Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Discussion: AA Catering still Disgusting (separate from description / menu threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion: AA Catering still Disgusting (separate from description / menu threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE

I had a breakfast flight this morning. The food served was all vile. A quiche that tasted like a wet sponge, neighbor had oatmeal and said it wasn't any good. The potatoes were the worst potatoes I have ever tasted. There are only two things keeping me at AA. Value of miles and eVIP's. The onboard product is far below the competition. My recent UA/DL flights in First had food that tasted decent and was much fresher. Anyone else feel feel the same about this nasty food?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT GB, UA GOLD, MARRIOTT GOLD, HILTON GOLD, IHG PLT
AA's crap food should be served to Doug Parker and his minions in Dallas. Let them eat the crap they serve and watch things change in a hurry.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
According to the OP, he's sticking with AA for other things he wants. His choice.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
I agree. I flew UA F for the first time in nearly two years recently from IAH to EWR, and the food was much better than anything I have been served on AA recently. Such a shame! AA used to have decent food, but now has the worst catering of them all.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Domestic or international? Flight origin and destination help with frame of reference.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by aero0729
The onboard product is far below the competition. My recent UA/DL flights in First had food that tasted decent and was much fresher. Anyone else feel feel the same about this nasty food?
I disagree, in only that all the domestic FC meals are nasty. Saying that the DL or UA examples are better are a like bringing homely person home, but justifying it to all your friends that they were the best looking you could find.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: Thai Gold, UA, AA, SWA
I guess the lucky passengers were in the back of the plane. Not worth the extra money if the food is that bad.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Gotta wonder what lab tests would say? Is it even what they say it is or a tofu replacement?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I question the OP's view. I think the breakfast on AA is typically decent and struggle to really believe that the oatmeal was problematic. It's oatmeal.

If this were about lunch or dinner food being disgusting that would be another story...
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by luvlanna
AA's crap food should be served to Doug Parker and his minions in Dallas. Let them eat the crap they serve and watch things change in a hurry.
Keep that crap out of Dallas. Keep it in Tarrant County: send it down International Parkway to Amon Carter.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:41 pm

Smile

I had the same quiche a few days ago and thought it ok, including the potatoes.
For airplane food, that is.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Other than the transcons AA has never done breakfast very well, albeit its breakfast food. Remember the days of the cheese omelet.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Jet Blue Mint, food snacks and beverage is far superior to AA transcon... even the seats are better.

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Other than the transcons AA has never done breakfast very well, albeit its breakfast food. Remember the days of the cheese omelet.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
AA Catering is still Disgusting

Why eat it if it is so disgusting?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
Domestic or international? Flight origin and destination help with frame of reference.
Why? Nasty food is nasty no matter where it's being served, although I am curious as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.