't sweat it these days if my upgrade doesn't clear. I find the exit row has the same amount of legroom, the salad or sandwich I get for free is better than any of the food in F, and there is a higher chance no one is sitting next to me. The only real advantage of F is I get off quicker.

The only exceptions are the transcon routes, where I think there is still a meaningful difference between Y and J. I also do think the quality of the food has declined less on these routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.